PES 5 Beta previews

Re: PES 5 Beta preview (first post updated!)

I'm not quite sure at the moment but the interface is different. Similar to the old ISS games the teams are in groups

Such as Europe A, Europe B, Africa etc...
Same for the club teams as well.

Unfortunately i'm restricted to Online and Training Mode.

jide i got a few questions...

- is there 360 degree freedom when taking free kicks?
- is there a completely new or revised penalty kick system?
- henry and mihalojvic style free kick animation still have one step run up?
- when defending, does CPU player(s) still always charge towards the opposing player with the ball?
- have player positions in the goal box during dead ball situations been improved?

Last edited:

fantomas23 said:
jide i got a few questions...

- is there 360 degree freedom when taking free kicks?
- is there a completely new or revised penalty kick system?
- henry and mihalojvic style free kick animation still have one step run up?
- when defending, does CPU player(s) still always charge towards the opposing player with the ball?
- have player positions in the goal box during dead ball situations been improved?

No 360 from free kicks
Penalties seem the same
Henry still has the one step free kick but hes been slighty toned down in his stats. Consistency is 5 rather than 7 ? i maybe wrong about that
CPU player still charges in LVL 5 training mode but it isn't agressive sometimes it will block paths now too.
You can now control the weight of a normal pass in free kick and through ball.
For throw ins you can have a charge bar
There seems to be a new stat called the middle shoot not sure how to do it yet.
Sorry for my unorganised post trying to find these damn dns settings to play against people
Please keep the questions coming

jide said:
There seems to be a new stat called the middle shoot not sure how to do it yet.

It was mentioned before. Apparently players like Adriano, Lampard, Veron, Gerrard etc have it. It's the ability to rifle in shots with great accuracy from outside the box.

I see cellini_6 well lots of players seem to have it. So its seems to be a common thing then i guess

Can we ask for a summarised update on some stats like "player x's stats have increased in certain areas"?

I'd say we should get the gameplay thoughts out of the way first, before 50 people want to know indivuidual stats for people. Once the first person asks and gets an answer, then everyone will want to know their players stats. :(

I suppose one of the main questions will be the lag when playing online, so when you get that going let us know.
Also if you're playing on 60Hz is there any slowdown?

Are there any new moves?
Hear some players have new unique moves with (I think) R2. Like Ronnie's elastico.

Hello and thanks to share informations jide !!

Do you think the defenses are better than in PES4 ?
And what about the keepers reactions ?

I haven't seen any slowdown
I've just played online twice now two laggy matches. But not sure if this was down to 60hz 50hz yet.
The gameplay feels the same as we8 le but there is new animations such as players spinning in disgust when losing the ball. Volley and chesting seems to have changed too. I wouldn't say players got big boosts some have been slighty tweaked but i don't remember pes4 stats due to so many updates etc..

The player faces have improved loads. Freddie L and Vieiras faces look so like real life head shape and proportion. Cisse stats haven't seem to been improved.

I can't try out match mode unfortunately still trying to new skill that was in the video.

I must say defences are better. They seem to close down lanes and passes even better. But this could be due to the defence stat. Heading feels much more improved now. You can pass to another player properly with a header feels a bit faster too.

I will try and capture later on unfortunately i have a JP ps2 so i had to change to my bros pal ps2 hence no captures at the moment. There is now a controlled shot option where you can rifle shots across the ground. I haven't noticed anything else yet. Since its really laggy online. Also players react to bad tackle more chasing after players and the window has shorted for "refs allowing the play to carry on". Gives a nice report to any injuries at half time.

Jide, can you tell about the stats of some stars players? For example players like Totti, Kaka, Van Nistelrooy, C.Ronaldo, Fernando Torres, Crespo and the defenders Ferdinand, Nesta, Stam. I would like if they improved stats or no and if you see a new great defender in the game. thanks.

jide said:
There is now a controlled shot option where you can rifle shots across the ground.
See? I knew it. The R2 shot keeps the ball low.
I was right...wasnt I?

I dont know why that debate raged, it was obvious from the first Japanese translation that the R2 shot was going to be an inside of the boot, controlled shot, less power, more accuracy. :)

CONAN said:
Jide, can you tell about the stats of some stars players? For example players like Totti, Kaka, Van Nistelrooy, C.Ronaldo, Fernando Torres, Crespo and the defenders Ferdinand, Nesta, Stam. I would like if they improved stats or no and if you see a new great defender in the game. thanks.

There's just no need for that...

jide is there still the annoyance of slow/crappy defenders out pacing or keeping up with the likes of Henry, C.Ronaldo, Owen etc...?

I cant believe everyone is going on about stats.

Id say the most important thing to ask is what does the R2 shot ACTUALLY do!

Is it inside of the foot? this will open up the game so much more in attacking situations

I dont trust the guy. Hes only got 6 posts and anyone could come here claiming they have the game.

Thanks for sharing jide: Hey man can you answer this?

1. Can you see any differences in defensive heading when a cross is coming in and you are controlling defender?

Did you not read his other post? He got one of his mate.

The PES5 trials were due to be sent out from last thursday onwards, so its quite likely some people have received theirs today.

I will make screenshots and videos eventually. You don't have to trust me i just thought sharing my thoughts was a good idea.

Milanista said:
How do you have a JP ps2 and PES5? PES5 is PAL not JP.

I don't have the full game. Its an online trial meaning to test the network capability. So all i get is training mode and Network Mode.
I have two ps2's one pal one JP
I'm sure i explained that or am i going crazy

The goalkeeprs still don't seem to hold the ball very well even with the weakest of strikes. The R2 shot is a controlled shot with less power. You short normally but you hit the R2 button straight after.

We trust you, don't worry ... ;-)

- Could you tell us about de R2 shoot ?
When you shoot and push the R2 buttons ... what's happen ??

- Are side-steps the same as before ?
Could you do the side-steps by just pushing quickely 2 times a 90° direction ??

(thanks and sorry for my bad english)

Back
Top Bottom