Recreating Barca and Spain football ( Barca 16 + Spain 20 passes with goals )

jcbwfc

Non-League
5 February 2009
This is how i play pes , i never dribble and when i play well i see results like this :)

I know it's Barca and Spain , but i don't play like most do and whore the speed players , it's just pass after pass . And these are the best passing teams in the world.

1st goal - Barca v Liverpool - 16 passes with Gudjohnson goal

2nd goal - Spain v Italy - 20 passes [starting from keeper] with Fabregas goal after Villa hit the post with R2 curler

Both on Top player . Hope you like guys.

YouTube - FC Barcelona + Spain quick 1 touch passing goals [BAR 16 SPA 20] PES 2010

is their a particular way you set your team up to play?ie formation or instructions?

is their a particular way you set your team up to play?ie formation or instructions?

I have my own formation that i have edited myself , iv'e had to tweek it a lot though as i used to have the problem[and still do sometimes] were players stay behind there marker so a pass gets intercepted.

I don't like players making forward runs when i want the players to come close together and towards the ball for quick passing 1'2s triangles etc , I have a formation of 2cb's 2wb's 2dmf's 1cm 2ss and 1cf .

Hard to explain really lol

Thats exactly how I play PES. I rarely use speedy players, I prefer to pass my way through a team. Not as much as in the video where you're presented with an open goal at the end but I pass around like that until my striker is through on goal and then I hope I have enough time and space to get it past the keeper.
Its got nothing to do with formations or whatever. Its just a style of playing. I dont know how jcbwfc does it but I personally make good and accurate use of "one two's" and the "touch and go" where you pass and then make a forward run. The only downside of this is that the further into your build up, the more out of position your players get and one interception would leave you open for a horrible counter attack.
Maybe jcbwfc is good at defending, I dunno. But whenever I string passes like that together, I tend to score a few but also conceed a lot as well.

RuneEdge . I don't score as much as i used to do with this style of play but i enjoy playing this way the most.

After a 10 minute game i get about average 280 passes , it's hard to make everyone correct , so sometimes if you have a good move going that includes your wing backs/fullbacks and you lose the ball in an advanced posistion , it can lead to a counter attack [2cb's v 3 attackers] . The players on pes for me are a little lazy and dont get back as quickly as you hope.

Back heels, flicks 1'2s triangles is what i like doing , if i don;t score many i dont mind as long as iv'e played well , i play legends mode a lot so to get big combo's you need to be 1 touch , so i try and practise alot so i don't suck at that game mode lol.

I am a big admirer of Xavi and iniesta and there little 1'2s they do just made me want to play like them , it's a lot more rewarding than seeing someone run with the ball imo.

RuneEdge . I don't score as much as i used to do with this style of play but i enjoy playing this way the most.

After a 10 minute game i get about average 280 passes , it's hard to make everyone correct , so sometimes if you have a good move going that includes your wing backs/fullbacks and you lose the ball in an advanced posistion , it can lead to a counter attack [2cb's v 3 attackers] . The players on pes for me are a little lazy and dont get back as quickly as you hope.

Back heels, flicks 1'2s triangles is what i like doing , if i don;t score many i dont mind as long as iv'e played well , i play legends mode a lot so to get big combo's you need to be 1 touch , so i try and practise alot so i don't suck at that game mode lol.

I am a big admirer of Xavi and iniesta and there little 1'2s they do just made me want to play like them , it's a lot more rewarding than seeing someone run with the ball imo.

I totally agree. It feels like more of an art to be able to do that than just passing to Etoo or Messi and then running past the team.
And yeah, the back tracking in PES is very bad. The AI for off ball movement really needs to improve. The only thing you could do is make sure you always keep one defensive midfielder behind with your center backs and not have your defensive line playing too far up the pitch. But even then the AI ruins everything for you.

How unrealistic does that look though. Way too fast.

Why does it matter? Its a video game. If I wanted realism then I'd put on my shorts and go down to the park to play football.
Thats like me saying the enemy didnt scream loud enough when I shot him in COD4.
This is why I've always played PES over FIFA because FIFA went for realism, which is fine if thats what you're after.
I just want to kill some time playing a fun game and PES does that job for me.

Why does it matter? Its a video game. If I wanted realism then I'd put on my shorts and go down to the park to play football.
Thats like me saying the enemy didnt scream loud enough when I shot him in COD4.
This is why I've always played PES over FIFA because FIFA went for realism, which is fine if thats what you're after.
I just want to kill some time playing a fun game and PES does that job for me.

I'm not fan of FIFA, but the way the balls travels like a ping pong ball around, and the way the players are able to make 50 yard one touch passes, meh, not for me. I like to play one touch as well, but it's got to be done realistically, given the game is a football sim.

Just my opinion though.

A great way of playing, maximizing the amazing teamwork of Barcelona and Spain. I don't think it's so unrealistic that's how Barcelona/Spain plays in real life. If you guys think it looks like pinball just go to youtube and search for 'teamwork goals'. Real life goals. :YAWN:

Btw, are you using the default stats for players ?

The ball sent by Messi shouldn't reach Iniesta (0:24) because the defender was close enough to intercept it (he abnormally slowed down)but the essential is to have fun, it's just a video game after all and some people have a lot of trouble to realize this.

Last edited:
A great way of playing, maximizing the amazing teamwork of Barcelona and Spain. I don't think it's so unrealistic that's how Barcelona/Spain plays in real life. If you guys think it looks like pinball just go to youtube and search for 'teamwork goals'. Real life goals. :YAWN:

Btw, are you using the default stats for players ?

The ball sent by Messi shouldn't reach Iniesta (0:24) because the defender was close enough to intercept it (he abnormally slowed down)but the essential is to have fun, it's just a video game after all and some people have a lot of trouble to realize this.

Yea the only things i change are boots . No editing unless theve changed with the option file i use. i dunno .

My recorder messed up with the spain goal so i had to cut the commentary and slow it down , as it was out of sync and double speed :CONFUSE:

How is it unreaslistic ? Barca and Spain play quick passing.

Honestly the passing is nice but there is something completely wrong about the defending which makes this video totaly unrealistic.The style is close to what Barca do in matches but seriously it's way too ping pong.
On PES if you wanna score plenty of goals, a good like it was showed but using a lot of one-two's but you do notice that real football isn't close that

Shhh...we're not allowed to talk about how realistic this video makes FIFA look, in comparison. :SHHH:

Barca and Spain , play the best football imo , and this is probly the closest i'll get to trying to play like them.

Maybe not exactly realistic , it is only a computer game, the style of play is pretty much the same though.

As for the 50 yard passes , i dont always do that , but if i see the wing back free then ill try a couple from one side to the other , which then creates more space . Cuts out the 2cb's and quickens the play up.

I don't like those goals. I appreciate the spirit (passing game over speeding Messi up), but it doesn't feel realistic in execution, thus invalidating the whole "recreating Barca's teamplay" thing. That's just pinballing, I like to pass around in a more realistic manner.

I watch barcelona evey week, and that just doesn't recreate at all the spirit of football nor the way they play. Barcelona plays way slower than that, it's the positions and final movements that create spaces. But the passing rate is not that ultra-fast. I agree this video illustrates a lot of the PES faults nowadays.

There's something that looks horrible and is the way all the players can make perfect passes even if they are pressured, unbalanced, wrong footed or simply badly positioned. Some of those passes are even done without the players making any force with their foot.

A good footbal game should take into consideration those things to prevent pinballing issues. Fifa in semi or manual tries to recreate this but it's still far. PES doesn't even try to do it, what makes it feel like an old-gen still. Passing needs to be rewrited from scratch.

I assume you guys are football fans, so how can you enjoy playing a game that barely resembles football?

Cant believe some of you are hating on the goals , i can vary my passing but this was 1 touch football , Why have a touch then pass when 1 touch is available?

I play legends mode a lot , to get big combo's you need to do quick passing. Im not being big headed but i think the way i play is the closest you can get to the beautiful game on pes. And the closest to spain and Barca's football , it aint my fault the game speed doesn't exactly resemble real life football

It isnt just a simple tap of pass or through pass , its direction and weight aswell.

Don't worry, it's not your fault the game is broken.
I have to admit I laughed out loud at how fake it looked, but at least you are trying to recreate the beautiful game :)

Cant believe some of you are hating on the goals , i can vary my passing but this was 1 touch football , Why have a touch then pass when 1 touch is available?

I play legends mode a lot , to get big combo's you need to do quick passing. Im not being big headed but i think the way i play is the closest you can get to the beautiful game on pes. And the closest to spain and Barca's football , it aint my fault the game speed doesn't exactly resemble real life football

It isnt just a simple tap of pass or through pass , its direction and weight aswell.

Buddy, we know you're good at footy, no one's denying that on this thread. What we're saying is just what I've bolded for you: PES needs to be taken in a new direction so that you can continue playing the beautiful footy you clearly know how to play but with a more realistic look (NO PING PONG). Sure I know a quick mind like yours can make one touch moves so brilliantly, you play on the forward side of the pitch, I assume. I'm sure your vision is just as good as Cesc's, Xabi's, Zinedine's, or Xavi's (you know what I'm getting at), but some people from what I've seen like a slower paced game based on the "cult" status of WE9LE and its family of similar looking cousins. And based on what I've gathered about various PES and FIFA fanatics, some like to play footy at the slow pace that resembles what we see on TV; that's what we've grown up watching and that's what we're going to continue seeing as long as the modern game stays the way it is. Maybe when biomedical engineering gives all superhuman athleticism will we see this style of footy games return, but who the hell cares about that? We'd just be playing real footy! Ignore that last part, just my shroomy ravings.

You guys see how FIFA 09 tried this style and you try to play like that in PES but it just doesn't work the same way because PES was brilliant for players like jcbwfc.

Just my $.02.

Last edited:
Why does every thread have to turn into a FIFA vs PES thread?
Whether you think its realistic or not has nothing to do with the point of this topic.

The fact is IT IS a simple tap of the button almost because4 PES plays unreal scripted passing and requires very little from the gamer, I mean, every player can pass almost perfect 1 time touches in this game given some tactical tweaks.

Now, I know it's not a Fifa vs PEs thread, but I think you would really enjoy a lot playing Fifa all manual, where power and direction are ACTUALLY done by you in its entirety. It's possible to play like that, only slower, but it will take you some time (even weeks) to begin mastering the game and doing nice and REALISTIC plays, even with all its faults and flaws.

I think this video shows the difference between different control methods. I wish konami makes the game more deep in controls.

Drek, you know better than I do that PES gameplay, in its current incarnations at the very least, will never allow the kind of play that you hope to achieve in this generation of footy games. Actually, I don't think FIFA will do it properly if FIFA 09 were any indication, but I've got different feelings about the freedom with the ball FIFA10 is going to bring to the table AT THE VERY LEAST. I've been reading all of your input man, I appreciate your knowledge on the mechanics of footy games, and up to this point I'm still undecided on whether it's an issue of breaking the workings of PES and its fundamental layers (physics, collisions) or if it's a lack of innovation on the Japanese end because PES just works and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude doesn't help. But based on PES6-2009, I think it's an issue of the latter considering the quality of game development these days (including a proper physics and collision system is a hallmark of any proper simulation-type game, but that's not PES is it ;-) ).

Don't be such a drama queen, you should know that most criticism wasn't directed at the goals you scored but at the huge flaws present in PES2009.
At least that's what I was personnally focusing on

Don't be such a drama queen, you should know that most criticism wasn't directed at the goals you scored but at the huge flaws present in PES2009.
At least that's what I was personnally focusing on

Sorry lol . I just like playing like this , and i think i play a game i really enjoy ( apart from it's annoying bits like keepers)in a good way.

Back
Top Bottom