Sky One and other channels return to Virgin Media

Radiation

Golden Boot Winner
6 February 2006
Widnes
Newcastle United
A friend who works for Virgin passed the message onto me today - Sky One, Two, Three, Sky Sports News and I think a few random sky channels are returning to Virgin Media on the 13th November!

The first agreement will see the return, on 13 November, of Sky's Basic channels – including Sky1, Sky2, Sky3, Sky News, Sky Sports News, Sky Arts 1, Sky Arts 2, Sky Real Lives and Sky Real Lives 2 – to Virgin Media's cable TV service," reads the release.

"The second agreement provides for the continued carriage of Virgin Media TV's basic channels – Living, Living 2, Bravo, Bravo 2, Trouble, Challenge and Virgin 1 – as part of Sky's retailed channel line-up on satellite. Both deals will run concurrently until 12 June 2011.

Full story here
http://www.techradar.com/news/television/sky-one-back-on-virgin-media-481770

TBH I'll be glad to have Sky1 and sports and normal news back the rest are fairly pants like most digital and sky channels, full of cheap crap programmes repeated every day with ad's every 15 seconds, even the ad breaks have ad breaks...

Last edited:
That's the next complaint Ofcom are looking into but it won't be until sometime next year when they can make a ruling

Simpson's has been going downhill for years. I had a scan last night at what was on Sky One today and it was all the kind of shit they show during the summer holls.

The Simpsons has been shite since season ten I think, it's just smut, knob gags and the most unfunny jokes you've ever heard now. They're trying to compete with Family Guy and they're failing miserably.

It's a shame because the Simpson's was a great show and it was a really bad move copying F.G. because that's a different kind of humour for a slightly different audience and like you say they failed.

Great that Sky One and Sky Sports News is back. As for The Simpsons I dont understand why they are trying to copy Family Guy so much. When The Simpsons was in its best time (up to Season 10/11) it was the best animation by far and does a shit on Family Guy (which is appalling most of the time). Even The Simpsons movie was pathetic.

The Simpsons movie was alright, but it wasn't as funny as the majority of episodes I've seen pre-season ten.

Back
Top Bottom