RIP Phillip Seymour Hoffman - 1967-2014

user name 99

Death Ramp
25 May 2011
Buenos Aires
CA Independiente, Arsenal
Source: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/02/03/movies/philip-seymour-hoffman-actor-dies-at-46.html?referrer=

Phillip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his apartment in Greenwich, NY. He was inside his bathtub and holding a needle by the time he was found, probable overdose.

I just can't believe my eyes. He was one hell of an actor, in comedy as well as drama. I will rememberr him for roles in The Talented Mr Ripley, Almost Famous, Along Came Polly, Capote, Moneyball and my personal favourite Before the Devil Knows You're Dead.

RIP.

Last edited:
He may have been a talented actor, but I feel absolutely no sadness about this at all - he was a grown man with a wife and three kids, as well as a lucrative career, and he goes and does something fucking stupid, irresponsible and selfish like overdose on heroin.

I feel for his kids for losing their father, and the projects/directors who were relying on him, but the guy is a fucking idiot.

Same with Paul Walker, fuck him too. He wasn't driving the car, but he would have agreed to speeding around like a cunt... The car crashed at over 100mph, what if it had hit a child instead of a tree? The public reaction would be massively different.

Around 150,000 people die each day in the world, the majority from natural causes or out of poverty. Fuck feeling sorry for celebrities who do stupid shit.

Very freaky indeed, last night I decided to watch Hunger Games 2 and then on checking something straight after it, up popped that he was dead.

As already mentioned couldn't believe he was only 46, I took him to be well into his 50's.

FD

Not something I necessarily think, but I think a lot of people felt a loss when Phillip Seymour Hoffman died because of the joy he brought out through his acting.

His films were viewed by thousands (millions?) of people so it's a huge loss to the artform of film - it's easy to think that because he was in a privileged position as a celebrity, we shouldn't sympathise with him, but he's had a drug problem since before he was famous, yet still went on to act in the films he was in.

Not something I necessarily think, but I think a lot of people felt a loss when Phillip Seymour Hoffman died because of the joy he brought out through his acting.

His films were viewed by thousands (millions?) of people so it's a huge loss to the artform of film - it's easy to think that because he was in a privileged position as a celebrity, we shouldn't sympathise with him, but he's had a drug problem since before he was famous, yet still went on to act in the films he was in.

true, but the main point is this. Poor, Rich, middle of the road, no one is immune from disease, including addiction. To think otherwise is intellectually shallow and flys in the face of actual medical research and study.

Back
Top Bottom