[PS4] - PES 2017 Updated to 2020 (File Link)

2 December 2019
**UPDATED 8th JUNE 2020**

PS4 Files - updated game to 2020.

Firstly, thank you for downloading this wonderful Option File.
PES 2017 is truly a wonderful game
and in my opinion is far superior to the later games within the franchise.

1) Please delete ALL images you have on your PS4 for PES 2017.
This includes Kits, Emblems, Managers, Stadiums and Competition Logos.

2) If you have any existing teams within PES 2017 you want to keep hold of,
Export those teams before installation and re-import afterwards.
There is a potential issue of some edited players from other teams going missing. Your risk.

3) Import "AA_IMPORTANT" 1st & 2nd files at the START of installation.

4) Proceed to import ONE league / ONE National Region at a time and TICKING BOTH BOXES -
THIS IS IMPORTANT

A brief rundown:
NEW 2019/20 KITS have been applied where possible. Includes National Teams.

ALL Premier League and MOST Championship Teams have fully updated 2019/20 squads, with key players having their abilities adjusted to PES 2020. (Trent AA, Robertson etc.)

Premier League and Championship plus key European teams have "Team ID"
This is based on real life playing style and tactics.
Players have had extra skills added to work with the team's playing style, which gives an overall better experience when playing with or against them.

Most Leagues have "LEAGUE ID" which basically means, in Master League, each league will feel different giving a much more varied experience.
E.G. Brazil Teams have Trickery and Flare style.
Where Italian Teams are all about defence and slow build up play.
Players' "PLAYER KILLS" have been adjusted to accommodate this. (abilities remain the same or fall in line with PES 2020)

Legends and Retired Players are now back to their peak and relevant age, playing for teams
where they made most of their appearances.

85% of players have lower case fonts. I will get around to updating these as soon as I can.
The teams who haven't had this applied are mainly Asian NTs and Asian Teams.

NOT ALL Edited Asian Champions League Teams or CSL Teams will have correct players in their teams.
Most teams will have their Marquee Players though.

Retired Players are marked with "*" at the start of their name so you can easily search for them.

I recommend playing on "Superstar", 15 Minutes, -1 or -2 Game Speed.

**MASSIVE CREDIT to PESUNIVERSE for their 2020 Kits. Unfortunately The 2020 Kits are a bit of a different layout to PES 2017 so some kits may have a pattern on the very bottom of the sleeves and a patch on the socks. I can't do anything about this, but it doesn't take anything away from the rest of the game.

FILE LINK:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cgy7d9n4xacai10/PES_2017_updated_2020_v1_June_2020.zip

League Structure Images Below...
League Structure - Asian Other.jpgLeague Structure - CSL.jpgLeague Structure - MLS.jpgLeague Structure - Scotland.jpgLeague Structure Asian Champs League.jpg

Last edited:
PES 2020 in-game Stats plus Boosted Stats for Legends. To make the Legends how they should be. R9 99 Dribbling and 99 Ball Control etc. Henry 99 Pace & 99 Explosive Power.

R9 99 Dribbling and 99 Ball Control etc. Henry 99 Pace & 99 Explosive Power they are not true though but thanks for PES 2020 stats

R9 99 Dribbling and 99 Ball Control etc. Henry 99 Pace & 99 Explosive Power they are not true though but thanks for PES 2020 stats

You are absolutely right. The 99 Stats for certain players aren't true according to Konami and their devs, BUT we should NOT be guided by their stats.

However, when I see Kyle Walker's pace being 95 and Thierry Henry (in his prime) has 90 Pace... that's not true!
Therefore, Thierry Henry 99 Pace.

Just to let you know how much the Devs know, Grant Hall (QPR), Centre Back...
PES 2018 height is 191cm,
PES 2020 height is 175cm.
Wikipedia and personal friends who know Grant Hall, 192cm.

You are absolutely right. The 99 Stats for certain players aren't true according to Konami and their devs, BUT we should NOT be guided by their stats.

However, when I see Kyle Walker's pace being 95 and Thierry Henry (in his prime) has 90 Pace... that's not true!

Henry is not faster than Aubameyang for example
99 Ball Control is Dennis Bergkamp, not R9

Well wikipedia isnt your friend at all, i would rather trust official sources and seems like Konami does as well
https://www.qpr.co.uk/squads/first-team/grant-hall/

Well wikipedia isnt your friend at all, i would rather trust official sources and seems like Konami does as well
https://www.qpr.co.uk/squads/first-team/grant-hall/

Grant Hall is not 5ft 9! Hahaha, seriously, He's 6ft 3ish. That information is wrong, wrong, wrong.
I won't go into it any further, but seriously, Konami's "Official Stats" are just made up. They're loosely based on players' abilities, but they're no way 100% accurate.

Grant Hall is not 5ft 9! Hahaha, seriously, He's 6ft 3ish. That information is wrong, wrong, wrong.
I won't go into it any further, but seriously, Konami's "Official Stats" are just made up. They're loosely based on players' abilities, but they're no way 100% accurate.

Well even if the club's official site posts incorrect data what can you do? I doubt EA or Konami would have the resources to go out and measure all players by themselfs....

No problem at all. Anyway, if you are interested in the files, feel free. PES 2017 is a wonderful, wonderful game.

Yes i looked at some clips and indeed player ID looks lot better and 2017 is the one that had fouls but...shooting variation was ass from 2014-2018...even 2019 was really basic...only in 2020 i can see miss kicks( and its a new feature indeed, lol pioneers) and even in this game its only situation based not even stat based. Scoring for me is one of the most important part of a footy game.

FILE LINK for PES 2017 with 2020 TEAMS inc:
kits, players, managers & comps
Premier League
Ligue 1
Serie A
Eredivisie
La Liga
+4 German Teams inc Bayern & Dortmund There is MORE to come.
Love PES again! (includes Super Legends) http://mediafire.com/file/kkpbba0n3yl06b6/PESCUSTOMFACES_00%252C01%252C03%252C04%252C06%252C07%252C08Dort%252CLever%252CSchal%252CBayern%252C.zip/file…

So, a lot of players now fall in line with PES 2020 Stats, like Trent AA, Robertson, Van Dijk, Mount, Maddison, Grealish etc.

There are many Superstars from yester-year who are back at their peak and playing for teams they're known for.
Please don't reset these players as their stats are accurate albeit boosted compared to regular PES stats. BUT, it's necessary.
Henry, Van Persie, Kanu at Arsenal
Ronaldinho, Koeman, Puyol & Rivaldo at Barcelona
Davids, Cannavaro, Del Piero and Nedved at Juventus
Kaka, Shevchenko, Gullit, Gattuso at Milan
R9 Ronaldo, Zidane, Roberto Carlos at Real Madrid
PLUS MANY MANY MORE. These Superstar Legends are incredible and make a huge difference to your ML Team.
(If you reset the players, you may lose them as the players may have overwritten fake players within the game's files)

Here's a link to my Twitter Page for further updated files.
https://twitter.com/pescustomfaces

Hey man, can't thank you enough for your effort! I've been playing PES2017 for a few weeks now with various international teams in my own World Cup, I even went through the time of creating a Serge Gnabry and Timo Werner. Came across this forum as I wanted to update players and teams to the current era of 2020 on PS4. So I've downloaded the file but as I've imported it, I feel like I'm missing a step out. I have the kits updated but the squads are the same as 16/17 i.e. Zlatan still at United, CR7 still at Juve etc. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. Also would like to add its my first time doing an option file! Sorry if I sound stupid haha. Thanks.

Hi matey, okay.
New files coming today with INSTRUCTIONS. Unfortunately you will have delete EVERYTHING you have installed.
i like the sound of that!! :APPLAUD:
so this is like the next step in you OF creation process!?

as thankfull as i am for you awesome work, everytime i install new files i have to edit all the deep defensive lines out and set celebration animations for a lot of the players. why dont we edit those cosmectics once (again, i would do that for you), then you have them in you "main/base"-files and it will be there forever (for all users to enjoy). i just cant stand nearly all players celebrating with animation nr. 54!! :NO:

example: send me one team (maybe a whole league) via mail, ill import it (them), edit in those animations (takes about 30min each team), export, send it back to you so you can keep on working on the players stats and teams tactics.

i dont mind setting up all tactics to my liking but you sure agree that all users here prefer different celebration animations that fit the player who's scoring, right!?

let me know what you think mate.

source.gif

edit: and while i'm at it, i'd take care of some other stuff like Lewa hairstyle or Süle running animation (for example)... the small things that add!

Last edited:

as thankfull as i am for you awesome work, everytime i install new files i have to edit all the deep defensive lines out and set celebration animations for a lot of the players. why dont we edit those cosmectics once (again, i would do that for you), then you have them in you "main/base"-files and it will be there forever (for all users to enjoy). i just cant stand nearly all players celebrating with animation nr. 54!! :NO:

example: send me one team (maybe a whole league) via mail, ill import it (them), edit in those animations (takes about 30min each team), export, send it back to you so you can keep on working on the players stats and teams tactics.

i dont mind setting up all tactics to my liking but you sure agree that all users here prefer different celebration animations that fit the player who's scoring, right!?

WAIT - Just uploading the new files now.

source.gif

I understand your logic but Celebration 54 is not an issue for me as much as it is for you LOL!
So if you want to adjust ANY teams and send them back to me, you can and I'll include them in my "v2" at a later date.
I just didn't want to include files which weren't in keeping with my files for v1.

So I would recommend EXPORTING your own edited teams (inc your German sides) and re-import them after the full installation.

I understand your logic but Celebration 54 is not an issue for me as much as it is for you LOL!
So if you want to adjust ANY teams and send them back to me, you can and I'll include them in my "v2" at a later date.
I just didn't want to include files which weren't in keeping with my files for v1.

So I would recommend EXPORTING your own edited teams (inc your German sides) and re-import them after the full installation.
:D
so you are fine with every player celebrating in the same way!? hm... ;)
could really be only my prob!

i could do as you said but wouldnt that create a problem!? if i did, say bayern, and edited all the cosmetics in, in the meantime you might have editied 1 or 2 bayern players. so if i'm sending you my bayern team back (the base i work with is yours) and you import it, you have all the cosmetics right, but the 2 players you edited in the meantime, this work would be gone (by the time you insert the team i send you)!

as i understand it, it would only make sense for me to edit a teams cosmetics details in, if:
1. ...i have the same team base as you (so the latest edit of that team).
2. ...you are not editing anything while i do the cosmetics.

once i did all that, i'd send the team back, you could go on fine tuning the teams tactics and players stats (but the minor cosmetic stuff i editied is in forever!!)!

guys, did i get that correct or am i lost in editing!? :LOL:

:D
so you are fine with every player celebrating in the same way!? hm... ;)
could really be only my prob!

i could do as you said but wouldnt that create a problem!? if i did, say bayern, and edited all the cosmetics in, in the meantime you might have editied 1 or 2 bayern players. so if i'm sending you my bayern team back (the base i work with is yours) and you import it, you have all the cosmetics right, but the 2 players you edited in the meantime, this work would be gone (by the time you insert the team i send you)!

as i understand it, it would only make sense for me to edit a teams cosmetics details in, if:
1. ...i have the same team base as you (so the latest edit of that team).
2. ...you are not editing anything while i do the cosmetics.

once i did all that, i'd send the team back, you could go on fine tuning the teams tactics and players stats (but the minor cosmetic stuff i editied is in forever!!)!

guys, did i get that correct or am i lost in editing!? :LOL:

Should be fine.

Thing is. I won't be editing and resupplying these teams within the links again anyway.
So, edit the files until your heart is content.
The only files I'll be uploading in the future is CSL, MLS and Asian Champs League teams.
Then the rest is up to yourselves to make the game your own.

I honestly wasn't aware of Celebration 54. I spent around 500 Hours editing these files, and I have to be honest... way down in my list of priorities. LOL!
I did DM you re: "Deep Defensive Line".

Last edited:
Should be fine.

Thing is. I won't be editing and resupplying these teams within the links again anyway.
So, edit the files until your heart is content.
The only files I'll be uploading in the future is CSL, MLS and Asian Champs League teams.
Then the rest is up to yourselves to make the game your own.

I honestly wasn't aware of Celebration 54. I spent around 500 Hours editing these, and I have to be honest... way down in my list of priorities. LOL!
I did DM you re: "Deep Defensive Line".

If you've already edited the Bayern or German sides from my original files and you're happy with them, then don't import those very teams from my latest file. The only thing you may have to do is re-import the logos and kits for them.

Last edited:
HI Antony, thank you for your hard work in doing this option file and thanks for sharing.

I am trying to install this on my PS4. It's been ages since I installed option files on my PS4 as I normally do editing for PES on the PS2.

So a silly question. How do I install the AA_IMPORTANT files? I have placed them on my USB in a folder titled WEPES and I have gone to Edit, Data Import/Export etc.. in the game on my PS4 but I cannot see an option to select those files.

HI Antony, thank you for your hard work in doing this option file and thanks for sharing.

I am trying to install this on my PS4. It's been ages since I installed option files on my PS4 as I normally do editing for PES on the PS2.

So a silly question. How do I install the AA_IMPORTANT files? I have placed them on my USB in a folder titled WEPES and I have gone to Edit, Data Import/Export etc.. in the game on my PS4 but I cannot see an option to select those files.

Not silly, geeeeee!!
Just copy the complete WEPES folder (as you downloaded it) to your stick. Both AA files should be in the root WEPES folder. Teams in subfolder.
When you go to the import menu all team files plus both AA files (should be listed on top) are shown. Select all, next, tick first box, import.

What I did the first time, I selected only both AA files and imported them. After that I imported the rest of the teams.

See the readme file in the download.

Edit: this is how files on the stick should look like. Just a direct copy from the download file.
874DCACB-66F8-422F-8E8D-BD5CC296FB3F.jpeg

Last edited:
Not silly, geeeeee!!
Just copy the complete WEPES folder (as you downloaded it) to your stick. Both AA files should be in the root WEPES folder. Teams in subfolder.
When you go to the import menu all team files plus both AA files (should be listed on top) are shown. Select all, next, tick first box, import.

What I did the first time, I selected only both AA files and imported them. After that I imported the rest of the teams.

See the readme file in the download.

Edit: this is how files on the stick should look like. Just a direct copy from the download file.
View attachment 46515

Thanks PRO :)

The problem is that my USB stick is not big enough so i will need to do a bit at a time. I tried installing the IMPORTANT ones first but it said ‘what team do you want to apply this to?’

I will have a look over the weekend.

Thanks again.

Thanks PRO :)

The problem is that my USB stick is not big enough so i will need to do a bit at a time. I tried installing the IMPORTANT ones first but it said ‘what team do you want to apply this to?’

I will have a look over the weekend.

Thanks again.
Take your time. Don’t tick the first box. You’d just confirm what the batch import would do anyway.
If you usb stick is small in size, put some folders on it and import step by step. Start with AA files followed by the teams in batches.

Enjoy and let us know if it worked out for you.

Back
Top Bottom