PES 2021 Online Server Emulator/ Open Beta Test Server /

@Energia I got it running today a online party on Linux without kick it, unfortunately I got a input lag playing, maybe my wireless controller, I'll try with my laptop to later to check it, btw I donwnloaded a fresh cpy version of the game from **Removed by mod**, sorry if its ilegal, just tell me and I'll delete it.

good for you and not for me... :D 😜

NOTE: the link you posted its the only link I always posted here also to you about the right cpy version... rules about links to cpy are changed since no more game is available on steam... ;):D
 
had to ask about this before removing the link, for now it's not allowed so please avoid sharing links to that specific version :)
If I've been sharing it for months also in other posts without issue, it's because it was possible to consider it "abandonware" here to preserve the game, just like all the other old games that have been shared here for years without any issues... I think there was a post I seems by @Tom about that argument.. Football Life 2026 itself is a CPY version patched by smoke team... It's new to me now that it can no longer be shared... Yet all the other games from the past that can no longer be purchased have continued to be shared for years. In my opinion, someone has missed that post. ;)
 
Last edited:
If I've been sharing it for months also in other posts without issue, it's because it was possible to consider it abandonware here to preserve the game, just like all the other old games that have been shared here for years without any issues... I think there was a post I seems by @Tom about that argument.. Football Life 2026 itself is a CPY version patched by smoke team... It's new to me now that it can no longer be shared... Yet all the other games from the past that can no longer be purchased have continued to be shared for years. In my opinion, someone has missed that post. ;)
The reason of cpy version not being allowed was due to many incompatible sider modules and unrelated issues that flooded the forum those weren't solved yet until we get a new crack as pes2020 did lately, what its allowed is FL which is more heavy modded cpy version. I had to ask due to the same reasoning, so thats what its.

Edit:

Remember abandonware is only a term in the community not legal, you still violate copyright
 
The reason of cpy version not being allowed was due to many incompatible sider modules and unrelated issues that flooded the forum those weren't solved yet until we get a new crack as pes2020 did lately,
All sider modules are updated also for cpy version now ;);
anyway at the time cpy version wasn't with all DLC 7.00 included and all assistance for patching was about steam v.107.02; the link you deleted was a cpy full repack that simulate the 1.07.02 version with all dlc included and working...

Anyway also many other "abandonware" titles using cpy version and not all work perferctly for all games, are here in the forum without any issues... ;)

I was the first here I distribuited many gameplays mods for pes2021 also for cpy cracked exes and @Tom know it...

So now there is something strange for me in what you write after more of one year from my gameplays thread releases :THINK:

what its allowed is FL which is more heavy modded cpy version. I had to ask due to the same reasoning, so thats what its.
smoke patch it still cpy 1.0.01 version without DLC 7.0 adapted only for that by Smoke team

Edit:

Remember abandonware is only a term in the community not legal, you still violate copyright
I know mate, but it was used here by moderators not by me... included you in a post about pes 2013... and all old previous titles are downloable here since years...
I just took note of it and acted accordingly. ❤️

This isn't a contentious post, let me be clear. ;)

It's just to clarify the matter, otherwise we'll always end up misunderstanding things in the future... ;) ❤️❤️
 
Last edited:
All sider modules are updated also for cpy version now ;);
anyway at the time cpy version wasn't with all DLC 7.00 included and all assistance for patching was about steam v.107.02; the link you deleted was a cpy full repack that simulate the 1.07.02 version with all dlc included and working...

Anyway also many other "abandonware" titles using cpy version and not all work perferctly for all games, are here in the forum without any issues... ;)

I was the first here I distribuited many gameplays mods for pes2021 also for cpy cracked exes and @Tom know it...

So now there is something strange for me in what you write after more of one year from my gameplays thread releases :THINK:


smoke patch it still cpy 1.0.01 version without DLC 7.0 adapted only for that by Smoke team


I know mate, but it was used here by moderators not by me... included you in a post about pes 2013... and all old previous titles are downloable here since years...
I just took note of it and acted accordingly. ❤️

This isn't a contentious post, let me be clear. ;)

It's just to clarify the matter, otherwise we'll always end up misunderstanding things in the future... ;) ❤️❤️
The rule so far apply only for PES2021 with the CPY version, I guess what was shared can remain as its, maybe for future release consider using sider which provides a handful of tools and apis to get the same result or even better, than just patching the executable
 
The rule so far apply only for PES2021 with the CPY version, I guess what was shared can remain as its, maybe for future release consider using sider which provides a handful of tools and apis to get the same result or even better, than just patching the executable
You are focusing on my mods now and it's not this the issue we are talking (it was only an example for what I said) ;)

in my opinion there is something that doesn't add up in what was done with the deletion of that link and what everything was happening on the forum for at least since more than one year ago regarding the cpy version...

there is some misunderstanding or missing update on the choices already made which it now bring them back without a coherent reason even with everything that has already been done with other titles no longer on the market; I don't see why now suddenly pes 2021 should be different from the other previous titles freely linked in here for some time... in fact that was how it had already been more than a year since the cracked version of the game was considered the same truce (the rule had never been updated since 2023, but in at least one post, everything had become accepted... I would have to look it up, but I know it's like this and in fact no one until now had ever had anything to say about it...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited later: I found the post of December 2024: ;)
Actually, it's all about semantics when it comes to these rules of ours. We're not strictly against people using cracked copies of the game, after all there's no viable other way of preserving the game for those who are late to the party, except for FL. I would be fine with people sharing stuff that universally works for all versions of the game, explicitly stating CPY
....

I think they're transparent enough to find sensible ways of catering CPY folks without having us intervene. I'd say we've gotten pretty relaxed when it comes to this, it just has to be tackled in a non-intrusive way.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and I'm not saying that you're the one who made a mistake, let's be clear, you asked and did it, but everything has been working differently here for a while... there's some sort of misunderstanding about it ;)

I Hope to be clear, english isnt my language so maybe sometimes I explain my arguments in bad way
Sorry for that ❤️
 
Last edited:
If I've been sharing it for months also in other posts without issue, it's because it was possible to consider it "abandonware" here to preserve the game, just like all the other old games that have been shared here for years without any issues... I think there was a post I seems by @Tom about that argument.. Football Life 2026 itself is a CPY version patched by smoke team... It's new to me now that it can no longer be shared... Yet all the other games from the past that can no longer be purchased have continued to be shared for years. In my opinion, someone has missed that post. ;)
sad to hear it, looks like what solve my problem was this version of the game and a patch from a proton dev to fix a vcrun2019 installation on a prefix of the game on linux, maybe you can try, downloaded just this version and try again, one weird thing is that I try to make a party, for some tests with some cpk files, music, theme and sounds with my laptop and this bug happen again, but with other players not.
 
sad to hear it, looks like what solve my problem was this version of the game and a patch from a proton dev to fix a vcrun2019 installation on a prefix of the game on linux, maybe you can try, downloaded just this version and try again,
pesbul server has made some changes during latest wecks, maybe something solved it for you on linux but not for me on Windows 11 ;)
one weird thing is that I try to make a party, for some tests with some cpk files, music, theme and sounds with my laptop and this bug happen again, but with other players not.
this could be useful info for @༺Ƥeຮ༻ ; maybe more in depht info about that can help him
 
Last edited:
I'll make some tips do configure do play on Linux to leave here for help others asap
I was referring about more depth info for difference situations you had not only about linux... ;) but also what didn't worked when you tried into your laptop wherever for other of your party's users continued to work fine ;)
 
Last edited:
Development Update: The Project Is Not Abandoned​

I know it has been quiet for a while, and some people have started asking whether the PES 2021 server project has been abandoned.

No, it has not. Development is still active.​

The reason there have been fewer visible updates is that for the last weeks most of the work has been concentrated on one very difficult problem:

the gameplay simulation speed in server-based online modes.

At first, it simply looked like "slow gameplay".

We suspected latency, relay location, packet forwarding, server performance and several other network-related causes.

We tested different GameRelay locations, different network paths, faster packet forwarding, pacing changes, direct forwarding and other approaches.

Some of those changes improved parts of the network path, but they did not solve the real problem.


What is actually happening?

During a real WAN Team Play / 11v11 match, both clients were measured directly.

The game attempts approximately:

54 simulation steps per second​

But only around:

20 to 22 simulation steps per second​

are actually completed.

So this is not simply:

  • controller input delay
  • bad animations
  • low FPS
  • graphics slowdown
  • or the game simply "feeling heavy"

The actual online game simulation itself is progressing too slowly.

Both clients were measured at almost exactly the same successful simulation rate.

This strongly indicates that they are being limited by the same online synchronization mechanism.

We also traced what happens after a player's own command has already arrived back at the client.

That part is relatively fast.

Once an exact command has been accepted by the client, it normally takes only around 7-10 ms to be applied, with the measured maximum still below approximately 20 ms.

So the major delay happens before the client accepts the command.

The path we are investigating now is essentially:

Code:
Game produces command
        |
        v
Command is sent
        |
        v
GameRelay receives it
        |
        v
Relay processes / echoes it
        |
        v
Client receives and accepts it
        |
        v
Simulation advances

The last part is fast.

The missing time is somewhere earlier in that chain.


Why is this problem so important?

Because GameRelay is not used only for Team Play.

In PES 2021, most of the online game modes depend on the GameRelay infrastructure.

In practice, roughly 90% of the online functionality we want to restore relies on this type of server-mediated connection.

That includes modes such as:

  • Online Divisions
  • Online Tournaments / Competitions
  • Clan / CO-OP
  • Team Play Lobby / 11v11
  • and other server-based online modes

Friendly Lobby 1v1 is one of the few important cases that can work primarily through direct P2P communication.

And we already proved that:

Friendly Lobby 1v1 can work over WAN.​

But restoring only Friendly Lobby is not the goal of this project.

If the GameRelay simulation problem remains, we may be able to make menus, rooms, matchmaking and many server commands work, but the majority of the real online modes would still have incorrect gameplay.

That is why we are spending so much time on this problem.


What already works?

A lot more than it may look from the outside.

We already have:

  • login and online authentication
  • online menus
  • rooms and lobbies
  • matchmaking infrastructure
  • P2P Friendly Lobby gameplay
  • GameRelay connections
  • Team Play / 11v11 room creation
  • player connections through GameRelay
  • match startup
  • real 11v11 gameplay
  • large parts of the original online protocol reconstructed

The current blocker is not:

"We cannot start a match."

We can start the match.

The blocker is that server-based WAN gameplay does not yet advance at the correct simulation cadence.


What are we doing now?

We are no longer guessing based only on ping or how the match feels.

We are tracing the command lifecycle directly:

Code:
client command production
        |
        v
client submission
        |
        v
GameRelay receive
        |
        v
GameRelay forwarding / own echo
        |
        v
client acceptance
        |
        v
simulation APPLY

The latest tests have already eliminated one major area:

Commands are not sitting for a long time inside the client after they have been accepted.

So the investigation is now concentrated on the path before client acceptance.

We are trying to determine exactly where those missing milliseconds are introduced and, more importantly, what mechanism the original KONAMI service used to prevent WAN latency from slowing the simulation itself.


Why has this taken so long?

Because we are rebuilding a discontinued proprietary online service without:

  • KONAMI server source code
  • protocol documentation
  • original GameRelay software
  • server configuration documentation

Almost everything has to be reconstructed from the game client itself, network captures, runtime instrumentation, reverse engineering and controlled tests.

Sometimes several weeks of work result in discovering that a promising theory was wrong.

That does not look impressive in a changelog, but it is necessary.

Over the last weeks we have ruled out several ideas that looked very likely at first:

  • Simply moving GameRelay closer to the players is not enough.
  • Simply sending packets faster is not enough.
  • Changing basic relay pacing is not enough.

The clients themselves are attempting the expected approximately 54 simulation steps per second, but most attempts are being blocked by the online synchronization state.

That is now a much more specific problem than simply saying:

"WAN gameplay is slow."


So, has development stopped?

No.​

The project is still active.

The server is still being developed, reverse engineering is continuing, and real matches are still being used to validate what we discover.

I also do not want to announce a fake release date or claim that every new experiment is "the fix".

When we find the actual mechanism and have a reproducible improvement in a real WAN match, I will post it.

Until then, the work continues.


Thank you to everyone who is still following the project, testing it, and waiting patiently.

PES 2021 Online is not abandoned.​
 
I thought this thread was more popular but it seems to be of interest to few people... I would have liked to hear the online experiences of other users too
 
Back
Top Bottom