Semi-Official Drummers Thread

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
Struggling to find much info about drums/drummers in the UK. Really need a drum forum to ask questions etc.

Anyone on Evo-Web a drummer?!

I thinking of buying my first 'proper' electronic kit tomorrow (got a cheapy USB kit for now) - a Yamaha DTXpress IV.

dtxpress4standard.jpg

Anyway, drummers unite, or this thread crashes and burns with so many others!

I used to be a drummer in two bands at uni. But I was really shit and didn't have my own drum kit and I have never even touched an electronic drum kit.

Ahh I loved Uni :))

I'm still waiting to hear back from the stores about picking the kit up. Dont these people want my money?!

The drum teacher has got back to me at least, so I will be booking some proper lessons :))

Better go round the neighbors in the apartment and see how noisy I've been so far and warn them its only gonna get worse! :LOL:

Thats only got about 4 pads. It just looks better, but the cymbals double up as yellow and green I think.
Exactly, load of rubbish. You wouldn't know when to hit the cymbals because the game interprets the drum and the attached cymbal as one and the same, it's not going to say "now hit the cymbal". Total waste of money IMO, the bog-standard Guitar Hero kit is better than that, even if they're plastic cymbals. At least they both work in Guitar Hero (even if I can't stand the GH tracklist).

Interesting thread though, I'm getting into drumming myself...

Last edited:
i thought it looked shite as well, looks like a kids kit that they have to learn to build first

bet it works well though for that price

Pb not being funny but that kit looks shit, how much is it i'll have a look for you my bro is a drummer.

Its considered one, if the not THE, best kit you can buy for the money and loads of amateur and professional drummers have that kit.

Anyways, made some phone calls yesterday and found out that the kit is out of stock with Yamaha until Jan 09 :((

Last shop I spoke to, said they had a ex-display model 'good as new' for £549!!! (retails between £700-£800).

Went down to pick it up yesterday and they threw in a brand new official bass drum pedal too. Kit is immaculate and it is just superb to play on and no kidding, in the hour I played on it last night has improved my drumming already due to some of the built in training effect, metronome and 60odd songs to play along too.

When buying the kit, I took advantage of the Governments Arts project called "Take It Home", where they will give you a 9 month interest free loan of up to £2000 to buy musical instruments - so it works out £55 a month :))

@DAGS

Dont think it works in any of the games, though you can connect to a PC to play DTXMania (Drummania emulator), or like I will do, connect it to Garageband on the Mac and record some of my stuff.

Anyways, love it and if anyone is seriously thinking of taking up an instrument, then look into the 'Take It Home' website to get the 0% loan...

I used to smoke Drum years ago when I was skint but much preferred Golden Virginia, especially when you could get it tax free.

Hmmm... not *quite* what we are looking for here :)

Anyways, drumming is going great - the Yamaha kit is superb. I'm getting fairly decent at Back In Black, but a Loooooooooong way to go.

I've got my first official lesson on Thursday :))

Had my drum lesson... wow, if you've never played or sat in front of someone playing the drums, then shit them boys are LOUD!

Took me a while to get used to it and the instructor kept saying "get your foot on that pedal - fucking hammer it!" :LOL:

Think I sucked though... gonna practice his drills until the next lesson in Jan :))

Back
Top Bottom