Ridiculous Ai penalty saves

xPJRx

PESFX
17 November 2010
London, Uk
Liverpool FC
What is up with this game!?!!?
The AI GK will save 90% of all Penalties regardless of whether I git them hard, soft, top corner, bottom corner, down the middle, and taken with Harry Kane who is 94 rated for penalties.

I've tested this during ML, and also by forcing friendly matches into draws and then playing the penalty shoot out.
I played 4 friendlies that ended in penalties, out of the 20 penalties taken, the AI GK saved 17 of them, no matter where i aimed.

This is a ridiculous ratio and makes winning a penalty less of an advantage than winning a corner.

Just for info, play on PC, vanilla game play, no mods.

Any one else experience this?

What is up with this game!?!!?
The AI GK will save 90% of all Penalties regardless of whether I git them hard, soft, top corner, bottom corner, down the middle, and taken with Harry Kane who is 94 rated for penalties.

I've tested this during ML, and also by forcing friendly matches into draws and then playing the penalty shoot out.
I played 4 friendlies that ended in penalties, out of the 20 penalties taken, the AI GK saved 17 of them, no matter where i aimed.

This is a ridiculous ratio and makes winning a penalty less of an advantage than winning a corner.

Just for info, play on PC, vanilla game play, no mods.

Any one else experience this?
I experienced the same issue on FIFA 20 (I know it's not the same game) and it could be the same issue.
If you aim for a corner or wherever you aim,the GK think/reads that you're going for that spot.
What i do and I always score (except too high or wide) is aim for one spot,then push the shoot button and change corner before hitting the ball.
If you can do that on pes that is (don't play anymore)

I experienced the same issue on FIFA 20 (I know it's not the same game) and it could be the same issue.
If you aim for a corner or wherever you aim,the GK think/reads that you're going for that spot.
What i do and I always score (except too high or wide) is aim for one spot,then push the shoot button and change corner before hitting the ball.
Oh yes doing like you did was pretty common in FIFA (not only 20).
There was a temmate of mine that used to save almost every penalty in FIFA 18 ProClubs (even telling us, during the run up, where the striker would place the ball). Once asked how he managed to do that, he said "look at the movements of the player, look at his head. It's clear where he's going to aim".
I mean, if a human being, slightly trained, could consistently predict the outcome by looking at how the penalty taker moves, it's even more clear to the AI which even knows the player's inputs. It doesn't even have to guess! šŸ˜
(by the way, even if a bit unrelated, a similar thing has been told to me about Virtua Striker 2: some guys I used to play against at the arcades used to swing the stick from left to right, back and forth, during the run up because "otherwise the AI will know where I'm kicking").

Oh yes doing like you did was pretty common in FIFA (not only 20).
There was a temmate of mine that used to save almost every penalty in FIFA 18 ProClubs (even telling us, during the run up, where the striker would place the ball). Once asked how he managed to do that, he said "look at the movements of the player, look at his head. It's clear where he's going to aim".
I mean, if a human being, slightly trained, could consistently predict the outcome by looking at how the penalty taker moves, it's even more clear to the AI which even knows the player's inputs. It doesn't even have to guess! šŸ˜
(by the way, even if a bit unrelated, a similar thing has been told to me about Virtua Striker 2: some guys I used to play against at the arcades used to swing the stick from left to right, back and forth, during the run up because "otherwise the AI will know where I'm kicking").
Pretty cool feature,the GK being more human and being able to read were to go,instead of pre set pattern

You cant do that on PES mate, you aim where you wanna place the penalty, set power, and then its locked you cant change direction after that.

Welcome to the script is yours. :D

Did you try a gameplay mod? I would. I can recommend gp mods from @incas36 or @Holland
yes mate, i've tried a few of hollands, the 2cents GP mod, Josticke's, all are good in their own right, but always introduce more problems, such as player collisions, weird and funky own goals, players not being aware of loose balls etc, so 've reverted back to vanilla DP6 game play.

You cant do that on PES mate, you aim where you wanna place the penalty, set power, and then its locked you cant change direction after that.
Aah,bummer!
That's Pes I guess,no pens,and when you get one ,your locked to aim at one place

Back
Top Bottom