PES22 - Modding?

Guys relax, there are many smart brains in this community who will find ways, create tools, etc. so modding will be possible. Believe! :PRAY:
To this date, we can't import extra head models on fifa games on frostbite engine.

So same might happen with PES

To this date, we can't import extra head models on fifa games on frostbite engine.

So same might happen with PES
Rest assured, unreal has been modded to death already. If Konami make it possible to mod, we'll be able to do it.

Here I am crossing my fingers.. My guess is that Konami's aware of the massive international modding community especially on PC, (but also consoles) and it would seem unlikely that they would overlook modding. Here's hoping for the best though.. :TU:

Konami cares squat about modding PES outside of built-in edit mode.
Every bit of modding outside of edit mode that has been done on PC was done despite Konami, with zero support from them.
All hardcore hacks - it took more than two years to crack edit file encryption (few months before pes 2017 was released). Any bits and bobs from Konami that would enable tools like sider? Of course not.
Only lucky part was that basic tools for managing .cpk files could be found in the internet right of the bat for 2014, because Konami also used 3rd party CriWare packing tools for .cpk files.
When PC finally got on par with consoles (2018), again nada from Konami - luckily, some tools for .fpk files and some other Fox-specific files could have been borrowed from MGS community.

Expect a long drougt once again ... 2024 maybe?

Every bit of modding outside of edit mode that has been done on PC was done despite Konami, with zero support from them.
All hardcore hacks - it took more than two years to crack edit file encryption (few months before pes 2017 was released). Any bits and bobs from Konami that would enable tools like sider? Of course not.
Only lucky part was that basic tools for managing .cpk files could be found in the internet right of the bat for 2014, because Konami also used 3rd party CriWare packing tools for .cpk files.
When PC finally got on par with consoles (2018), again nada from Konami - luckily, some tools for .fpk files and some other Fox-specific files could have been borrowed from MGS community.

Fair point but unreal engine is literally older than me. If they do use the unreal file system, it's already been decrypted and modding is very huge for some other unreal games.

Wouldn't that only bring us on par with having new "CPK reader" (but for UE pak files this time)? We will see the files, but anything beyond that is purely speculative.

Nothing is preventing Konami from inventing yet another cockamamie encryption scheme for EDIT files which may again remain uncracked for years (assuming edit file will live on in one shape or another due to in-game edit mode).
Internal formats of their database files (future counterparts of player.bin, team.bin, unicolor, uniparam, ....) are fully within dev's prerogatives and will have to be decoded slowly and painstakingly from the scratch. God forbid those file also might have some kind of encryption ...

Wouldn't that only bring us on par with having new "CPK reader" (but for UE pak files this time)? We will see the files, but anything beyond that is purely speculative.

Nothing is preventing Konami from inventing yet another cockamamie encryption scheme for EDIT files which may again remain uncracked for years (assuming edit file will live on in one shape or another due to in-game edit mode).
Internal formats of their database files (future counterparts of player.bin, team.bin, unicolor, uniparam, ....) are fully within dev's prerogatives and will have to be decoded slowly and painstakingly from the scratch. God forbid those file also might have some kind of encryption ...
Unreal engine has modelling tools of its own that can be used to edit stuff. It definitely will be a setback but tools are already available. It's just gonna be the learning process. Database is an entirely different question.

Absolutely agree with you

Unreal engine has modelling tools of its own that can be used to edit stuff. It definitely will be a setback but tools are already available. It's just gonna be the learning process. Database is an entirely different question.
Some popular UE4 games have never been able to be modded though unfortunately

I don’t understand computer programming/modding but I am a business man and I feel Konami has themselves in a tough spot.

Im sure they’d love to do the FIFA card playing “freemium” model, but without the licenses, this is nearly impossible. They can’t play that game with EA. The licenses is what has always held Konami back in terms of sales compared to FIFA and if they don’t allow modding, much of their PC base won’t buy the game (myself included) regardless of how good the gameplay is.

If you’re Konami, what do you do? Alienate your PC base and play second fiddle to EA? Or do you keep the hardcore offline audience happy by alllowing the game to be modulated?

I want to believe Konami has thought about this and chooses the ladder because unless there is an opportunity to be as authentic as EA out of the box in regards to license (which there isn’t) I don’t think they’ll win with that approach.

This is just one facet, @The_Knight recent year end review brought up another great point which is for Konami to highlight its simulated full manual gameplay. I thought that was a great take. PES has found their niche by building incredible, simulated GP and that really comes to life with FUMA. That is their value pitch, not arcade-like rocket goals and bicycle kicks. They should really focus on that element both on and offline.

That's a convo for another day, but I just hope these are things Konami is thinking about for their vision as we launch into the next generation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom