Snowrunner (FKA Mudrunner, FKA Spintires)

Update 1.6 is live!

What is new in Snowrunner update 1.06?

Optimized PS4 memory management (fixes the most frequent crashes on PS4)
  • Improved dynamic resolution on PS4
  • First implementation of Logitech G29 on PS4 (Work in progress, expect issues)
  • First implementation of Logitech G920 on Xbox One (Work in progress, expect issues)

• Fixed PS4 graphic issues.
This was actually a side-effect of some memory and rendering fixes made previously, which caused some of the textures to now take longer to fully load, and PS4 dynamic scaling to activate more often.

• Added support for the Logitech G29 and G920 steering wheels.
  • Performance and stability improvements added.
  • Other minor under the hood fixes.
Download free Snowrunner version 1.06 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

https://updatecrazy.com/snowrunner-1-06-patch-notes-snow-runner-update-1-06/

While waiting for the update ive been playing Mudrunner and damn its such a satisfying game still. It did a few things and it did it well. The way your truck reacts to the terrain, how it sinks in the ground, the sounds of the engine, idk, everything just comes together so nicely.

Makes me wonder what it is with game studios these days that they want to switch engines and end up with worse gameplay and art direction. Look, i dont want to sound like a grumpy old man but is it too much to ask to just make a game better in all respects, and at the very least the things that are fundamental for its enjoyment? So i am gonna wait this one out a bit untill they fixed all the issues and hope they then start to focus on adding that extra layer of immersion that is lacking somewhat.

While waiting for the update ive been playing Mudrunner and damn its such a satisfying game still. It did a few things and it did it well. The way your truck reacts to the terrain, how it sinks in the ground, the sounds of the engine, idk, everything just comes together so nicely.

Makes me wonder what it is with game studios these days that they want to switch engines and end up with worse gameplay and art direction. Look, i dont want to sound like a grumpy old man but is it too much to ask to just make a game better in all respects, and at the very least the things that are fundamental for its enjoyment? So i am gonna wait this one out a bit untill they fixed all the issues and hope they then start to focus on adding that extra layer of immersion that is lacking somewhat.
Hey, grumpy old man! ;)
You are just asking for the possible, imo! So all good.

Stil enjoying this a lot. I'm mostly in Michigan, but yesterday i tried Taymir. Very difficult.

Anyone still playing this? I'm totally hooked by it. Great game.
Yes, still, but consuming it slowly. Holding off a bit at the moment, waiting for the next update which will probably be out this week. I am enjoying the more smooth, heavy and slower driving in mudrunner a bit more thats why i am not all in yet.

Never played mudrunner, but Snowrunner is a blast imo. I had to restart from zero because i lost my safe game (it was my own mistake, i should add). Had completed Michigan and was on the third map of Alaska. Having to restart then is not fun.
On the other hand, i have learned a lot now. When i restarted on the fiurst MIchigan map, i sold a couple of trucks, a scout and some trailers and then bought the Azov truck , and that is a great one.
After having done some contracts, i then went to the Drowned Lands map in Russia annd repaired the Tayga truck. So then i got the best truck in the game for free. Since then things are going smooth. I'm now on the second Michigan map. For me this is the game of the year...it's been a longtime that i have spent so much time with one game. All because of this thread...otherwise i never would have known this game. Thank you very, very much.

Never played mudrunner, but Snowrunner is a blast imo. I had to restart from zero because i lost my safe game (it was my own mistake, i should add). Had completed Michigan and was on the third map of Alaska. Having to restart then is not fun.
On the other hand, i have learned a lot now. When i restarted on the fiurst MIchigan map, i sold a couple of trucks, a scout and some trailers and then bought the Azov truck , and that is a great one.
After having done some contracts, i then went to the Drowned Lands map in Russia annd repaired the Tayga truck. So then i got the best truck in the game for free. Since then things are going smooth. I'm now on the second Michigan map. For me this is the game of the year...it's been a longtime that i have spent so much time with one game. All because of this thread...otherwise i never would have known this game. Thank you very, very much.

And you are very welcome Stan. Glad more people can appreciate this game!

Since patch 7, which was released yesterday, i am hooked again as well. It is slowly and surely coming together and growing on me. Still a bit too much bugs and small immersion breakers but its getting there. I can already say i reached that point where it seems foolish to look back because SR is now encapsulating more and more the things that made MR so compelling to me.

The other day i saw this video that talked about the things that create that sense of actually residing in a game world.

In this case it was in the context of RDR2, yet the contrast the video narrator experienced between more crowded and mission packed areas versus abandoned areas, reminded me a lot of the difference i experienced between MR and SR.

For me the MR world felt alive and believable and it magically threw me back onto myself, like a travelling backpacker thrown in a big sandbox where i can make up the stories. Coming from that to SR made SR feel more linear and shallow. For example, in SR i stopped less to take in the scenery because not only i felt rushed to deliver some metal beans from A to B but also the scenery was just not that interesting, it lacked some artistic depth for lack of a better explanation. It felt less game world and more video game.

Thankfully latest patch gave me the that push in the right direction. I can now play SR with my MR mindset; undistracted and creatively.

Last edited:
Not the MOD update, no. Not yet.
i was and am in hope for a PS5 performance update but I’m not sure if something like this is even in planning.

No, i have asked the team about their plans on a PS5 performance patch at some point but nothing was in the planning then and it didnt sound like it was a priority whatsover.

Having said that, supposedly the framerate and resolution is better on PS5, due to the generic improvements applied.

No, i have asked the team about their plans on a PS5 performance patch at some point but nothing was in the planning then and it didnt sound like it was a priority whatsover.

Having said that, supposedly the framerate and resolution is better on PS5, due to the generic improvements applied.
Thanks for the info!

Yeah, usual PS5 performance then. The graphics are fine anyway, imo. 60fps I wouldn’t say no to.

Back
Top Bottom