PES 2021 Become A Legend - Custom Made with the Continuance of ML

Which club should Ferriggi take over as a manager as soon as he retires?

• Club Brugge - Jupiler Pro League

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parma - Serie B

• Zenit - Russian Premier Liga

• Eintracht Frankfurt - Bundesliga

• Inter Miami - MLS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Might try it out.
One issue when I started my 20 yesterday.
Played one game, scored but got injured in the 80th min,injury was 6 weeks long.
Started my first game after the first injury,scored twice,got injured for 3 months...
So I stopped,I've read other people had exactly this for a whole career.
Hmmm I'm not sure if it helps using a gameplay mod but for me, I had some seasons at my peak years especially at Chelsea and Milan were I was getting injured very often for months and couldn't find the reason. Then it kind of stopped as it could've happened in real life, I liked it.

Hmmm I'm not sure if it helps using a gameplay mod but for me, I had some seasons at my peak years especially at Chelsea and Milan were I was getting injured very often for months and couldn't find the reason. Then it kind of stopped as it could've happened in real life, I liked it.
Kinda sucks to get two inj back to back.
I think I'll go back to 18,didn't experience inj like this there.
To bad,since I really prefer this to ML atm

This thread is fantastic @damienferriggi ! A few months back I proposed a whole new subforum where we could post stories like this, whether it was PES6 or PES2021. I've been in a few communities similar to that and it's real fun when people get creative and give it time :)

Here's that thread: https://evoweb.uk/threads/a-new-ml-bal-sub-forum-please-read.82164/

Maybe in the future it can have more support and actually happen!

This thread is fantastic @damienferriggi ! A few months back I proposed a whole new subforum where we could post stories like this, whether it was PES6 or PES2021. I've been in a few communities similar to that and it's real fun when people get creative and give it time :)

Here's that thread: https://evoweb.uk/threads/a-new-ml-bal-sub-forum-please-read.82164/

Maybe in the future it can have more support and actually happen!
Thanks mate and cheers for the link! Have looked for something like that but haven't come across it back then... nice work too!

Sorry haven't been posting guys, but since the latest DLC got out, I played like 10 matches and now the game is crashing to desktop on the same date in January.. can't find a fix sadly. I'm using smoke-patch. I've been told that I have to start a new one for it to work.

Hi guys, hope all is well. I've installed the new EDIT file with the latest transfers and freebies and I'm willing to restart my ML but this team I'm going for a different team since I don't feel like doing it all over again with Trabzonspor for now. Instead I chose a team who recently been relegated to the Championship. I'm talking about Fulham. I had no connections with them in my professional football career but I'm going to start from there since they are in a lower division.

Season 1 & 2 : Fulham - Barnsley
We've taken advantage of some free transfers such as Tomáš Vaclík (replacement for last year's loanie Alphonse Areola), Maicon & Benatia as a pair of Central Defenders, Aleix Vidal and Mario Balotelli. We also snatched on loan Jérémy Doku from Rennes and Luca Pellegrini from Juventus.

Mixed start to the season as expected, we started with 2/4 wins. Both wins came away from home against Preston & West Brom. We have knocked out Newcastle from the 1st round of FA Cup on a huge score line of 4-1.
Also, Tom Cairney scored the goal of the season already against Huddersfield in a 2-0 win. Unfortunately we did not triumph in the West London Derby against Queens Park Rangers where we lost 3-1 in the last 5 minutes of the game. Fast forward, we got knocked out by Man City from the FA Cup in January and for some unknown reason we went downhill in the second part of the season. We were not picking up any wins, team's morale was shitty and we finished the season in the 18th place.

I though I was going to get sacked but they gave me another chance which I did not step up for because in December 2021 I've got sacked. We were sitting in 22nd place, I was relieved to be honest because I was not enjoying it at all.
The following day I had to chose my next club and only Barnsley FC asked for my services who were only sitting in the 19th place, but I did not deserve better to be fair.
Again, It was not a successful season for me where we kept fighting in the relegation battle. Barnsley players were to no comparison with Fulham players so I couldn't do much. We finished 23rd place.

Screenshots for the ML career can be found here : https://ibb.co/album/tMs0yD

Attachments

• 20210707122455_1.jpg
    20210707122455_1.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20210706175614_1.jpg
    20210706175614_1.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210707183824_1.jpg
    20210707183824_1.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210707183825_1.jpg
    20210707183825_1.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210707183825_2.jpg
    20210707183825_2.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210719182827_1.jpg
    20210719182827_1.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Very nice bro! Please keep it going.. I find promotion/relegation stories particularly interesting so I'd love to hear how yours keeps going. Amazing level of detail in your stories too! :BSCARF: :TU:

Season 3 : Barnsley

New season, same squad so I needed to get in some new faces and talent to just not fail again...
We had to release a numerous players which were useless to the club to enlarge the budgets.
We snatched Nicolas N'koulou, Oriol Busquets, Olivier Ntcham & Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting on free transfers. The club made some fine loan signings such as Sebastian Coates, Nuno Santos, Rony Lopes, Guillermo Ochoa & Danilo.

For the improved squad we got going this season, I'm already gutted we started the season off with three straight draws against Millwall, Nottingham Forrest and Leeds United. I've also got appointed as Malta's NT manager for the next year.
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting managed to gave us our first three points of the season with a brace against Wycombe Wanderers.

We got knocked out of the FA Cup early as we lost to Arsenal at the Emirates.
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting was in-form in the first half of the season, leading us in 7th place, 10pts below the league leaders.
In January we brought in a youth regen, Angel who played a small part at the end of the season.
Fast forward to the end of the season, Choupo-Moting finished the season as Top Scorer of the Sky Bet Championship with 20 goals and was named in the Team of the Season. Luckily we won the last two games of the season against Queens Park Rangers and Cardiff City to make in to 4th place and reach the Play-Offs.

Nottingham Forest 0-1 Fulham
Watford 1-2 Barnsley

What a way to close the season, having to go face to face against my first English club from my professional football career.
Rony Lopes found the net in the 66th minute and sealed the victory away from home in the 1st leg. Watford went all out in the second leg, only for our regen Angel to break the score in the 69th minute from a counter attack. It only took two minutes for Watford to draw level but fortunately we managed to not concede another one thanks to a brilliant save from Forster minutes away from the final whistle.

Brace yourselves, the remainder of the story for this season is sad, very sad. :(

Final day of the Season 2023/24 : Play Off Final at Wembley Stadium - Fulham v Barnsley.
What are the odds, having to go through against one of my former clubs Watford to face in a final, my former club as a manager, Fulham!
It was a jam-packed stadium, we could all feel the excitement before the match.

As soon as the match started, I felt pressure and so did the players, we were constantly wasting possession and mistaking every clearance pass which led to Fulham's first goal by Josh Maja in the 11th minute. In the 14th minute a well taken corner by Rony Lopes landed perfectly in Choupo-Moting's feet where he did not fail to level the score to 1-1. The game was well balanaced for the remaining 30 minutes of the 1st half. Exactly on the 45th minute, Josh Maja doubled Fulham's lead to 2-1 with an outside curler. Worst time to score I know, but the match could still go either way...

But it didn't. On the 63rd minute, Ademola Lookman score Fulham's third goal to practically close the game.
We got distracted and desperate and well all out since we had nothing to lose. As expected we conceded again in the 82nd minute and again in the 84th minute, to see Josh Maja seal his hat-trick in this one sided final. It was ugly, cruel and painful.

Guillermo Ochoa's post-match comments were :"I can't believe it. I don't want to believe it. We were so close. So close..." and that's the only way to describe our disappointment and sadness.

The following week I got reached by Bristol City, Valenciennes and Fulham.
It was a though decision to take at that time but I only chose to leave Barnsley to try and advance in my managerial career and get a chance to play in a higher level, so I chose to re-join Fulham, this time in the Premier League.

Dear Barnsley Fans,
It was a great run between us in the last 18 months together but the time has come for me to look forward and step up. It wasn't an easy decision to take after this year's huge improvement from the squad but after the heartbreak we went through in June, I just felt it's time for me to step down. Thank you for all the memories and good luck for next season!

Your forever fan,
Mr. Ferriggi.

Attachments : https://ibb.co/album/tMs0yD

Attachments

• 20210722180538_1.jpg
    20210722180538_1.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210725123957_1.jpg
    20210725123957_1.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210725130147_1.jpg
    20210725130147_1.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210731113710_1.jpg
    20210731113710_1.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210803111722_1.jpg
    20210803111722_1.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210803112218_1.jpg
    20210803112218_1.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210803112336_1.jpg
    20210803112336_1.jpg
    716.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210803112342_1.jpg
    20210803112342_1.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210803114207_1.jpg
    20210803114207_1.jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Qualifying Malta to the WC now that's an interesting challenge! With all the preliminary qualifying rounds and difficulties! :TU:
Hopefully I'll do well enough to offer me a new contract next year :P
Won our 1st friendly against Estonia 1-0 🔴🔴

Attachments

• 20210725130445_1.jpg
    20210725130445_1.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 9
Season 4 : Back to Fulham

Back at Fulham, I've got to admit it feels strange after what went through last June in the play-off Final but here we are now, my first experience in the Premier League. Can't expect immediate fireworks but let's hope we can avoid relegation in our first season. (Last season's ending in the last post)

Some new signings on loan :
Jamie Vardy - Smith-Rowe - Riqui Puig - Danilo Cataldi - Ben White - Bartłomiej Drągowski

Permanent Signings :
Dušan Vlahović - Jérémy Doku

Offloaded Players :
Aleix Vidal - Mario Balotelli - Michael Hector - Fabio Carvalho - Aleksandar Mitrović

Attachments

• 20210803123232_1.jpg
    20210803123232_1.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 11
At the moment we are in December and it's fair to say that for a newly promoted club into the toughest league in the world, we are doing really well!
I am feeling great here and the players are too.

We managed to grab our first win in matchday 3 against Newcastle after we drew to Leeds in the opening match of the season and after loosing to Palace.
In the process we've surprisingly beaten Chelsea and Tottenham back to back. Sadly we've got knocked out from the F.A. Cup with a huge loss to Leeds.
Then we undeservingly lost to Man City at the Etihad 3-1 and won against Aston Villa in the 89th minute thanks to Jamie Vardy!
Karma hit back instantly because we threw away three points in the following match against Wolves when they managed to draw level in stoppage time.
Arsenal was a huge test for us, conceded after only two minutes and then Bartłomiej Drągowski got sent off after a horrendous foul on Muriqi.
I had no reserve goalkeeper on the bench and had to put out a player so I chose Josh Onomah. We drew level right at the start of the second half by a solo goal from Jérémy Doku and on the 85th minute Muriqi double their lead with a shot from outside the box where Josh Onomah could have done better.
We all thought it was all over but 13 seconds before the end of stoppage time, Dušan Vlahović found the net with a terrific header from a corner :)
Last but not least, Jamie Vardy scored a brace against his former club Leicester in a 2-0 victory.
We deservingly won at Old Trafford to Manchester United, the most club I've won with as a player, 3-1 in our best match of the season yet, only to not show up at Anfield in a well deserved 2-0 loss.

I was already shortlisting players for the winter transfer market but right after the Liverpool game, I received a call from Edward Woodward!!!
He offered me the job at Manchester United! I did not know what to say except for yes, yes, yes!
I've got thrree more offers but as I've already stated, I was not looking to move away from Craven Cottage but come on, how could I've said no to the club I've won everything with as a player?!

With a heavy heart I left Fulham for the second time and probably the final time. New club, new goals, same mentality.
Welcome to the Theatre of Dreams. Manchester United, lining up 5th in the table just 2 points above Fulham.
I've had the worst start we could possibly have, got knocked out at home to Leeds in the FA Cup for the second time this season... after I lost to them with Fulham. It seems that they really got my number. We conceded two goals in the end. To be fair, I tried some new young players in this match.
After the first match, we've signed Dayot Upamecano, Rodrigo Bentancur and Erling Haaland.
In my first Premier League match with Manchester United, we beat Sheffield United 2-1 at home, where I've put Haaland with the starting 11.
Believe me when I say that Haaland did not touch the ball more than twice in the 1st half and he still managed to score a brace. First goal arrived at the 26th minute from a corner with that being his first touch of the game and the other came from a penalty that he won on the 36th minute. He's just an animal.

Attachments

• 20210810204942_1.jpg
    20210810204942_1.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210814184444_1.jpg
    20210814184444_1.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210814190302_1.jpg
    20210814190302_1.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Life at Manchester was going great, we got off on a fantastic note in February after we got knocked out by Leeds and lost the derby to Man City.
You may find some of the results and goals in the gallery. We've stepped up against the likes of Arsenal, Leicester and Liverpool.

On the 21st March we surpassed Tottenham Hotspurs in the league table after a very narrow victory against Liverpool thanks to Haaland.
On 2nd April, Manchester United confirmed the signing on loan of Cristiano Ronaldo for next season. The Red Devils managed to get through both Leverkusen and PSV in the knockouts of the Europa League. Fulham v Man Utd, it arrived too soon but I was ready, we were ready!
Mason Greenwood made it look easy with a hat-trick in a 4-1 victory at the Craven Cottage.
With three matches remaining for the title triumph, Home to Newcastle, away at Everton and for the final match of the season home against Chelsea.

UEFA Europa League semi final against Borussia Dortmund, once again another familiar club for myself.
We conceded early at the Signal Iduna Park but Marcus Rashford came to the rescue in the 2nd half. Both Sancho and Haaland were very unlucky and couldn't find the net in their previous stadium. In the 2nd leg, we took matter into our own hands where Erling Haaland scored a very difficult volley set up by another former player, Jadon Sancho in just only 5 minutes. It was a close 60 minutes until Jadon Sancho and Erling Haaland set up a one-two goal together for a more comfortable result of 2-0. On the 75th minute, Erling Haaland finished off the match with an open score header, but it still wasn't enough because on the 95th minute he found the net with a beautiful header dipped into the net to seal his hat-trick against his beloved Borussia Dortmund.
We shall be meeting Tottenham Hotspurs in the final of the UEFA Europa League.

Attachments

• 20210829151723_1.jpg
    20210829151723_1.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210829153558_1.jpg
    20210829153558_1.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210831132357_1.jpg
    20210831132357_1.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210831132400_1.jpg
    20210831132400_1.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The final days of the season were approaching and we needed to stay focused. Three days following the 2nd leg of the semi final, Tottenham Hotspurs reached me with a job offer, just eleven days before our final against them!

We confronted Everton away from home, were we only needed a draw to secure the league title. We won 2-0 thanks to Greenwood & Haaland. The scenes were incredible at the Goodison Park, we won the f*cking Premier League!!! This was my first silverware as a manager and my 1st ever Premier League title. It really is the Theatre of Dreams because I've won it all here.

The UEFA Europa League final arrived and we were all on our nerves for this, who wouldn't?
Luckily the final was held at Old Trafford, our home. The first 30 minutes where tough and heart breaking, we conceded on the 28th minute and right after at the 31st minute, both goals by Jonathan Ikone. You could imagine what was going through our mind at that time...
Jadon Sancho pulled one back on the 42nd minute, right before half time.

It was going to be a long second half but that was all that's left for this season so we had to give it our all.
Early in the second half, on the 51st minute Erling Haaland drew level and Old Trafford erupted with all the noise and chants! We were back in the game with more than half an hour of football yet to be played. On the 72nd minute a controversary scenario which in the end led to the match winner were we saw Marcus Rashford collide with Toby Alderweireld in the penalty box leaving Mason Greenwood to pick up the pieces and finish off in the back of the net.
The Comeback Kings are back!! We suffered for the remaining 20 minutes, with lots of pressure and fouls but I'm proud to say we did it.
From 2-0 down, where all I could think of was the play-off final with Barnsley against Fulham a while back.. to 3-2 up! What a way to win a final.

In my first six months at Manchester United I've managed to bring Haaland and secure the Premier League and UEFA Europa League, not bad.
Bruno Fernandes & Marcus Rashford made it to the Premier League Team of the Season. We refused two offers from Barcelona for Marcus, a 111m and a 163m offer. I intend to keep him at the centre of my project here at Manchester United by naming him our first team captain from next season.

Getting ready for the new season, we sold the following players;
Max Gradel - Jonathan David - Axel Tuanzebe - Eric Bailly - Andreas Pereira - Alex Telles - Willian - Nemanja Matic - Hugo Lloris.

And we got these in;
Luka Romero - David Tavares - Kaio Jorge - Joaquin Correa - Dele Alli (L) - Cristiano Ronaldo (L) - Cristian Romero - Ruben Olsen.

We are currently waiting other offers for David James and Rodrigo Bentancur.

20210901165037_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20210901162605_1.jpg
    20210901162605_1.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210901165111_1.jpg
    20210901165111_1.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210901165124_1.jpg
    20210901165124_1.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210901165151_1.jpg
    20210901165151_1.jpg
    622.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210901165319_1.jpg
    20210901165319_1.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210901174204_1.jpg
    20210901174204_1.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Congratulations on winning the Europa League, bro!!!!
Now with CR7 back in your Man U as well, (reflecting reality), you should definitely you should go for the CL next year!! Awesome celebrations!! 🏆 🏆

I find it so interesting that we both are playing cups at the same time, haha. :LOL: :BSCARF:

Last edited:
Congratulations on winning the Europa League, bro!!!!
Now with CR7 back in your Man U as well, (reflecting reality), you should definitely you should go for the CL next year!! Awesome celebrations!! 🏆 🏆

I find it so interesting that we both are playing cups at the same time, haha. :LOL: :BSCARF:
Cheers brother! Congrats also on your save!! good stuff 👌👌

New season's about to begin with a tough match in store. the UEFA Super Cup final against Real Madrid.
A club I've never got the chance to play for but gave me hell as a player and now also as a coach. We lost our first trophy of the season 2-0 to Madrid.
Although it was a 50% 50% balanced match we could not get past their defence which made it impossible for us to score.

We then moved on to the FA Community Shield final against Arsenal at Wembley Stadium where Haaland opens the score after only 9 minutes with a bang!
Greenwood finished the match off in the 83rd minute for a well deserved 2-0 victory.
Premier League's first match was a one to remember with a 3-0 victory against Sheffield United in a perfect match from the Red Devils. The debutants Kaio Jorge (2) & Dele Alli (1) were the two players listed on the scoresheet that afternoon. Fast forward through some matches, the most players that were impressing throughout the season was Kaio Jorge & Joaquin Correa. Surprisingly Luka Romero was making huge improvement every week. His rating was increasing rapidly.

We had a great run in the group stage of the UCL. We've played Juventus in the opening match at Old Trafford. It was a nostalgic moment to come across the Italian fans that one day chanted my name. Manchester United won 3-1 with goals from Haaland (2) & Kaio Jorge in a very intense match. We also had Club Brugge and Crvena Zvezda in our group.

Later in October we were stunned by Norwich City at home in a 3-1 loss which led us to a terrible form. Consequence to that we then lost to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge 6-2. Luckily the following match we turned it around in a 1-0 win to Brugge and confirmed our qualification from the group stages, and with that high morale we went to Anfield and destroyed Liverpool 5-1, special thanks to Marcus Rasfhord's late hat-trick. I've got three offers in January from Leicester City, Zenit St. Petersburg and Deportivo Cali. They were all turned down since the team and I were doing fine.

In January transfer window I fu*ked up big time when I swapped Mason Greenwood with Vinicius Junior since Mason was not getting much playing time.
I've also swapped Daniel James with Samu Castillejo and brought in De Ligt to replace Harry Maguire's transfer to Sheffield United.
Their first match was against my former club Fulham in the FA Cup Round of 16. Samu Castillejo managed to grab a debut goal and Vinicius Junior found the winning goal on the 111st minute of the extra time to secure a 3-2 victory. We've also sold Rodrigo Bentancur to AC Milan. Clearly my time there was showing great affection between me and their managerial board. It wasn't a long journey because at the Quarter Finals we got battered by Tottenham Hotspurs 3-0.

Champions League. I think it was the only thing I've really wanted to win that season but it was a long haul. We got past PSV and Leverkusen to secure a spot in the Semi Finals, easy road until now yes. At the time we were leading the table with 11pts over Chelsea so I thought this was the year we could set our mind on the UCL... We secured the league title on 25th April, three days before our first UCL Semi Final against none other than Real Madrid.
My personal bogey team in all these years as a player and now as a coach.
Eden Hazard opened the score at Old Trafford after 9mins but Cristiano Ronaldo responded in the 21st minute with the Siuuuu celebration.
Our new signing and their ex-player Vinicius doubled our lead in the 33rd minute, that being the last smile on our faces. Eden Hazard doubled their lead to 2-2 early in the second half only for Man City's former poacher, Gabriel Jesus to score a tap in on the 92nd minute. Old Trafford was in total shock.
We all knew that it was going to take a miracle to go through them in the 2nd round and that was right because Mason Greenwood made sure to sign their ticket to the UCL Final by scoring 2/3 from their goals in a 3-0 loss for the Red Devils.

Season was basically over for us, only three to five matches were left with no interest at all.
I was offered a contract renewal from Manchester United and I have to be honest, I thought about it not once but twice.
I was not sure If I could do more for them but I signed the contract again. Two of my former clubs, Watford and Barnsley got promoted to the Premier League and I was really happy for both of them.

Attachments

• 20210902103205_1.jpg
    20210902103205_1.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210902104931_1.jpg
    20210902104931_1.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210902105004_1.jpg
    20210902105004_1.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210906125919_1.jpg
    20210906125919_1.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210906214411_1.jpg
    20210906214411_1.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210906220823_1.jpg
    20210906220823_1.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210907141209_1.jpg
    20210907141209_1.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210907113328_1.jpg
    20210907113328_1.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 4
My third season at Manchester United started off by winning the International Champions Cup pre-season tournament but was followed by losing the FA Community Shield to Chelsea thanks to penalties. We've only signed five players just on loan, Ihattaren, Gravenberch, Pellegri, Palumbo and Morata.

It was a very quiet start to the season for us, we got some good wins against Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea and some tough losses against Man City, Bayern Munchen and Liverpool but on the whole we were doing good. We've made it to the knockout's round of 16 by getting through the group stage with Bayern Munchen, AEK Athens and Villarreal. In December my agent reached out to me with four contract offers from other clubs from abroad.
Young Boys, Guangzhou Evergrande, Atletico Madrid & AC Milan.

I was so confused between staying in Manchester or move away to Madrid or Milan.
AC Milan were sitting in the 8th place while Atletico were sitting 3rd, 10pts behind Barcelona. My heart was telling me to go back to Milan but my mind was telling me to search for a fresh challenge. After some negotiations with my agent I've decided to sign with Atletico Madrid.
One day I'd be willing to come back to Manchester to finish off my career because for my career, Manchester United gave me everything.
Here are the last words for me as a Man Utd manager;

"The total of 5 years of our life together will come to an end next week, but this is the last time we’re here together at Old Trafford for now, which has been my home. It’s an extraordinary stadium, an extraordinary place but of course it’s only that extraordinary - not because it was constructed so superbly - but because all of you have made it what it is. I’ve enjoyed every second I’ve been here, not only here in the stadium but in general with you as a player and as a coach, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. We’ve spent a long period in our lives together, experienced things together and gone through things together and those things stay in your memory in a positive way. I’m taking a huge sack of positive memories with me and I hope you are too.

Thanks to the board, coaching and technical staff, every single player I've played with and got the chance to manage last but not least a very special thank you to you the fans! This will always be my home and for me this will always remain the Theatre of Dreams, the place where I managed to win everything with all of you.

One day we’ll see each other again, we definitely will.

Yours
Damien Ferriggi."

20210907151214_1.jpg20210907113247_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20210909124145_1.jpg
    20210909124145_1.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210911154512_1.jpg
    20210911154512_1.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210911162816_1.jpg
    20210911162816_1.jpg
    558.7 KB · Views: 3
You actually wrote a farewell letter to Man United. That's so awesome. :TU:

Walking away from CR7 and Hazard had to be tough. But ready for a fresh new challenge! Unseating Barcelona and following up on El Cholo Simeone's footsteps! Go Damien Bro!! :RSCARF:

How is your Atletico career going bro?

And also, what happened to Malta national team? Were you able to qualify them or make it interesting in the qualifying stage??

Can't wait to hear your continuation bro! :TU: Awesome job!

How is your Atletico career going bro?

And also, what happened to Malta national team? Were you able to qualify them or make it interesting in the qualifying stage??

Can't wait to hear your continuation bro! :TU: Awesome job!
Hey bro, I should be updating the thread today. Been a little bit busy lately with work and other stuff but this week I got back to this save.
Regarding the Maltese national team, I was very close to qualify for the Euro's but lost some points at the end, realistic results though :(

New Adventure, New Country, New Club : Club Atlético de Madrid, S.A.D

I took over Diego Simeone's hot seat, a big shoes to fill but I was up for a new adventure after a successful spell back at United.
We were sitting at 3rd place and when I started we had a pretty decent start in the league, not that we had any thoughts on competing for the league since we were about 15 points behind Barcelona. We lost 2-1 to Barca and won to Real Madrid 2-1 right after with a late penalty scored by Rodrigo De Paul.

20210914185325_1.jpg

Unfortunately I carried on with my bad luck in the UEFA Champions League when we got knocked out to Benfica 2-1 on aggregate.
We had some up's and down's during that 6 month period but we managed to secure a spot in the UCL play-offs by finishing 4th in the league with 79 points which is pretty good.

20210919203433_1.jpg

I was offered a contract extension which obviously I did not hesitate to sign since I was only about to start my 1st full season with Atletico.
We managed to grab some new signings such as the likes of Kepa, Hakimi, Kean and Adam Hložek and sold the likes of Guendouzi and Icardi.
We secured our UCL Group Stage spot when we beat Borussia Mönchengladbach twice in a 3-1 agg. A very interesting group draws were drawn for myself, we got Young Boys, A.C. Milan and none other than Manchester United.

We got a 126m offer from Chelsea for Oblak in September right after the market closed and I could not refuse that considering Oblak was 34/35 years old.
I instantly offered the same amount for Gianluigi Donnarumma.
Shockingly, Atletico and I could not get a single win after the victory in the UCL play-offs. We lost our first league matches with Getafe and Seville, drew to A.C. Milan and lost home to Young Boys in the first two group stage matches. From 6 league matches we only got 2 points. I was on the verge of being replaced if we had lost the next match which happened to be at home to Manchester United.

20210920163826_1.jpg

Till this very day I still can't understand how we were doing so bad with such great players, all I knew is that we were conceding 3/4 of the attacks we were suffering. Man Utd travelled to us for the 3rd UCL group stage match where my job was on the line for the very first time.
Yari Verschaeren broke the deadlock in just 16 minutes from a direct free-kick. Five minutes later me managed to injure Erling Haaland which obviously made it a bit easier for our defence :) They still gave us hell but for once we kept a clean sheet when Felix Khonde Mambimbi scored our 2nd and final goal in the 92nd minute to pretty much, save my ass.

20210920174010_1.jpg

We won our first league match in matchday 7 in an unconvincing 1-0 win to Eibar right after that confident boost victory against Man Utd.
Manchester United failed to win again in the 2nd match when they lost again 2-0 to Atletico Madrid. I've let the fans down once again when we lost at the Santiago Bernabéu when we lost 1-0 to Real after missing a penalty. Fortunately after that disappointment in the derby we got back on our feet with some well needed victories, climbing from 17th to 5th place in January. Gianluigi Donnarumma arrived in Madrid, signing of the season for us, hoping he'd settle in asap. In January's transfer window apart from Gigi Donnarumma we also brought in 34 y/o Harry Kane and Declan Rice, both on loan.
UCL Round of 16 nightmare was back with me once again when we went toe to toe with Inter, losing the first leg at the Giuseppe Meazza 3-1 and the second leg 2-1.

20211002130532_1.jpg

Before we played Inter in the second leg we climbed to 3rd place following 3 consecutive victories against Real Madrid, Valladolid and Valencia.

20211002133120_1.jpg

Last edited:
Young Boys, Milan, and Manchester United! A tough group, for sure.. That was a dramatic match against your former team, pretty much it was win or probably you would've gotten replaced. Thankfully, Verschaeren and Mambimbi stepped up the the plate! Too bad about inter though..

Also, very nice comeback after a difficult beginning of the season! Sometimes it takes the players a while to gel, especially after taking over a new manager. I have a question though.. What tactics are you playing? I'd love to hear how you are organizing your team tactically.. :TU:

Keep it up bro!!

Last edited:
Young Boys, Milan, and Manchester United! A tough group, for sure.. That was a dramatic match against your former team, pretty much it was win or probably you would've gotten replaced. IThankfully, Verschaeren and Mambimbi stepped up the the plate! Too bad about inter though..

Also, very nice comeback after a difficult beginning of the season! Sometimes it takes the players a while to gel, especially after taking over a new manager. I have a question though.. What tactics are you playing? I'd love to hear how you are organizing your team tactically.. :TU:

Keep it up bro!!
Hi bro, just seen this sorry for the delay.
I'm actually wondering as we speak on how to get Klashmann's tactic in my game.

At the moment I'm using a 4-2-2-2 formation. Don't mind the starting 11.
I'll post the tactic settings later

20210928175352_1.jpg

Last edited:
After that UCL disappointment once again, we had only one focus left and that was to try and win as much as we could from the remaining La Liga matches. I knew that after that horrendous start to the season it was difficult to challenge for the title but that was our only remaining goal of this season.
We promptly battered Barcelona 4-2 in one of my best matches yet as an Atletico coach.

From that match onwards we went on an impressive unbeaten streak with a few draws in the process for quite some time. The most helpful thing was that we did not drop points with mid and lower table teams :) At the end of April, beginning of May we found ourselves catching Real Madrid in the title race.
We were playing the best football since I've took in charge of the club, we were all happy to turn around the season like that, we actually could win the title in the last match of the season where we were standing 2nd just 2pts below Real Madrid whom dropped some points in the latter stage of the season.

Real Madrid confronted Osasuna at the Santiago Bernabeu while we welcomed Celta Vigo at the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium.
We did our part and secured another victory, 3-1 but Real Madrid closed the curtain of the season by being crowned La Liga Champions after a very narrow 1-0 victory against Osasuna. I was really gutted and so were the players but quite frankly I was very proud of them, it wasn't an easy task to win the league after wasting the first 10 matches of the season. Ironically, we still ended up having the most wins in the league. A trophyless season but a very strong squad build has been created throughout this difficult season which was looking very promising for the upcoming season.

20211004191257_1.jpg

Right before the end of the season, I've received offers from Sevilla, Istanbul Basakeshir, Red Bull Bragantino and A.C. Milan once again.
As promising as Atletico's squad has been looking for the last couple of months, I thought I'd stick around for some more time but unfortunately the board's feelings were not mutual. Out of nowhere I've been sacked from Atletico Madrid. The first sack of my career.
I mean I know we've started the season on the wrong foot but we almost won the league!! No conversations whatsoever were held with the management regarding my position.

20211004220903_1.jpg

I was left with no option rather to rush to my agent and negotiate with the one club that intrigued me which of course it was A.C. Milan for all the history I've wrote with them as a player. This will be my second adventure with a club that I've played for before.

20211004220944_1.jpg

20211004221057_1.jpg

Obviously I did my homework before agreeing to take the job and what I've found left me with huge disbelieve...
A.C. Milan had just won the UEFA Champions League, Coppa Italia and placed 3rd in the Scudetto race! It's going to be tough to top that haha :P
I've sold the 7 players Giroud, Taarabt, Bentancur, Bennacer, Ismael Gutierrez, Sancet & Aitor and brought in 9 whom 4 of them are permanent, Kaio Jorge, Adama Traore, Tanguy Nianzou and Janis Antiste whilethe other 5 signings are on 1-year-loan deal, Sergej Milinković-Savić, André Onana, Jeremie Boga, Mounir Chouiar and Adil Aouchiche.

This is my team before the start of the season...

20211006151755_1.jpg

20211006151800_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20211004180851_1.jpg
    20211004180851_1.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211004191254_1.jpg
    20211004191254_1.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20211004223614_1.jpg
    20211004223614_1.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 3
Man, it's so weird. You almost win the title, and a few games later you're sacked. :?

You know what, it's alright. I've never been a huge fan of Atleti to begin with, I much prefer AC Milan!! :LOL:

Hope you can take them all the way to the promiseland bro!!

Back
Top Bottom