Ok so let me see.. 140 teams in PES.. How I would organize them! :BSCARF:

Brazil 20
Argentina 20
Chile 16 (I checked and there are 16 not 17)
Colombia 20
Ecuador 16
Peru 18 (there are 18, not 19)
Uruguay 16 (Don't forget them haha :LOL: )

That would make it.. 126

So that would leave 14 slots for: Paraguay, Bolivia and Venezuela

I would include:
Paraguay: 5 teams (the most historical ones: Olimpia, Cerro Porteño, Guaraní, Libertad, Nacional)
Bolivia: 5 teams (Bolivar, The Strongest, Oriente Petrolero, Always Ready, Independiente Petrolero)
Venezuela: 4 teams (Caracas, Deportivo Táchira, Monagas, Deportivo Lara)

That would probably be my choice. :BSCARF: But you could play around with it, for example, if you want to include the entire Paraguayan or Bolivian league, and the 5 or 6 biggest Uruguayan teams, that would be cool also. I think Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru should be complete.. And then your choice for the rest..

Another option would be.. Let's say the entire 6 mentioned leagues, + D2 Colombia (let's say 12 teams, I'm not sure how many slots there are for division B), that would make it 122... and then split the remaining 18 between Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Venezuela..

There are several options. I would probably go with the first one I mentioned. What do you think bro? :TU:

Last edited:
I thought the number of teams seemed low in my last post, now I know why, Uruguay :LOL:

I was just reading your post and it gave me an idea. Now there is a csv import in the editor it opens up new possibilities to mix and match because of the ease of it once the squads are made.

Because everything is on the import/export, not just player stats, but also everything down to eye colour etc. I'm not for a minute going that in depth but my point is that replacing a team in the csv is just a matter of copying/pasting as each player has his own line of his own stats, so essential things like skin colour, height, weight etc will import with him over the player that was there, it won't be a case of his name and stats but the player looks exactly like he did in the previous team.

So my thought is this - there's no need to worry about the limit. Want a ML with 24 Colombian teams so you can start in Div 2 and hand pick the other 48 teams you want in your ML, simple, just import them. Also if you wanted to you could also hand pick loads of other players to import as well to become the free agents in the ML, for example you could import a load of younger players, things like that.

Want to play the Uruguayan league, simple, import those teams. Want to play out the Libertadores or Sudamericana, again simple, just import all those teams into the OF. The only thing you have to do first is to name the teams within the PES 6 editor because the import will only import them to a team if there is already a team with a matching name. So for example if the OF had Palmeiras and you wanted to change that team to River Plate, you'd have to rename the team in the PES 6 editor, then import and the River Plate players would import to their squad.

This would mean the 140 team OF can be made and released in different formats, for example one as you posted above, another set with all Libertadores and Sudamericana qualifiers and so on. I can then also release a file with all the teams in the proper format to paste to the csv export if people want to mix and match to whatever they'd like.

This way Brazil 1 and 2 could be made, all 28 Argentinian teams (is it still 28 or did it reduce yet?), Colombia D1 and D2, plus maybe D2's of Uruguay, Peru etc and at the very least all the remaining countries Libertadores/Sudamericana qualifiers.

Wow, ok! So pretty much what you're saying is... If I'm understanding correctly.. The teams would be in a large database and all we'd have to do is "pick and choose" what teams we would like to play with and create our own leagues through the editor? I'm very new at this whole editing thing.. So when you're talking about CSV imports in the editor, etc.. I'm kind of in the dark.

But if you say it's possible, then that would be great! It sounds good! You'd just have to walk me a bit through it haha, since I am a rookie when it comes to importing/editing and those kinds of stuff. :LOL: ;)

@mattmid oh and to answer your questions. :TU:

- Yes! It's "Copa Sudamericana"
- Argentina first division has 28 teams (crazy I know haha, I've talked to Argentineans that say they want it reduced to 20).

@mattmid oh and to answer your questions. :TU:

- Yes! It's "Copa Sudamericana"
- Argentina first division has 28 teams (crazy I know haha, I've talked to Argentineans that say they want it reduced to 20).
right now its only 26, every year they reduce it by 2 until they manage to get 20 teams again

EDIT, my bad last season was 26, the season that's gonna start first week of february its gonna be 28, then they're gonna re-structure the whole league every year (they started this before but when covid started they decide it to rollback)

season 2022: 28 teams (2 promotions y 2 Relegation)
season 2023: 28 teams (2 promotions y 4 Relegation)
season 2024: 26 teams (2 promotions y 4 Relegation)
season 2025: 24 teams (2 promotions y 4 Relegation)
season 2026: 22 teams , big AFA objective

but all depends on who end up last on the relegation table (which is not the same as position table of the league) maybe its boca or river end up last they will change that, you know... corruption at his best

Last edited:
@marqisspes6 That is crazy :LOL: We'll reduce it by two each season but first we'll put it back up by two!

@millossobek Thanks. Yes that's exactly it, a sheet (probably release it in csv and xls) that can be used to paste into the csv export to then import. Plus thanks to @marqisspes6 who has made a tool to be able to add the csv import to PES5/WE9x option file then it can also be used to import into there too. There may be a couple of things to re order or whatever but essentially it's very straightforward. So I expect I'll release the OF also for PES5 and WE9 versions as well.

Back
Top Bottom