PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Nesa gameplay is just a "PES2018.exe"... You´ll need to rename back the original .EXE before going to multiplayer. I guess there is no custom patch with CPK compatible with online. All edit teams recommend setting "UDP Port=0"

thanks. i have settled for nesa + pes galaxy patch. [i have given up on smoke patch and have fifa 18 if I want to satisfy that world cup itch.]

i have improved the stutter situation - not enough for me to take my PC team online without expecting issues but enough for me to say that my time in 2018 MyClub was not wasted because I can play a satisfying game vs COM after Alt-tabbing every so often.

Hi @incas36 .

I've just been through some older threads on evo-web - [btw the amount of work guys like you and nesa do for the game is insane. Respect to that]

II dabbled with cpk in the past but after reading your threads I can tell I did it in random order without understanding what I was doing....is the graphic below in the correct order?

Also, do you know where I can get nesa's broadcast gameplay tool for PES 2018 - all I find is dead links - and in what position would it go in the cpk?

Thank you

upload_2018-11-27_22-50-2.png

^^^^^^^^^^
Can anybody help me out here?

I've had a look at the threads but still not certain?

The thought of having to experiment/trial and error to get this to work - especially after literally days/months of doing this with past PES' - just pushes me to look elsewhere for my gaming fix

EDIT : Forget it - I've sorted it with a bit of experimentation. Thanks anyways

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^
Can anybody help me out here?
EDIT : Forget it - I've sorted it with a bit of experimentation. Thanks anyways
Just saw this one - for future reference:

any hard crash after adding new cpk; reorder them, regenerate the list helps. New cpk still crashing; maybe it is corrupt.

gameplay stuff like dt18 mods; best to back up original dt18 (just rename it) and add new one into the /Data folder.

@Topaz posting here as to not clutter the FIFA/PES compare thread.
I actually played a couple of games and saw some things I really liked. I am usually not one to notice what you said about dribbling but man do they feel a bit less rigid vs the newer games. I've played vanilla so far and killed the AI in TP, then got walloped in SS. Are you using any other mods you recommend? Anything for 19/20 kit and roster? Gonna try Nesa patch now... I just wanted to see how vanilla was
I've actually gotten a few fouls, and was pretty happy to be able to score from crosses. Obviously in a few more games the novelty will wear off, but for now Ill keep playing it

@Topaz posting here as to not clutter the FIFA/PES compare thread.
I actually played a couple of games and saw some things I really liked. I am usually not one to notice what you said about dribbling but man do they feel a bit less rigid vs the newer games. I've played vanilla so far and killed the AI in TP, then got walloped in SS. Are you using any other mods you recommend? Anything for 19/20 kit and roster? Gonna try Nesa patch now... I just wanted to see how vanilla was
I've actually gotten a few fouls, and was pretty happy to be able to score from crosses. Obviously in a few more games the novelty will wear off, but for now Ill keep playing it

I am liking the variety of goals the AI is scoring against me in PES 2018 as opposed to turn and shoot goals that I conceded in PES 2020. Sadly I am using the Pesgalaxy patch for 2017/18. Haven't found any updated patch. Also with Nesa's gameplay patch, I noticed that good CPU dribblers actually dribble past you if you are not very careful and fast players like Aubameyang and Sterling can push the ball forward and attempt to run past my slow Alonso. So far I am really enjoying it. Although I am worried when the script starts kicking in again. My matches averages around 4-7 fouls against me and 5-9 fouls for me and usually a penalty every 2-3 matches(I dribble with Hazard and they just slide tackle him at certain points). Also saw a couple of red cards and a lot of yellow cards too.

Had a really fun but difficult starting match against Stoke:

What difficulty is it on? I had a great goal by the AI in whcih Diego Costa just hit it full force from outside the box. looked great, wish I took a video. Liking the random AI goals, BUT... anyway to defend the AI lobbed through-pass to the attacker? Seems they really like that approach
Im trying Nesa patch and liking it... I somehow feel the difficulty went up with it....

Edit: have you tried matt10l 5 second fix for your team so the game is not so end to end? seems to improve the open spaces a bit

What difficulty is it on? I had a great goal by the AI in whcih Diego Costa just hit it full force from outside the box. looked great, wish I took a video. Liking the random AI goals, BUT... anyway to defend the AI lobbed through-pass to the attacker? Seems they really like that approach
Im trying Nesa patch and liking it... I somehow feel the difficulty went up with it....

Edit: have you tried matt10l 5 second fix for your team so the game is not so end to end? seems to improve the open spaces a bit

Nope I haven't tried to adjust the openness yet but probably should. As for how to defend the long ball spam, I noticed that some teams loves to do it whereas other teams don't. Like with Arsenal, they were putting a lot of normal passes and through pass to Aubameyang whereas teams like Burnley and Stoke just hoof the ball hoping one of their tall striker gets in a good position. I find players with higher Defensive Awareness stat can handle the hoof ball better. But if you go deep defensive line, it solves that problem but then CPU starts threatening with a lot of long shots instead.

Nope I haven't tried to adjust the openness yet but probably should. As for how to defend the long ball spam, I noticed that some teams loves to do it whereas other teams don't. Like with Arsenal, they were putting a lot of normal passes and through pass to Aubameyang whereas teams like Burnley and Stoke just hoof the ball hoping one of their tall striker gets in a good position. I find players with higher Defensive Awareness stat can handle the hoof ball better. But if you go deep defensive line, it solves that problem but then CPU starts threatening with a lot of long shots instead.

I've been messing with positioning with the team sheets and seems I'm getting better games and less lobbed passes. I recommend you try it. Also, found Smokepatch and installed it. It has the 19/20 season in case you want it. Really enjoying the exhibitions I'm playing, the variety of goals. I know ML is going to script the hell out of me so I'll try normal league.

I've been messing with positioning with the team sheets and seems I'm getting better games and less lobbed passes. I recommend you try it. Also, found Smokepatch and installed it. It has the 19/20 season in case you want it. Really enjoying the exhibitions I'm playing, the variety of goals. I know ML is going to script the hell out of me so I'll try normal league.

I am in like the 10th game on my season in Master League and as far as the scripting goes, it's less obvious in this game than PES 2020. It's mostly passing and stamina that gets affected with scripting and you can easily get around it. Does the 19/20 season patch needs it's own .exe or does it support Nesa's gameplay patch?

I am in like the 10th game on my season in Master League and as far as the scripting goes, it's less obvious in this game than PES 2020. It's mostly passing and stamina that gets affected with scripting and you can easily get around it. Does the 19/20 season patch needs it's own .exe or does it support Nesa's gameplay patch?

Let me try it tonight and I'll let you know before you download. I know I made a copy of Nesa before installing in case it would override it and I've actually been enjoying vanilla.

I don't know why this is my least played pes. Im having very enjoyable games. It has its quirks but still...
I wonder if more fixes could be done changing the dt18 like 19 or 20.

Let me try it tonight and I'll let you know before you download. I know I made a copy of Nesa before installing in case it would override it and I've actually been enjoying vanilla.

I don't know why this is my least played pes. Im having very enjoyable games. It has its quirks but still...
I wonder if more fixes could be done changing the dt18 like 19 or 20.

I definitely think fixing dt18 will improve physicality aspect and those spacing issue could always be fixed too. I guess I can start digging inside the files and see what I can come up with.

I definitely think fixing dt18 will improve physicality aspect and those spacing issue could always be fixed too. I guess I can start digging inside the files and see what I can come up with.

I actually just found an old thread in the editing section where @incas36 managed to change some values, however no one gave feedback. I remember he saved pes19 with his dt18 so ill give this a try tomorrow. Have to make sure I play more vanilla to not get placebo.

I just played an exhibition with smoke patch and nesa .exe and didn't have any problems. The patch didn't touch that file as it still had the date of when I installed the game. In case you want to try it, they make it very easy to install adboards, stadiums and scoreboards as well

I actually just found an old thread in the editing section where @incas36 managed to change some values, however no one gave feedback. I remember he saved pes19 with his dt18 so ill give this a try tomorrow. Have to make sure I play more vanilla to not get placebo.

I just played an exhibition with smoke patch and nesa .exe and didn't have any problems. The patch didn't touch that file as it still had the date of when I installed the game. In case you want to try it, they make it very easy to install adboards, stadiums and scoreboards as well

Have to try that. I just ended up destroying Man City 4-0 after they scared me for the first 30 mins. But they are so bad in air.

Have to try that. I just ended up destroying Man City 4-0 after they scared me for the first 30 mins. But they are so bad in air.

Just tried a modded dt18 file and SS played so much better, so there is def room from improvement and tinkering. Hope you know how to edit those files because I have no idea but its promising. In superstar I was able to keep up and the AI wasn't as frustrating. There's still some BS, but less BS as I felt the reaction from the AI wasn't so automatic.

Just tried a modded dt18 file and SS played so much better, so there is def room from improvement and tinkering. Hope you know how to edit those files because I have no idea but its promising. In superstar I was able to keep up and the AI wasn't as frustrating. There's still some BS, but less BS as I felt the reaction from the AI wasn't so automatic.

Going to start tinkering with the edit files. I lost against Man Utd 2-1 and changed the tactics(flexible positioning, attacking fullback, etc) then ended up with this scoreline on the next matchbattered.jpg

Going to start tinkering with the edit files. I lost against Man Utd 2-1 and changed the tactics(flexible positioning, attacking fullback, etc) then ended up with this scoreline on the next matchView attachment 46933

Would you mind linking the scoreboard. I've been looking for one for a while in the editing section and didnt find a good one for EPL. Unless ones from other years work.

Ive been having better games (less open space) when i change my positioning and turn on fluid formations. Been having great games in the league but once CL game came, AI was untouchable and perfect as a lowly russian team

Unfortunatelythe dt18 I wanted to try wasnt available anymore. It was for pro difficulty but with values from SS, so hopefully less script. Waiting to see if inca still has it somewhere

Would you mind linking the scoreboard. I've been looking for one for a while in the editing section and didnt find a good one for EPL. Unless ones from other years work.

Ive been having better games (less open space) when i change my positioning and turn on fluid formations. Been having great games in the league but once CL game came, AI was untouchable and perfect as a lowly russian team

Unfortunatelythe dt18 I wanted to try wasnt available anymore. It was for pro difficulty but with values from SS, so hopefully less script. Waiting to see if inca still has it somewhere

It's the scoreboard that comes with Pesgalaxy. The default BBC one.

Played PES 2018 a while ago.

I played PES 2018 on PC with and without mods. PES 2015, PES 2016 and PES 2017 graphical fidelity is closer to Xbox 360 / PS3 counterparts instead of Xbox One / PS4 version. With the PES 2018, PES on PC finally got current-gen graphics. Animations are slow. Gameplay is significantly slower than earlier titles, it's so different that it starts a new era in PES series. It may be frustrating, unresponsive and unfun at the first glance but if it clicks for you, it will feel so matured in terms of gameplay. Even PES 2018 still feels arcade, it's a very matured arcade football game like you can call it "simcade". My video shows both unmodified and modded gameplay, you can distinguish them by fake / real kits.

I will continue with PES 2019 and PES 2020

00:00-03:29 : PES 2018 Vanilla gameplay
03:29-05:55 : PTE 5.1 2017-18 gameplay

Back
Top Bottom