SLOVAKIA thread

PIPA23

retired :)
21 June 2007
Starting this thread to write about my national team all kinds of matches.. hopefully we make it to EURO but the road is just on start..

It is minutes after our U21 won 2:1 against Serbia U21

And Today will be big match in Bratislava against Croatia NT in preparation for EURO Qualification..

Personaly i hope untill 2012 we can overcome our performance from world cup 2010 and at last build a stadium that would make us proud.

We can also chat here about the performance of any Slovakian league teams or players in europe if you are interested. :)

Last edited:
Re: Slovakia football thread - Road to EURO 2012

good draw with good Croatia team 1:1 with Stoch and Jelavic as scorers..

Looks like Karhan is back in our first team, started as captain and had great match..

also looks like Kozak is out of the team for long time..wich is good imo..

Zenit´s Hubocan played good game as left back, but he is CB..

Overall nice prformance, but we have to fix our midfield play.. and man of match for me was Jendrisek, who played very good as defensive midfielder..

EDIT: Not Jendrisek but Kopunek :P

Last edited:

Yes, the drawn game from Croatia for Slovakia the good result, to these it proves to all that such good performance of this national team on a World Cup was not accident, and also that in selection group for EURO she will struggle only for the first place. In group for Slovakia tests already in a match against Russian national team will begin on September, 7th, most likely these national teams and will take two first places though still early to dismiss Ireland which has perfectly led selection on a World Cup 2010 and has not got there only because of a monstrous error of the referee in a match with France. By the way the most interesting in matches of national teams of Slovakia and Russia what Slovakia in 2005 has not given Russia of chance to leave in butt matches of a World Cup, having drawn with it.:D

well new week another news ...Slovan did shame to themselfs with their so called fans..i am not big supporter of Slovan in any sport so i just write they loose in last minutes of europa league match against Stuttgart...imo they have chance but not as big as Zilina...

Zilina did great - but they still have at least draw to be in next seasons...i dont say it not to jinx :P

here the Zilina goals against Sparta Prague:

AC Sparta Prague Vs MSK Zilina Full Highlights UEFA Champions League 17.08.2010

AC Sparta Prague Vs MSK Zilina 0-2 Goal By Tomas Oravec UEFA Champions League 2010

YouTube - AC Sparta Prague Vs MSK Zilina Full Highlights UEFA Champions League 17.08.2010

Last edited:

Good fellow Zilina. I hope it won't miss such advantage, and it will be shortly possible to look at performance of this team already in a group stage of a Champions League.:P

And about Slovan, I don't consider that it is shame to lose to Stuttgart with account 0-1, after all Stuttgart because it will be indeed more feasible was the favourite, than Slovan. Besides such account still keeps an every prospect for Slovan, and to tell who is more worthy a group stage of Europa League it will be possible only after a match in Germany.

Last edited:
Re: Slovakia football thread

tonight is the match of big importance Zilina against Sparta, (Slovakia vs. Czech republic :P ) they need only draw to be among europe elite teams...hope they make it :)

btw, coach Weiss nominated this players for first two matches of B group EURO 2012 qualifications against Macedonia (Friday the 3. September 20:30 on Pasienky, Bratislava) and against Russia (Tuesday 7. September 17:00 on Lokomotiv stadium Moscow)

Goalkeepers:
Ján Mucha (FC Everton)
Dušan Kuciak (FC Vaslui)
Dušan Perniš (Dundee United)

Defenders:
Peter Pekarík (VfL Wolfsburg)
Martin Škrtel (FC Liverpool)
Tomáš Hubočan (Zenit Petrohrad)
Kornel Saláta (ŠK Slovan Bratislava)
Radoslav Zabavník (1. FSV Mainz)
Marek Čech (West Bromwich Albion)

Stredopoliari:
Miroslav Karhan (1. FSV Mainz),
Mário Pečalka (MŠK Žilina)
Juraj Kucka (AC Sparta Praha)
Zdeno Štrba (Škoda Xanthi)
Kamil Kopúnek (currently without club)
Marek Hamšík (SSC Neapol)
Marek Sapara (MKE Ankaragücü)
Vladimír Weiss (Glasgow Rangers)
Miroslav Stoch (Fenerbahce Istanbul)

Strikers:
Stanislav Šesták (MKE Ankaragücü)
Erik Jendrišek (Schalke 04),
Róbert Vittek (MKE Ankaragücü)
Filip Hološko (Besiktas Istanbul)
Tomáš Oravec (MŠK Žilina)

Today's opposition of Zhilina and Sparta, or Slovak and Czech footballs will be really interesting, and about it it is possible to tell only one: GO Zhilina!:BSCARF::BEER:

yes very special match...also becouse our countries were one and i remember this well...+ also becouse now we are thinking about making again Czechoslovakia league, something we had before...i will be happy to see again this idea...like most of people think, it would make our football better imo..

can wait for the match..

so Zilina is winning after first half 1:0...they are a big step ahead Sparta and the goal from young Cessay was one of best i seen EVER...

Bravo Zilina! Bravo! They have proved that in this opposition they are stronger, than Sparta and are more worthy to play a group stage of a Champions League. I wish their of good luck in the further games!:TU:

And Hubočan, by the way, which has got to a national team, has played today simply awfully and has been removed with a red card.:R1

Last edited:

The class goal has hammered Ceesay, so through itself. Sparta had many moments to even up scores, take even that penalty, the player of Sparta, in my opinion, has punched somehow poorly though your goalkeeper too the good fellow, having guessed a blow direction. Thereby on it video it is possible to tell that game was equal, but nevertheless has carried more Zhilina, than Sparta.:PIRATE:

Thanks for video!:TU:

Contenders of Zhilina on group F in a Champions League 2010/11 became Chelsea, Marseille and Spartak Moscow. This group though also difficult for Zhilina but to be overcome to it for the third place granting the right to play play-off of Europa League, will be absolutely real. Good luck Zhilina!:BSCARF:

p.s. Though the Russian team also has got to group, but I to support it precisely not I will, in this group I will support only to Zhilina.

So the time has come to meet Russia, we are friends from history of our nation...but todays match could be very decisive in our next step to EURO2012 qualification...we had harder oponents on world cup and we won, or could win...hopefully today we take all 3 points, but on Russian wonderfull stadium of Lokomotiv in great atmosphere, i will be happy also with a draw!!

Podme Slovensko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

It really very significant opposition for our national teams! I very much liked national team Slovakia after WC 2010, but against the national team I can't be ill... More shortly who will show time more strongly Russia or Slovakia, and now I can tell only one: GO Russia! or Вперед Россия!:P:BSCARF:

so far better than i expected with us, defensive side definetly, with only one striker up front...and suprisingly we are one goal ahead thanx to fabolous strike of Miro Stoch :)

i am very pleased, just becouse Russia play but we scored...this is very important in this kind of matches..in the end of second half we started to play our game...with amazing work of our two DMs today..Karhan and Strba...

so far good match for us :) hoping for the same in second half

I am realy proud, 6 points Slovakia all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOM: Martin Skrtel, amazing performance

As so... As it is a pity...:SHOCK: Well here it was necessary to Akinfeev so to be mistaken, it is simple in general.:BRICK: Well the good fellow Slovakia, you were better today. Today Slovakia showed game worthy EURO. And we should prepare now for a heavy match with Ireland.:CRY:

well if other watched the game - fair would be a draw, becouse i have almost hart attack from last few minutes...you had 5 attacking players on our side :D but then..we used the chances we had very good..i supose if we meet in our ground, you will win, becouse the pressure will be on our shoulders..but as i said, so far it could not be better, we have all we could from first two matches..good luck to Russia..

Yes you really well used the moments, especially from your game protection was pleasant as it covered all attempts to shoot at the goal.:)

Better even don't remind. Akinfeev has simply presented a ball to Slovaks. Such error for the goalkeeper of a national team isn't pardonable, well will do, such happens, everyone when that makes silly mistakes...:P

Btw, it is that channel on which I watched this match, it is our favourite "the First Channel":SMUG:

yes but now we have to move on...

Chelsea players arrived yesterday to Slovakia...today there is big match for Zilina...hope they play with pride..

well..not that bad result after how i expected..

considering what Braga did in London tonight

yes very special match...also becouse our countries were one and i remember this well...+ also becouse now we are thinking about making again Czechoslovakia league, something we had before...i will be happy to see again this idea...like most of people think, it would make our football better imo..

can wait for the match..

This is a good idea for competitive football. And it would be a good idea for ice hockey as well.

Unfortunately there are not enough Czech's and Slovaks in terms of numbers.

By the way amigo how much money does the government put into sport as part of the national budget esp. in view of the economic recession ?

currently the money invested in sport is not as it should be, previous goverment - social one was trying to built many for example football fields in every town, even smaller, wich is visible and good move to give kids the space to make sport...but not only kids... for example in my town we invested a lot on making football stadium more beautifull and today it is the second best stadium in all terms we have in our country...first one is Zilina stadium...The project of our national stadium is canceled, we dont have the money and the Pasienky stadium in Bratislava - our new goverment thinks it is good enough for us for now...wich is bullshit...Tehelne pole i wont even mention...since they dont have the money even to destroy it...

So in the economic recession our social goverment did good, but then the other goverment we have now, does the oposite and thinks only about saving money but most of all to their own pockets.... so we might see all this progress fall down, but hopefully not...

the numbers of us are not many but we have lots of potencial in our youngsters for example in my country...i can not even imagine if all the talented but poor kids could become if they have the chance to train with hockey equipment they should have but...wich their parents cant aford to buy...only few have the money and usualy the most talented kits end up doing someting different...

It is high byrocracy..even in club like Zilina, club that should be rolemodel for other in our country..they had to give crazy ticket prices for normal people...such as 50euros for main stand...the chelsea match was basicly without ultras...only rich people could afford it..they plan the same for other remaining matches of CL...wich is kick in the ass for ultras who even go watch slovakia league matches and support the club...in any day...not just CL...

the bigest event will be next years Hockey championship, just i thought about buying ticktets to Kosice, to see at least Kanada or Sweeden play..becouse obviously our national team will be again only in Bratislava...wich is shit decisions for people from other regions...mainly east and centre..

about the hockey league...i think this would be amazing if we could be together again, since nobody ever asked the people if we want to separate in the first place...we were together and had our own identity..despite being together...two people decieded that, but this is past...

If we could have new league of football it would be great for the sport itself..but i say again, goverment and byrocracy are f....g up the people like in most countries.. :(

I agree with you there amigo.

Sport is vital thing for society. I am hearing this story in many eastern European countries.

I think it is very sad .I follow Russia in the hockey and there have been complaints that only the well off kids now have access to the facilities and equipment and more talented kids who cannot afford to carry on have to drop out.

For all it's faults the communist system did place a premium on sports and other social facilities such as childcare.

We've seen an unfortunate decline in the birth rates of countries like the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Poland for instance and it is still lamented by those of a certain age in the former east Germany.

Hopefully the recession can turn round and more money be diverted to sports.

I would like to see a united hockey league as both nations are very good at stick handling and silky skills on the ice and a joy to watch.

Unfortunately too many kids go to Canadian junior hockey too early and I've read several reports of political interference favouring players who are son's of political figures for instance in Slovakia.

I know the Slovak u20 compete as a team in their league uner Pro Hokej direction, but the depth of competition is not sufficient or even concentrated.

I know Skalica donated money for junior hockey but some of the facililities are in poor condition.

However there are new coaching qualifications required and the federation is looking to focus more on skills development amongst juniors so there is still plenty of hope. :)

Yes... This victory of Spartak over Žilina has shown that will be similar Žilina simply supplier of points in group. Well I hope that Žilina will show serious resistance to Marseille in a following match and can type the first points.;) And Spartak I can only congratulate on so important victory.:)

Back
Top Bottom