PS5 Madden NFL 21 Next Gen Videos

Hope you like it.
Thanks. Iā€™ll give feedback later that weekend.

i like the sport and the playbook plus routes on the field help a lot to understand some tactics.
same with NBA, where I rely on those instructions as both sports are not familiar to me as ā€œsoccerā€ is!

imagine those arrows and marks on the ground when playing FIFA or PES! feels weird to me. Iā€™d like to know now the following. how does a person, that fully understands tactics in american football, watch or play a european soccer match without those aids (nor having a clue about tactics)? So the opposite of me, basically. :LOL:

Thanks. Iā€™ll give feedback later that weekend.

i like the sport and the playbook plus routes on the field help a lot to understand some tactics.
same with NBA, where I rely on those instructions as both sports are not familiar to me as ā€œsoccerā€ is!

imagine those arrows and marks on the ground when playing FIFA or PES! feels weird to me. Iā€™d like to know now the following. how does a person, that fully understands tactics in american football, watch or play a european soccer match without those aids (nor having a clue about tactics)? So the opposite of me, basically. :LOL:
For me I've been watching "soccer" sine 1994 when the world cup was in the USA. So I at least think I know soccer as well as I do American Football.

My only connection about this football/rugby and its rules, is the movie "The Longest Yard" :P
Never understood why it is called football, to be honest. :D

I am an old Dolphins fan so very welcome video, I am waiting for Madden 22 for pc in the meantime I am playing with college football 14 revamped
wasnt that Marino and the Dolphins?!
every time I hear ā€œDolphinsā€ I have that one thought in my head. Someone is making a joke including or about the Dolphins! Think ā€œthe naked gunā€ movies here! :LOL:
Donā€™t get me wrong, itā€™s a positive thought that always makes me smile and remember my childhood years.:YES:

Had a couple of games yesterday in 20 to get a feel and compare to this one.
They seemed pretty much very similar, but again I don't play '20 much to give a good comparison, of the games I played I enjoyed M21:

- is it easier?? I won my games (in my '20 first game, the first play of my first 3 drives were: int on the first pass, lost fumble, int on first pass)
- Updated Rosters ----> Josh Allen + Stefon Diggs šŸ„°
- played M21 with a PS4 controller so passing was much easier as I still haven't gotten used to the XBOX controller layout

I need to dig in deeper to see what is different but both games are still fun seems I'm better in offense in 21, prob doesn't warrant a $30 purchase as I dont think ill play a season, but for now gamepass M20 will do

Edit: I'm a moron just found roster share option so I'll stick with M20. can't complete a pass to save my life

Last edited:
Mmmm I keep liking when I play M21 with the free trial. I dont know what version Im playing as I tried it in Stadia which seems to be more of a PS4/XB1 port. But Im still liking it. Seems there was a patch to address the secondary which was a big problem on release...

Madden 20 was released on EA Play on Jan 30th last year, so now I'm wondering when they'll release this one on GPU if they just put it for sale and free weekend (hopefully right after Superbowl)... Would like to see if there is a big difference in Next-gen to try in my XSS.

Mmmm I keep liking when I play M21 with the free trial. I dont know what version Im playing as I tried it in Stadia which seems to be more of a PS4/XB1 port. But Im still liking it. Seems there was a patch to address the secondary which was a big problem on release...

Madden 20 was released on EA Play on Jan 30th last year, so now I'm wondering when they'll release this one on GPU if they just put it for sale and free weekend (hopefully right after Superbowl)... Would like to see if there is a big difference in Next-gen to try in my XSS.
There is definitely a difference in player momentum and weight which ties into everything well.

There is definitely a difference in player momentum and weight which ties into everything well.

Yea seems like as in fifa there are some small tweaks that make a difference in the game in NG consoles... I'll gold on to this until it comes out in gamepass, thanks and keep the videos coming. Hadnt played a football game prob since ncaa 14 so its nice to play some exhibition while the nfl season is almost ending

Edit : you use any sliders? My defense vs the pass is just atrocious. Might have to up that slider.

Yea seems like as in fifa there are some small tweaks that make a difference in the game in NG consoles... I'll gold on to this until it comes out in gamepass, thanks and keep the videos coming. Hadnt played a football game prob since ncaa 14 so its nice to play some exhibition while the nfl season is almost ending

Edit : you use any sliders? My defense vs the pass is just atrocious. Might have to up that slider.
I will keep the videos coming. These are the sliders I use.
https://forums.operationsports.com/...sliders/975028-matt10s-madden-21-sliders.html

Genuine question guys: I have not played any Madden since M25 and I want to finally move on from the brilliant NCAA 14 and play some Madden. I don't have EA Play yet because I just hate everything about this company. I'm not touching any FIFA for obvious reasons (I love football and PES). Is it worth it a month of EA Play just for Madden 20 and Jedi Fallen Order (I haven't played this one yet)? Or recent Madden games are big disappointments?

Genuine question guys: I have not played any Madden since M25 and I want to finally move on from the brilliant NCAA 14 and play some Madden. I don't have EA Play yet because I just hate everything about this company. I'm not touching any FIFA for obvious reasons (I love football and PES). Is it worth it a month of EA Play just for Madden 20 and Jedi Fallen Order (I haven't played this one yet)? Or recent Madden games are big disappointments?

Get gamepass ultimate for $1 if you have an xbox to try it out. If you are a new subscriber to ea play on another plataform it costs 1$ too.
As for an improvement over M25 I dont think it has changed much, same thing as other sports games including pes. The good thing about ea play is you get so many games regardless of what you think about the company its a great deal.
For $1 or worst case 4.99 I'd say go for it. You can try Madden 20 and theres a good chance M21 will be added in the coming 30 days.

Get gamepass ultimate for $1 if you have an xbox to try it out. If you are a new subscriber to ea play on another plataform it costs 1$ too.
As for an improvement over M25 I dont think it has changed much, same thing as other sports games including pes. The good thing about ea play is you get so many games regardless of what you think about the company its a great deal.
For $1 or worst case 4.99 I'd say go for it. You can try Madden 20 and theres a good chance M21 will be added in the coming 30 days.
I have a PS4 and a PC which I use exclusively for strategy, turn based and modded games. So if I get EA Play will be on PS4, my PC will probably struggle with Madden. I'm a quite casual American football gamer, this means I rarely spot some of the flaws and shortcomings of Madden. I just pick a good slider set from OS that "fixes" some AI problems and that's it. I know I can't expect the MLB The Show quality which is my favourite game on PS4.

I have a PS4 and a PC which I use exclusively for strategy, turn based and modded games. So if I get EA Play will be on PS4, my PC will probably struggle with Madden. I'm a quite casual American football gamer, this means I rarely spot some of the flaws and shortcomings of Madden. I just pick a good slider set from OS that "fixes" some AI problems and that's it. I know I can't expect the MLB The Show quality which is my favourite game on PS4.

I am also a casual Madden player (also, I suck at it), but Im finding it enjoyable... whats the worst case? you get to play the Jedi Order and Madden 20/21 for 5 dollars. Dont expect a completely new game vs Madden 25. Same as fifa and PES, these sports games havent really evolved in the past years.

I am also a casual Madden player (also, I suck at it), but Im finding it enjoyable... whats the worst case? you get to play the Jedi Order and Madden 20/21 for 5 dollars. Dont expect a completely new game vs Madden 25. Same as fifa and PES, these sports games havent really evolved in the past years.
Got 1 month for Ā£0.79! I guess it was an offer on PS4 only? Got it from PS store but for some reason EA hub doesn't recognize the subscription . I have access to the free EA games through PS store though. Downloaded M20.

just to give you guys some feedback...
i was able to test the PS4 version of Madden21 last weekend and i wasnt too much surprised. i wish they had offered the PS5 version... (but then i would surely be seduced by the graphics)!
it played like Madden, it looked like Madden... but nothing really got me spending 30 bucks on it. i havent played american football on consoles for some month now so it was nice to do it again. but as i said, the spark did not light the flame for me!

i was able to test the PS4 version of Madden21 last weekend and i wasnt too much surprised. i wish they had offered the PS5 version... (but then i would surely be seduced by the graphics)!
it played like Madden, it looked like Madden... but nothing really got me spending 30 bucks on it. i havent played american football on consoles for some month now so it was nice to do it again. but as i said, the spark did not light the flame for me!
Played some M20 and it was alright tbh after staying away from Madden for several years. I still suck at coverage D though. I wish there was an option to have full cpu assisted D and just do manually the offense. šŸ˜¬

it played like Madden, it looked like Madden...

Didn't they offer the free trial with the next gen versions? I think THINK, you were able to download the ng port.

At the end of the day it will stilll play like madden and the improvement in graphics isn't so big although some people prefer the slower gameplay

Played some M20 and it was alright tbh after staying away from Madden for several years. I still suck at coverage D though. I wish there was an option to have full cpu assisted D and just do manually the offense. šŸ˜¬

I can't for the life of me defend. Every slant pass thru the middle is a first down for the AI. No matter how I try to defend it. It's frustrating to the point I sometimes just supersim the defense. But I gotta learn. I mean I'm getting burned in pro level

Didn't they offer the free trial with the next gen versions? I think THINK, you were able to download the ng port.

At the end of the day it will stilll play like madden and the improvement in graphics isn't so big although some people prefer the slower gameplay

I can't for the life of me defend. Every slant pass thru the middle is a first down for the AI. No matter how I try to defend it. It's frustrating to the point I sometimes just supersim the defense. But I gotta learn. I mean I'm getting burned in pro level
nope!
a lot of users noticed this, so i'm not alone.
anyway... as you said, it will play nearly the same... but i thought the ng version had different stats that make the gp look and/or feel different.

nope!
a lot of users noticed this, so i'm not alone.
anyway... as you said, it will play nearly the same... but i thought the ng version had different stats that make the gp look and/or feel different.

Thats really weird, I am sure when I saw madden on the F2P weekend in my console it said optimized for next gen. This was xbox so dont know about PS5.
Same as in fifa 21, a few improvements apparently, but if you dont like last gen you prob wont like this gen. Im a very casual player so Ill just wait for it to hit the EA vault. You know how sports games are, they release a game and its the exact same game for around 6-7 years

I have the same problem in defense and playing at All-Pro. I might have to read some guides again about adjusting your D according to cpu offensive plays.

Thats really weird, I am sure when I saw madden on the F2P weekend in my console it said optimized for next gen. This was xbox so dont know about PS5.
Same as in fifa 21, a few improvements apparently, but if you dont like last gen you prob wont like this gen. Im a very casual player so Ill just wait for it to hit the EA vault. You know how sports games are, they release a game and its the exact same game for around 6-7 years
Yeah! Iā€™m eagerly waiting for the next/current gen bunch! There is some hope for AI improvements. Graphics are good already.

Last edited:
Really enjoying this, playing on All Madden mode but with the sliders slightly lowered, but not sure whether to put them up and put on All Pro.

Won Superbowl first year with a perfect season, and had went 9-0 second, but lost a couple of games now, kinda like a switch was turned on (I have been farting around with sliders so maybe the combined All Madden and improved sliders might be a tad much, as not a skilled NFL player, so not sure of tactics etc).

Had Brady first season, as backup to main QB (created guy, I've created quite a few good players as always like doing that), released him at end of season (he came on late on Superbowl and ran short for a TD, lol). However I've resigned him again.

Had also signed in first season Kaepernick (sp?), but maybe sign him back again when Brady retires.

Want Smith the MLB from Chicago, but he's hard to get.

FD

Back
Top Bottom