Spanish La Liga Thread

Re: Spanish La Liga Thread << Atleti Champions! >>

I still don't agree that it was a penalty for Elche...but hey, it was given and it was what it was...

Today again very bad defensive play from Madrid. If this was any better team they would have been trashed today. Villarreal got 2-3 clear cut chances which they missed widely...

Re: Spanish La Liga Thread << El Clasico Fever >>

Barca looked lost at sea. They gave away the ball too much. I think RM had too much time w/ the ball in the final 3rd. Wasteful this could of been an embarrassing result.

Barca has players covered in dust :CONFUSE: Xavi/Inesta looked grandfathered in the selection today. Luis could of gamble w/ unknown players that could of ran to match RM`s athleticism. Mod or Isco were my MOTM.

Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta are on the verge of being "former" players, I've been more than a year saying it, they're done and only a stupid would go to the hardest stadium in Europe to play with only those 3 at the midfield.

That said, Casillas saved the 0-2 and the match was there, after Real second goal the match was done.

The good thing is that Suarez looked great and the day we have a coach who understands that you can play and even win with systems other than a 4-3-3 we will be competitive again.

PS: The punchline is that we spent 45 M€ on CBs this summer... to end up playing with the same ones who failed last year. Poor Mascherano, he's the best DMF in the world and has to suffer back there.

I agree, I always said Benzema is the best striker Real could have, but there's people who value strikers only by their goals.

Sad if true about my fav Iniesta. He deserves to retire in a Barca shirt like Puyol. I know longer get Barca and Real matches live so I will have to wait a day or two to watch the match. I don't understand his regression being that he is practically the same age as Rooney, Ronaldo and Robben with the latter two still playing great football.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Cris unselfishness cost them at least 3 counters.

He should've taken some by himself rather than passing to his team mates (who were either in awkward positions or too late to the punch) he would've buried one more and sunk Barça for good.

he looks overmotivated and hesitant. probably even he couldn't believe barça defence were that bad. I'm sure ancelotti would take care of this.

@Milanista, as I was probably the one criticize Benzema the most here, I'll reply. first, you're late. :BLEH: I posted this during the Liverpool game in midweek. secondly, I can still back my previous words on Benzema. he never performed at this current level consistently in mourinho's 4231 in front of a no.10 like özil, imo. but from the last season and on, in ancelotti's 433 he moves much more freely, connects with the midfield more, joins to the build-up more than ever and as he's naturally a SS (think of Eto'o at Barça) I'm sure these makes him feel better as a 'modern' striker and play better fitting to his true potential.

awful refereeing in favor of real against eibar tonight. just awful.

well it was awful, at least I can tell that for 1st half because I was busy during 2nd half.

Crazy but entertaining match, though atletico has gotten used to confuse intensity with violence. They could have ended with 1 or 2 more players down. Neymar and Messi are connecting well lately. Good goal for Torres.

Can someone explain what truly is going on w/ the player strike (possibly lockout)?
This reminds me of the famous MLB strike when the whole league went unpopular in the U.S. From it.

I understand (player Union) vs ?
League vs Federation , TV rights. It's too confusing in both dialects lol.

Bilbao's penalty action shows how mentally sick that Dani Alves is, he's a criminal towards his team. he's really a shitty person and a scumbag.

Will be tough. You've got Morata, Alcácer (who had a hat-trick tonight), Aduriz and perhaps Costa too. Truth is, Spain probably won't have enough room for more than three strikers because they need the spots to accomodate all the brilliant midfielders they've got.

yeah but in the end a player in form should be picked.. and if Fernando continues scoring, he won´t be ignored imo :)

Well he is a big-game player. Guess that might be the only thing he learned at Chelsea (from Drogba obviously).

Personally, I'd take him over Diego Costa based on this season and on how Costa has played for Spain in the past.

Exciting end of season.

Hoping for Real to come through and win, but I have a feeling Barca may just see it out now.

FD

I wanted Atletico to win, i'm not sure now after Simeone's stunt with the ball, he only got a 3 match ban for that...he should have got a much longer...things like that are absolutely not tolerable.

It wasn't Simone that kicked the ball on though?

I heard he was sent off because he was in charge of his bench.

That's like Pochettino or Ranieri getting a ban for Alli and Vardy who will/have been disciplined lately.

FD

Back
Top Bottom