RIP Whitney Houston

I will always love you ... R.I.P Whitney ...
tr_rip.gif
:CRY:

I could answer something but that would be very disrespectful towards Whitney...

Let's say that the only really good memory about Whitney that i have was when she was on French television and she was on a couch with a drunken and stoned (or faking it, knowing him) Serge Gainsbourg. While the host of that show was talking dead serious (no pun intended) with Britney, Gainsbarre was constantly mumbling...when at least the host left a silence, one could hear Gainsbarre mumbling quite loud: I..uhm...want..uhm...TO FUCK YOU.

Whitney was terrified, and afterwards it all went pear shaped for her.

She was a great singer. I remember her being Chaka Khan's background-singer, especially recognizable in the background in Chaka's song "I'm every woman", which she later covered.

The next thing that was remarkable was the song "I wanna dance with somebody" and "How will I know", great uptempo-songs.

Then came the movie "Bodyguard" and its big soundtrack with the Dolly-Parton-cover "I will always love you".

Then came the bad drug-related post-success-years.

She was never a writer or composer of songs, but she could sing better than most and it made her a multi-millionaire. But I guess money alone doesn't make happy.

Back
Top Bottom