Questions for the developers?

Mart

Executive Janitor
Staff
28 February 2002
NYC
Darlington FC
There's a community day taking place this week at Konami HQ. While we won't be attending personally we do have the opportunity to ask any specific questions we may have for the developers.

So, what do you think we should ask? I'll try and collate the questions here and pass them on.

Thx Mart.. my question for devs (not for Jon Murphy) are :

1. Have you ever look into evo-web's editing forum ?

2. What is the reason for blur widecam quality in PES 2012 (PC version) ? is it still in 2013 ? because if frame-rate issues is a problem, then don't we have graphic detail setting to compensate ?

3. Why can't we have different pitch pattern for default stadium ?

4. Are we going to see better night match lighting in PES 2013 ? since default night lighting in 2011 and 2012 are rather poor compared to previous version

5. Why is it so hard to change GK animations in terms of quality, more realistic movement. There is still some odd moves from PES 2011 and 2012 when seeing e3 trailer. PES 6 even has better one on one animation and reaction.

Have a great time :BYE:

Condition Arrows having some reason to be so, or removed. Possiblity to simulate any match, anywhere. Stamina must be adressed fast! It spoils the online experience, because users press constantly the whole game, every game. Different lobbies online, and real format competitions. Better stats for lesser teams! Be mature about it Konami. It is time to nail this thing. Extensive tutorial, explaining your vision about how to cope with everything the package has to offer,and why is it there. Time to make sense!

Why not? FIFA has it and frankly I love it.

FIFA doesn't have it. They had a nice idea of walk/jog on left stick, but also have analogue sprint under triggers now.

I like it, but on FIFA 12 players feel like tanks. Heavy like John Carragher :lol:

Tbf FIFA 11 on PC was the best FIFA I played so far... But we shall see what both PES and FIFA deliver this year.

As for one question to KONAMI devs: Will we ever be able to see body feints/quick dribbling on left stick while having right stick for advanced tricks not everyone can do?

Why not? FIFA has it and frankly I love it.

FIFA doesn't have it at all. Not even close. It has analogue movement up to the point of jogging, but you have to press R2 to sprint. There's a world of difference.

Not having a sprint button would make jogging a hell of a lot less accurate and fiddly, and pulling off tight movements with or without the ball would be an utterly horrific experience. It's all very well having analogue movement in most genres because you don't have to be particularly precise with your movement or timing. But having to move from 50% pressed right, then 50% up, then 50% right all in a fraction of a second, without overpressing and initiating a heavier touch, would be extremely fiddly to achieve and feel very vague in practice. Now having to do the same for slight diagonals, all without ever actually touching the outermost points of the analogue stick to give you a reference point? Infinitely worse. Having every movement speed from standing still to full sprint all mapped solely to the left stick would see even minor differences in stick movement result in significant errors on the pitch, with people constantly over or undershooting, and not much actual football taking place. It'd be an absolute joke.

Finally, if you think people sprint too much now, wait until somebody puts something like this in and 80% of users don't actually feather the left stick.

If any button needs to be gotten rid of it's the through ball button. There's no need for it now that we have manual passing. Imagine how much better online would be if players had to skillfully aim their throughballs instead of just mashing one button constantly. Please ask what Konami thinks about this.

When a pass is made, players in defending position walk away from the receiver, and then engage. Is it something required by game design to allow attacking options, or a flaw they are trying to adress?

Make the form arrows realistic in the ML and the league: clubs who are on a bad run have low form arrows, players or clubs that are on a roll have good arrows. Do the same for the opposition teams.

The possibility to change clubs in the ML (hunderds of people are asking this).

Better GK's

Better shooting (horrible in PES2012).

A stat for players with a temper: i want Balotelli-esque red cards for players with a temper (Joey Barton).

Stats about the way people conduct under pressure: big match players versus Arjen Robben-like chokers.

More realistic transfers in the ML, Xavi not going to Stoke City unless he is 36 (and then maybe Swansea but not Stoke).

Oh, it had to be questions? Well , "why isn't it possible" or "is it possible" or "How are you going".

And a genuinely question: why tinker so much with the core gameplay between the demo and the retail version?

Thanks Mart, even if these are not the best questions.

Thx Mart.. my question for devs (not for Jon Murphy) are :

1. Have you ever look into evo-web's editing forum ?

2. What is the reason for blur widecam quality in PES 2012 (PC version) ? is it still in 2013 ? because if frame-rate issues is a problem, then don't we have graphic detail setting to compensate ?

3. Why can't we have different pitch pattern for default stadium ?

4. Are we going to see better night match lighting in PES 2013 ? since default night lighting in 2011 and 2012 are rather poor compared to previous version

5. Why is it so hard to change GK animations in terms of quality, more realistic movement. There is still some odd moves from PES 2011 and 2012 when seeing e3 trailer. PES 6 even has better one on one animation and reaction.

Have a great time :BYE:

Yes, why, why, why? :JAY:

Ask them to look Ukraine v Sweden playing now and ask them why the turf in pes at night looks awful compared to what real night games do. It makes you feel shit when the game loads and it's somewhere like the olympico in the rain at night

Also ask them to add sliders for player response, dribbling, aggression and shooting so that people could get the game how they want

My question to Konami is very old.. and really want to get an answer from them.

Are they know that the online co-op mode is most Important part of gaming today and especially for sports games ?
Аre they planning to develop ,finally, Co-op modes like 5 vs 5 or 10 vs 10 or online Co-op Master League, like 2 vs CPU or 5 vs CPU etc ?

Last edited:
Two questions here:

1.- Will ever be a real stamina system?

2.- Will we ever have proper full manual goalkeeper controls?

Will they ever return to the most popular player switching system which was used on pes4/5/6. That was manual switching until the ball was received by one of your players.

I hate this semi switching and as manual isn't even available online it would be nice to have it back.

Everyone is focusing on the game play etc. I just want to know what new or improved features are included for the FL game modes?!

Really open up the manual passing and tone down the AI assistance that crept back into the game after the 1.06 update.

Will more control be allowed over definsive oposition and mentality for defending?

Actually I don't mind that option about through balls. I hit a wonderful through ball with just a manual pass the other day. What I'd like to know is why can't they give us a customisable camera!

1 - Do they have plans to put sliders in PES 2013?

2 - When we will have custom cameras?

3 - How they sleep at night?

Did they ever attempt to create a first person camera for BAL? Would that be possible?

Last edited:
If you go there, please ask them or propose them to give us more choices in modifying our controllers. For example they give us manual shoot and passes but only by pressing the L2 (PS3 Controller) button and the shot/pass.

Moreover the game is too strict in some other aspects like the player switching system which gives you the limit to change 2-3 players only.

And...tell them to give us the feature in assisted shoots to choose the direction we want (like in old pes). No more random direction. It is so annoying...

human minds have en endemic tendency to oppose change, as correctly stated by Jung... How can you possibly disregard something you haven't even try is indeed pretty amsusing. You are establishing some wrong theoretical hypothesis and dismissing them on a biased personal base. pretty weak.
Ha! Yep, I'm biased against this idea. Sprint button fanboy, me.

I can disregard something I haven't tried if it only takes a small amount of thought to realise how poorly it'd work. Certainly it requires far less thought or imagination than it takes to think the quote above is a valid counterargument, rather than, say, suggesting why my examples might be wrong. But no, quoting Jung rather than coming up with an actual response! My my. Surprised you didn't sign off with #helmet.

I'm all for change - I've been sending feedback direct to EA developers for 3 years and am going to Konami HQ tomorrow to do the same for PES. But if we went around trying everything that clearly wouldn't work, we'd have no time or resource available to try things that might or will work.

Last edited:

I can disregard something I haven't tried if it only takes a small amount of thought to realise how poorly it'd work. Certainly it requires far less thought or imagination than it takes to think the quote above is a valid counterargument, rather than, say, suggesting why my examples might be wrong. But no, quoting Jung rather than coming up with an actual response! My my. Surprised you didn't sign off with #helmet.

I'm all for change - I've been sending feedback direct to EA developers for 3 years and am going to Konami HQ tomorrow to do the same for PES. But if we went around trying everything that clearly wouldn't work, we'd have no time or resource available to try things that might or will work.

aaah.. so someone from evo is also going for playtest. Rom, would you have a look at cpu ai attacking play. It's been that too direct play, one dimensional forward, in a hurry, quite repetitive quick pass and direct shot in 2012 (especially in front of box). We need variety cpu ai build up for offline master league to be more challenging and less monotonous e.g dribbling around, passing around, possesion, long ball, counter attacking etc. Thx man.. oh and night match lighting too, it is poor in 2012 :))

Last edited:

Cool !! Say hello from me ;)

Tell them to bring back proper rain that you can actually see, looks ridiculous when you can't see the rain but can see it on cutscenes, we need more cinematics too, such as physio's coming on the pitch to treat injured players and stretching them off etc :P

Also, can they allow more than 18 teams in Division 2 in Master League, I want to be able to put more than 18 teams in there, up to 24 would be good :P

Last edited:
Cool !! Say hello from me ;)

Will do... It's only very short, sadly, so I'm not sure how many questions I'd be able to answer by the end of it. But I'll do my best. I've not played too much single player 2012 - I'm aware of the bus parking and counter-attacking Speedster mentioned, and some of the silly formations, but if there are any other known problems with PES 2012's single player that I wouldn't see online then tell me now. I won't be playing any Football Life either so no questions about that.

Oh, and ask me about boots/faces. Go on, I dare you. See what happens.

Back
Top Bottom