Spore

1.6Ghz Core 2 Duo
2GB RAM
Intel X3100 integrated graphics.

Decent laptop so I'm hopeful about Spore running alright.

So what is there to do once you have created your creature? Is it similar to Black and White?

Still a little bit confused as to what you do when youve created your guys. Im downloading the creature creator now.

So what is there to do once you have created your creature? Is it similar to Black and White?

Still a little bit confused as to what you do when youve created your guys. Im downloading the creature creator now.

You have to evolve him over 6 different levels, each with a different game type.

You can 'mate' your creature at any time which evolves a new species (basically takes you into the creature creator and allows you to add new bits you've earned).

Aside from evolution, I'm not sure about the actual gameplay myself as it seems there is no real penalty for getting killed. You just get 'reborn' with everything you had before.

That is my ONLY gripe - you should lose something for dieing. Maybe you do later...

There's various "games" in it. There's a game that looks/plays like Civilization, then one that's like Black & White, and a few other types too I think.

zultan.jpg

ZULTAN!

:lmao:

It looked good as the page loaded and the image started showing ... then the page got lower and lower and I seen the "horn" :lmao:

Have you seen the amount of things you can do when you take it for a test drive?

You can easily create movies and pictures with the click of a button. Very clever invention that seems to work flawlessly. I can see myself picking this game up tomorrow. Here is my gfs creation...

CRE_Keown-06e9ee2e_ful.png

I'm really looking forward to giving this a go now. My girlfriend is coming around tonight but I reckon she'll enjoy the Creature Creator side of things so hopefully I'll still get a bit of Spore in :DD

On the trial...ive reloaded it and it shows that I have 2 creatures but only my original one is showing?

From the unofficial FAQ

-HELP! MY CHARACTER GOT DELETED!
1)Drag all the PNGs out of your spore creatures folder
2)Open CC, go to main menu, close CC
3)Put the PNGs back
4) Open CC, go to all creatures, make a slight change and it will be listed as yours

Quick tip I've just read is to SAVE OFTEN as the game doesn't auto save. So if you have a crash or any type of error you'll lose everything

-

What is Spore?

A better question is, "What isn't Spore?"

Originally titled SimEverything, Spore is a simulation game from tidepool to space.
The best place to start would be at the beginning. In the beginning, there was a cell.
You swim around in a little pool, eating things. Every time you eat things, you grow.
This is the tidepool phase. Eventually, after enough growth, you evolve onto land.
You are a slug. Go around eating things and obtain enough DNA points to where you go
into the creature editing phase.

Enter the most open ended editor ever. Morph your creature
any way you want. Do you want a duck-dog? Make it. Want a giraffe-rhinocerous? Make it.
Even morph the parts you put on your creature. After you are satisfied with the look of your
creature, expand its brain and move into the tribal phase. Create a hut with tools just as
open-ended as the ones in the creature stage. Buy tools to shape your creature's culture.
After you grow large enough, enter the city-civ phase. Use the open ended tools to craft
buildings for your city and the city itself. Will Wright describes it as, "a simplified
version of SimCity" Craft your vehicles.

Wage war on neighboring cities or be a peaceful diplomatic nation. Either way, your goal is to rule the world.
Once the world is conquered,you are far from done. In fact, you could say it is just the beginning. Craft a spaceship
and sail into your solar system. Visit other planets in the system. Look at new life forms,
possibly even intelligent life. After a while, buy the interstellar drive. Move out into
the stars and visit 500,000 other stars, each with an average of four planets. You are sure
to find other intelligent life. Craft a web of diplomatic relations or just conquer them all.
On the other hand, you can just leave them be, but what's the fun in that?

Online System
Your creations will automatically be compressed to about one kilobyte and sent out to Spore
servers. Other players will receive your planet somewhere in their galaxy, but you don't control
it in other players games, so if they blow up your planet, it does not affect you. Instead, your
creations are copied, and they act based on your actions in the game.
For example, if you are a peaceful
diplomatic nation, then it will act like that in other games. If your ecosystem needs a key predator, Spore
automatically goes on its servers and chooses one. When you don't feel like building your buildings, that is
okay. You can go to the buy buildings menu and choose one. Spore will automatically recommend buildings that
are similar to your building style.

SporePedia
Sporepedia is a system of cards which save all the content you have seen. Each star is one card. Click on that
card, and it brings up the cards which show the planets. Click on a planetary card, and it shows the cards of the
creatures and plants that you have scanned.

Genetic Engineering
Genetic Engineering is a technology you can research in the space stage. After this, you can create creatures and plants
for free! No DNA points needed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom