SPAIN thread

Ryan w/o city spending and spanish euro footy you wouldn't be here expressing your views. Life wont reach everyones expectation.

Ryan w/o city spending and spanish euro footy you wouldn't be here expressing your views. Life wont reach everyones expectation.

To be fair, I've been on here since City had Shaun Goater and Spain were the underachievers of world football.

But I take your point.

Not sure if this reply will reach way up upon your lofty throne of football omnipetence, but the reason I fell in love with the game was the thrill of it. Please let us not forget that before it became big business and all about debt, expenditure and so forth, football used to be about entertainment. About grabbing your kids and taking them to the local stadium, or watching a game on tv.

If all football teams played like Spain do, no one would bother watching. It would never have taken off. Spain literally suck the fun out of football. England were rightly criticised for doing the same thing.

Footballers shouldn't be so terrified of making mistakes, of losing, that they forget that in essence they're a bunch of kids running around with a ball.

Spanish football has lost the romance for me. If I were to show up what we called 'Saturday soccer' and see a bunch of 10 year olds refusing to go forward, refusing to take their men on and refusing to take risks I'd tell em to man up and try and score.

Spain, the 'greatest national team ever' just played a 90 minute European semi-final and mustered 1 shot on goal, which was comfortable, in the entire regular time. That's not the greatest team ever for me, even if the win loss column suggests it is.

Great athletes transcend results. This Spanish team does the opposite in this tournament. (and the WC to an extent - but they were awesome 4 years ago)

Yes I have heard it. I'll pass it on to Pele and he can pass it to the God of football Diego Maradona.

Your attitude is the reason England will never ever win a tournament for a long while.

Spain = Barcelona without Messi
same boring style, but in Barcelona Messi saves the day by scoring and running and dribbling ..
Messi is the only finisher and the joy-maker in Barcelona ..
that's the truth ..

No, Spain = Barca without Messi / Villa / Alexis Sanchez and Pedro!

That's the bigger problem!

No Messi is one thing but no width/penetrative runs of Pedro/Villa/Sanchez is another. No width.

You can see that as SOON as Spain introduces Pedro, Navas or a real forward like Torres/Negredo and Llorente, they instantly look MUCH more dangerous!

Spain - Italy was probably one of the best matches of the tournament. Then spain beated Ireland 4-0. Yes, the match against Croatia was a bad one, and against Portugal Spain played toothless possession for 90 minutes, but the in overtime Spain did everything and was great to see.

From day one, I said Pedro must be a starter. Everytime he gets in, Spain automatically plays the wing and creates danger. It is ok if you play without striker, but you need 2 wingers to do so. That's what Barcelona does usually, but there's people here who won't even understand this and are simply blinded by hatred.

Apparemtly, Barcelona plays a very boring football. That's why it's the team who has scored more goals overall every season for the last 3 years. But yes, all the goals were boring. Spain HAS BEEN a bit boring from the neutral point in the last two matches, yes, but there's people who seems to love highlights, not football. I really think Spain should speculate less and risk a bit more, but it is a tactical problem that Del Bosque should address.

But implying that possession game is boring by default is a very ignorant and rushed conclsuion, specially when there has been a team in the last years that has done miracles with it. It's simply denying evidence. I don't think there is only one way of playing right.

And by the way, I have been royally bored now and then watching teams like Madrid or Premiere teams this season. According to some it seems that direct football is the miraculous remedy for all. It's not, and I have seen a lot of times Madrid or Man United winning matches with only two or three shots on target. They can be boring as well.

Last edited:
Don`t forget Germany holds the ball too. Germany`s backline is not strong . Portugal imo has the strongest backs in the whole tourney. Hummel is strong and good going forward but their Full backs aren`t strong nor very fast. Italy plays very good and intelligent I wouldn`t mind a Spain vs Italy final.

So,I was spot on!

spanyolorom4.jpg

YouTube - Superman Theme

Ramos!

Tommorow our enemies shall dine in hell )) Im happy for Italy(thx god not germs in final) but Spain is invincible, tommorow we will witness an epic battle! May the best win, may that be Spain! Greetings from Greece, what a lovely place to watch final! :)))

Tommorow our enemies shall dine in hell ))
:CONFUSE: i knew the winners would get a cup, but i had no idea the losers would get executed! a bit harsh if u ask me :P
last time we met, italy was coming from a trashing by russia in our last friendly.
now, having seen our tournament-form and after watching our football for the last 5 matches, i feel much more confident.
you're still favourites of course, no doubt about that..... but over the last few weeks i've grown to believe that if there's a team which can actually beat u, that team is probably italy... infact i even believe we have better chances to beat u than germany would have had.

there's only one thing that bugs me: apparently we're gonna start chiellini on the leftback position and not balzaretti... wich is bad for 2 reasons. the first reason is that chiellini was absolutely terrible 3 days ago against germany.. and the second reason is that without balzaretti we're gonna miss one of the most important assets of our team, and that's gonna be a huge advantage for u.

anyway good luck for tonight guys.... and congrats for making it to yet another final. that's beyond impressive! :WORSHIP:

Last edited:
Good luck for tonight. I think Spain will change the starting eleven and formation, to ccontrol and win this game. I agree to the fact that you have one of the best teams/mentality/style of all time. So many finals at this level is no coincidence. Even if you lose, for me Spain still is the best national team in the world. It will be the hardest game yet, but you´ll prevail. Intelligent players football; little players football;pass and move, think and act football. How can people not like this football?

Lo zio good luck mate, even with Spain posession football its goin to be a match to remember, probably the best day of this summer!!

Bad formation again by del bosque... We will have to wait for the second half to put wingers there, sigh....

I am wondering, when Spain did notice their pass and pass and pass play wouldn't bring them far. Everything what I criticised before in this thread was changed an the score beautiful goals again. If there won't be a minor miracle in a half two, we'll see a new, old champion and it is not undeserved, although I still think their first two games in this tournament were weak.

Edit: Change the "not undeserved" to completely deserved. This was a demolition job and even I have to admit this Spanish team is the best team in the world. Congratulations to Spain for their victory!

And btw: All 3 of my predictions were correct. Look here. :P

Last edited:
it´s Spain time for re-writing football history and....i think they didn´t ended tonight...

congratulations

Congrats Espãna! Once again silenced the "boring football" comments. But it isn't enough, they will strike back.

Just too good and you get the feeling they could've stepped up a gear or two if they wanted to.

Frightening.

Damn that was some good display by you guys. Fgs play this way every time! Please don't put me to sleep again :P

Really deserved win. Both teams had their chances, the Spaniards scored, Italians didn't, then you went and killed the game with the 3rd goal.

Thanks again for your positive football.

Just too good and you get the feeling they could've stepped up a gear or two if they wanted to.

Frightening.

not to mention their bench and some unused substitutes....

:CONFUSE:

this Spanish football model and success might continue for another decade or more with the talent they have..

Congratulations Spain!

Well deserved! You are the best and have re-written history!

Technically, overwrote :D

Well done Spain. Played like world champs and won like world champs. Losing to Spain was no heartbreak, as it was fully deserved. I guess the 1-1 woke you guys up :D

1 goal allowed in whole tournament, how about that haters?? Siempre Espana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Prandelli made couple mistakes, first: Chiellini playing at wrong position - result goal from Silva from Fabregas pass, second mistake was 3rd substitution on 55min, result - Motta out and no substitutions left. Haters bow down before GODS OF FOOTBALL!!!!

well you express your feelings as if you were reading only hate comments in this thread about Spain, nobody hates Spain, maybe there are some guys who don´t like that style, but everyone who loves football, has to love Spain, even Italy... this is not a war, it´s football.. I think for Spain to deserve this all of their players need to stay on ground and..i don´t think all other players should bow down to them... it´s just their time, maybe later it will be again Italy or Germany time on next tournament..

Back
Top Bottom