Spelunky 2 [PS4/PC]

Amazingly I am at the same point with this game as the original Spelunky after similar playtime, basically nowhere. only like 6-7 runs beyond level 2. Mad.

Well, it took 1209 tries, but I finished Spelunky 2!
giphy.gif

The normal way, that is. There is obviously a harder, more complex way to do it as well, but I will have to look that up. Although 1209 probably seems like a lot, I did do it blind, not looking up any strats.

Well, it took 1209 tries, but I finished Spelunky 2!
giphy.gif

The normal way, that is. There is obviously a harder, more complex way to do it as well, but I will have to look that up. Although 1209 probably seems like a lot, I did do it blind, not looking up any strats.
While I haven't completed it yet, I agree with you going in blind is the most fun, old school way to play. There's not many games these days that encourage you to learn little things by yourself like we did before internet. I found out the other day that if you set the turkeys on fire in Chapter 2, they turn into an item that gives you a life. Most games would tell you that indiscriminately in a pop up as soon as start the level.

Only thing I don't enioy is playing online, at least with strangers. In my experience nobody actually tries to play properly and they just try and kill you for no reason than to be dumb.

While I haven't completed it yet, I agree with you going in blind is the most fun, old school way to play. There's not many games these days that encourage you to learn little things by yourself like we did before internet. I found out the other day that if you set the turkeys on fire in Chapter 2, they turn into an item that gives you a life. Most games would tell you that indiscriminately in a pop up as soon as start the level.

Only thing I don't enioy is playing online, at least with strangers. In my experience nobody actually tries to play properly and they just try and kill you for no reason than to be dumb.

My problem is not so much them trying to kill me, but rather that they run through the levels without doing the basic things. I ALWAYS take the key to the chest, as it makes things more easy in later levels, and so many times I am left standing with the key when someone exits a level. I did once mess up badly in a level I had not been in before, and accidentally killed my partner and the run, so that one was on me. that person did express his feelings on the next run, which I understood.

If you are playing on Playstation, add me on PSN, IceLandicOps, and we will grab a game sometime. If not, good luck on future runs!

My problem is not so much them trying to kill me, but rather that they run through the levels without doing the basic things. I ALWAYS take the key to the chest, as it makes things more easy in later levels, and so many times I am left standing with the key when someone exits a level. I did once mess up badly in a level I had not been in before, and accidentally killed my partner and the run, so that one was on me. that person did express his feelings on the next run, which I understood.

If you are playing on Playstation, add me on PSN, IceLandicOps, and we will grab a game sometime. If not, good luck on future runs!
Added, It would be nice to team with someone who cares about playing properly 🙂

Back
Top Bottom