PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I just played a cup game on superstar and wanted to be an average team against the big boys, so chose Southampton. I really wanted it to be a super tough tournament. 1st game against Bayern I get 73% of possession and win 3-0. Set the tournament up again on top player and put myself against Bayern and get 53% of possession and win 4-1. Playing on PA0 and basic shooting.

Was a bit disappointed with superstar and a bit disappointed with the challenge. Such an amazing game but really wishing it was a bit harder on the higher difficulties.

then might be about time to wear the big man pants an start playing on full manual....i wanna see if you can have those stats on manual passing and manual shooting...

I just played a cup game on superstar and wanted to be an average team against the big boys, so chose Southampton. I really wanted it to be a super tough tournament. 1st game against Bayern I get 73% of possession and win 3-0. Set the tournament up again on top player and put myself against Bayern and get 53% of possession and win 4-1. Playing on PA0 and basic shooting.

Was a bit disappointed with superstar and a bit disappointed with the challenge. Such an amazing game but really wishing it was a bit harder on the higher difficulties.

Stick it on manual shooting and come back. :O

Last edited:
Was just about to start a co-op league with my mate on shareplay. Turns out that its disabled and shareplay only works on exhibition mode :( gutted. Is it normal for shareplay to be restricted like that?

Was just about to start a co-op league with my mate on shareplay. Turns out that its disabled and shareplay only works on exhibition mode :( gutted. Is it normal for shareplay to be restricted like that?

Yeah, tried it with a buddy of mine before and weren't able to do it either. It works in CL, UEFA Cup modes and some others though.

agree, they sound like chopped up audio files pieced together.... it sucks!

That's actually exactly how sports-game commentary works.. :COAT:

BTW, we really do not give KONAMI enough credit for what it achieves with a relatively tiny budget. It suggests there's a lot of money-wasting going on over at EA.

Playing this game daily....still liking it...still playing myclub against COM....guess I´ll try on of those OF´s soon.

One thing bugs me though and I got used to not throwing the ball off the keeper anymore!
Keeper got the ball, I load up the X button to the max, but either he throws it flat or (WTF???) rolls it hard on the ground.
Conceded quite a few goals like that, as the ball got caught by the opponent striker.
there are 3 different ways to do it,
1. lock on a player
2. triangle pass "like a through ball"
3. x pass bye way of meter

Exactly my thoughts also. There is such a thing as being so bad, its good. That applies to PES commentary. Especially the old stuff.

I mean who the hell takes it serious when its not even trying to be. You can't but laugh at the good ol;

"Its a counter-raid"

"Hammer n tongs"

"Hard fought match" ... 2 minutes in.

The game has always had a sense of humour. When the gameplays good people have a laugh with and at it. When the gameplays bad, then it becomes a thing to poke a stick with.
i actually like PES 6 commentary it's just perfect for it's time

agree, they sound like chopped up audio files pieced together.... it sucks!

Fifa commentary is worse . .that small talk bullshit from Tyler is embarrassing designed to make kids feel like they're watching Sky sports . . .. it was the same when I think Ally mcCoist was on it. .. . just sounds so false. . .Pes commentary has improved in the last couple of years

then might be about time to wear the big man pants an start playing on full manual....i wanna see if you can have those stats on manual passing and manual shooting...
for me i love manual shooting and passing, i feel it's more realistic, your players have to be in good position to make a good strong pass or shot, and stats matter also. First touch seems more noticeable on manual. Shoots don't look like cannons on broadcast camera either... love it.

Fifa commentary is worse . .that small talk bullshit from Tyler is embarrassing designed to make kids feel like they're watching Sky sports . . .. it was the same when I think Ally mcCoist was on it. .. . just sounds so false. . .Pes commentary has improved in the last couple of years
don't get me wrong, what i don't like about fifa's is the commentary team, but unlike PES there's no dead air. also i can't stand jim beglin......:ZZZ:

Last edited:

Play with shooting on manual, it's still heavily stat based but body positioning and wrong foot are taken more into account, also you have to aim right where u want to shoot for goal whereas basic shooting corrects your faults most times and you shoot rockets and perfect upper corner goals.

I'm also playing on professional, I haven't tried playing with a top team, tried my ML in the Serie B with Bari, but for now professional is the right difficulty level for me. I thought it would be easy when I won the first two matches of my ML, but the following 3 ended in defeat so it's not easy at all for me. Tried Top Player and got dominated. I also like how even the match stats is on professional.

Are you playing with a second division team? most of their stadiums are usually half empty.

Mostly with Juventus vs man city Man U etc. big teams

Got to say I'm loving advanced shooting. Can put the ball anywhere you want direction wise and the players ability does the rest. It's difficult to get off show under pressure, but I'm getting better at it...actually feels realistic that when pressured it's hard to door and aim at same time.

If your shots are hitting the bar, then I guarantee it's because you're actually not aiming, next time it happens notice where you've actually got the left stick pointed. Was happening to me and then I realised I just thought I was aiming but wasn't, with advanced if you don't aim properly you're hitting woodwork. Also remember that it's not a power bar but a height bar.

Manual is even better feels more free and more shot variation depending on player position. Still heavily stat based.

Guys, I want to thank all of the members here in this forum who play manual. After reading all of your posts I decided to Try it. Now this game feels like real football. All the attributes of individual players is staggering! I'm playing totenham in my ML and Erickson is the go to guy. All of the attacks comes through him.
And set pieces are important more than ever when I play manual.
Last night i beat shalke and both goals came from headers in free kick and both were assisted by Erickson. The manual game play is just beautiful!
Sure Pes sucks when it comes to online and i hope we get stable online in near future.But as of now i have left the online.

Sorry if people have already replied to these posts but playing catch up at the moment, I'm about 2 pages behind.

Thanks. Unfortunately it turns out that it didn't save all of the highlights and just saved the kick off!

It's weird how it works sometimes. . .i'm still learning . .I ended up trying to save a first half and all I got was a screenshot of a throw in

Try this...

1. Have your cursor on 'Highlights' but don't press it yet.
2. Press the 'Share' button.
3. Come out of share, I think it's 'Circle' or 'Share' button again.
4. Then start the highlights.
5. Let it play until the end.
6. Press the 'Share' button
7. Then press 'Square' to save video.

Takes a while to get used to. Like when I'm saving an in game replay. While the players a celebrating i follow steps '2, 3, 5-7'.

Another thing that I will try later. Is to record the whole match. And then in the section where it saves, trim the video.

It's a shame the highlights mess up the goal replays. They always change the camera half way through. I really hate that on TV too where they show the build up to a goal but right at the best bit they change to the camera that is on the floor behind the goal. Why is that?!!!

Also Deco that commentary you mentioned earlier. "More! And more!! And more!!! And more!!!!" It's so funny but when you are being beaten 4-0 it can cause tempers to rise.

Are they ever going to fix the servers so the online games don't feel like NHL Hockey????

I got a message last week when starting up the game that they are working on it so hopefully it will be more stable soon. PES 2016 got much more stable a couple of weeks after launch. The slight button lag from time to time will be hard to get rid of though I guess...

Back
Top Bottom