Searching

Flipper the Priest

International
15 July 2003
Scotland
Is searching this forum as difficult as it seems? Nearly everything I search for in any thread is too short or too common.

I don't want to be one of those guys who asks questions all the time, but I've had to because search results rarely return anything!

For me first it was difficult too. Have you tried the filters "search this thread only" or "search this forum only"?
Took me a year or so to recognize these :D

Reactions: Tom
Yeah I've tried them and still have the same problem. It's so frustrating!

Give a few examples of the type of search Mate, I mean if You type in adboards,Your going to get 10 + pages returned.
If you type in adboard pack, You get 3 pages returned.

So it is better to be specific and as Gabe said use the,filter options.

The search requires terms to have a minimum of four letters.

PES = too few letters
FIFA = fine

It's a massive conspiracy. EA SPORT$ have bought all forum software around the world.

(I'm just saying this before someone else comes up with it, and means it...)

The search requires terms to have a minimum of four letters.

PES = too few letters
FIFA = fine

It's a massive conspiracy. EA SPORT$ have bought all forum software around the world.

(I'm just saying this before someone else comes up with it, and means it...)

Long shot, but don't suppose this has changed, and it's an option now? Trying to find info about DkZ Studio is tough enough as it is.

Conspiracy it is. EA don't want us to search for "PES":
vzywKv2.gif

Jokes apart, three letter searches now don't return anymore a "too short" warning but they don't seem to work here yet.
Should we just give it some time to build some sort of index for it to come up with results?

It's still kinda wonky, some might even use the words "broken piece of crap". You're also missing the drop-down menu which should look like this

kQiAmc3.png

This also sometimes happens to me. However, while using any of the displayed options will lead to search results (except for the "Everywhere" option, because I don't really know why), they're...kinda off from what you're actually searching for.

@Mart is going to have a closer look as I don't have any direct access to the server files from my end. Maybe he'll have to adjust things the way I posted in post #9 above, but that's just me taking guesses.

I've installed XenForo Enhanced Search so we can adjust the settings and also keep up the performance/speed (hopefully). The search index is currently rebuilding so let's see if that helps once done. As we have nearly 3m posts it might take a while so search results may not be complete in the meantime.

EDIT: It's done and you can at least search for PES now, which I guess is useful?

Last edited:
Is there a time frame between something being posted and it appearing in a search result?

Someone posted today in the faces forum about a player "Mama Balde" when I then search the faces forum for that name or either part of that name - the posts from today with that name in it do not appear in the results?

Reactions: Tom
We've reset the search index, it should be back to normal now. Some posts of the last few days might remain in search limbo, however. Not sure about it, though. Guess we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom