Resident Evil 3 REMAKE

Anyone who wants this for PC.

I bought this from overclockers, only just got dispatched though.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...ming-mouse-pad-900-x-400-x-2mm-gs-00c-as.html

£29.99

But you get a free copy of Resident Evil 3.

So sell mat when arrives and you should get Resi 3 for about £15.

ASUS ROG Scabbard Extra-Large Anti-fray Slip-free Spill-resistant Gaming Mouse Pad (900 x 400 x 2mm)
GS-00C-AS
£24.99
£24.99

FREE WITH GS-00C-AS: *Asus Promo* Resident Evil 3 Free with Selected Asus Products 16FFA-1C434
XX-035-AS
FOR FREE!
FOR FREE!

Order date:
Order number:
Delivery method:

10 Apr 2020 22:42:00
OC3750388
Royal Mail 2nd Class

Delivery costs
Total order value
£2.28
£32.27

Order detail prices exclude VAT. Order totals include VAT where paid. To amend/cancel your order or

So finally got round to playing it this afternoon.

The game itself isn't as good as Resident Evil 2 Remake, and the Nemesis is borderline on the annoying side.
But overall if you enjoyed the Resident Evil 2 Remake then you will enjoy this, it is pretty much more of the same thing.

However I completed the whole game in one afternoon sitting, I have not done that in a very long time.
Took me a whole massive 4 hours to complete it start to finish, with an ingame time of 3 hours 7 according to the stats at the end.

If you are on the fence I would certainly wait as being only 4 hours long and having pretty much zero replay value due to their being no means to explore and the game being incredibly linear, I would wait till it is around £20.

----------------------

I know the above is only really talking about the negatives, I did enjoy it and would recommend it.

You will enjoy it..
Just don't be disappointed it is only 4-5 hours long.

It would be kinda stupid after i played a big advisor of short games in some topics around here. :D I actually fancy that if the price is fair.
Im just worried of the pipe feeling, the difference between Nemesis compared to Mr X/original Nemesis(the new ones as i know its very scripted), the more action less exploration, puzzles orientation. But even these arent gamebreakers just suggest a different kind of game, which still can be pulled of well.
It was 30 pounds-ish on PS4 so well see.

You will enjoy it..
Just don't be disappointed it is only 4-5 hours long.

Well the length was 9hours,33mins....the clear time (i guess without cutscenes) is 7hours. Which i dont mind at all.

- Length i was ok with
- Characters were a great improvement over the original. Carlos is one of the best RE characters for me currently! Jill's and Carlos chemistry is off the chart, "almost" on Naughty Dog level, voicactors did a great job.
- Story even better that the first one with a more flushed out characters and the facial animations are amazing
- Graphics are still great and somewhere improved...however i got this low fps animation from enemies in the far distance (wtf), also dead enemies disappearing now, you cant shot off limbs anymore they just splash unlike in RE2R. I guess the current gen's memory couldnt handle the RE engine's demand.
- Map design...well um....yes you get these a bit bigger isolated places where you can discover RE style but (its one or two) but the rest of the game at least half its just on rails run and gun, a very modernized version. Which is good but its not really RE for me.
- Locations...yes there is some cut content compared to the original but still there are many many locations you get to visit so its hard to get bored by anything because you already in another place or with a new character.
- Puzzles...there was like one or two...and i believe the second was like just to collect some stuff. Nothing like even RE2 Remake at all. A big Resident Evil element is absent from the game...
- Enemies almost everything is there from the original but ...again here is also some cut stuff again...on the other hand there are two new enemies or completely redesigned enemies at least.
- Nemesis....yes its starts off great...but after the first "chapter" he is gone and only comes back for boss fights ...there is no chasing like X did or anything. Here was an opportunity given with a whole city to make the police station stalking into a city wide stalking. Missed opportunity.

I played it on Hardcore to at least be scares with the resources and also with the given dodge mechanic in this one i thought i have an advantage already...and damn even on Hardcore the game is a cheap kill fest. Sometimes some shots take damage, sometimes they dont....some times you can dodge in certain situation sometimes you dont...and yes there are some instant deaths just because (basically whenever you see autosave prepare to die at least 5 times on harder difficulties). And i think there is Nightmare and Inferno which are a clusterfuck cheatfests, you have to dodge everyhting perfectly and some boss battles last like 30 mins.

To be honest the game feels rushed or if the source material and the fans/demand were not well understood. In alll aspects the game is exactly like this mixed, it gives you something very good but it takes away many things in the same time. Its a fine game but its not on the level of RE2 Remake at all...which also had some aspects removed compared to the original (the way the two playthrough can influence eachother for example).
I wouldnt even recommend it on the current price in the PS store...under 30 bucks it worth a go.

Will be a definite purchase next year.

Resident Evil 2 was the best game I played this year + I never actually played Resident Evil 3 first time around.

There is an original RE3 HD version available on PC. It worth a go as its a different experience altogether compared to the Remake.
https://www.reshdp.com/re3/

Last edited:
There is an original RE3 HD version available on PC. It worth a go as its a different experience altogether compared to the Remake.
https://www.reshdp.com/re3/

TBH, I tried replaying RE2 before that was released.
And even the Gamecube remake of Resident Evil 1.

The gameplay with the camera angles were just not great so turned it off - The original RE2 in my memory is the best in the series, and I didn't want my great memories of the game tarnished.

The gameplay with the camera angles were just not great so turned it off - The original RE2 in my memory is the best in the series, and I didn't want my great memories of the game tarnished.

Understandable. Tried to avoid spoilers so i have only checked out the spoiler free reviews so now im on a binge to see whats people thinking about it.
Its a bit long but this review explains the comparison and the areas where RE3R is lacking perfectly.

Original downtown map vs remake downtown map

otgam9h6qms41.jpg

Back
Top Bottom