Star Citizen MMO (PC)

jonneymendoza

Legend
1 January 2004
Arsenal
Currently still in alpha but has enough content to enjoy 20-30h of game time .

Its very early alpha with lots of game breaking bugs but when it works it is one of the best games i have ever played

Here is a video of the latest patch(they release a new patch/update every quarter)]

WHats coming soon

I will be free to try around end of october/early November in a event called IAE.

If you want to try it now, you just buy a game package that comes with a starter ship, Star citizen mmo game and SQ42 simgle player ga,e(currently being developed also) for like £40

i really would like to take a look at this, now that i own a PC again.
for me its mainly about the graphics and the world. 40 bucks aint worth it for me... any chance there is a sneak peak or lite version coming sometime?!

i really would like to take a look at this, now that i own a PC again.
for me its mainly about the graphics and the world. 40 bucks aint worth it for me... any chance there is a sneak peak or lite version coming sometime?!
Yea there will be.

Sometime in November there will be a free fly event that lasts for 2 weeks. It is basically 2 weeks where you can download and play the game for free.

You also get to fly every ship thats in game for free too!

The event is called IAE.

Watch out for it

Yea there will be.

Sometime in November there will be a free fly event that lasts for 2 weeks. It is basically 2 weeks where you can download and play the game for free.

You also get to fly every ship thats in game for free too!

The event is called IAE.

Watch out for it
ah ok, i read that above comment of yours but i am interested in a free version that lasts! :D
ok then, i will give this 2 week sneak peak a try. will you be so kind and comment here again (maybe link account) so i wont forget, once the trail is out?!

For sure OK cool I will.

Are you on discord or steam etc?

I'll be jumping on it during iae and I can show you the ropes

Info dump!!

Citizencom highlights:

New ship announced

400i, straight to flyable in 3.15 the next LIVE patch

Pyro gameplay

HIghly recommend to watch this video below if you care mostly about gameplay and missions

Some of the above is coming in the next few patches.

Of course you can grab a ball of popcorn and a 6 pack can of beer and rewatch it all as i only posted summary videos regarding it.

Out of the panels i would recommend watching life in the verse, crafting worlds and systemic gameplay videos.

30K server crashes will no longer lose your cargo.

Server Crash Recovery
(We heard you liked trading fixes)

Having lost a hull full of cargo ourselves due to a pesky error 30k, we know all too well how frustrating encountering a server crash can be. For that reason, we're very happy to announce the addition of Server Crash Recovery!

So, how does it work? We're adding functionality that creates a "heartbeat" (regular logging with persistence) for you and your ship. So, in the case of a server crash, the backend will recognize that an unexpected timeout has happened, allowing you to visit any ASOP terminal and spawn your ship, intact and exactly as it was pre-crash. This means your cargo, ship status (health/fuel), and any items you had lying around your ship will return in the exact state that it was.

Now, it's important to note this is merely a simple interim fix. Long term, this will all be handled by the entity graph and server meshing work, where we'll track shard history which will allow us to properly retain information and restore you directly to the moment you left off (mid-quantum flight, etc.). Nonetheless, while this is a temporary solution, it should be effective and reliable.

It's also important to note that this new addition is specifically for server crashes. Client crashes would still be handled in the same way they are now, with current crash recovery functionality.

This is currently in review and will hit the PTU very soon!

Also: some Server meshing news

Server Meshing and its benefits
- Will support multiple systems
- Supports global/environmental persistence
- Better server performance
- Increased scalability of instances, which will become shards
- Higher player counts in those shards

- Better fault tolerance and recovery Shards and how they will work

- We aim to increase shard density over time, with regional shards being a more realistic target. A global shard has some serious issues (including real-world limitations) to overcome before we can even start working on it

. - Even with different shards, the goal is to make a seamless experience for players. Different shards will have different states, but eventually you and your friend will be tied to a shard permanently.

- For regional shards, you will be able to select the region, so you won't be 'trapped' in a single region. However, the shard histories will be different.

- We won't start with regional shards; in the beginning it will be non-deterministic which shard you end up in (although it would still allow grouping with players together).

Back
Top Bottom