PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Right. Which one of you handsome mofos has Option File for this?

Doesn't matter which season. Can be 2017 season. I just feel that I need to install and upgrade all the older Pes games before option files are lost forever

The only negative I have with PES 2017 and granted, I play on default assists - it gets easy after a while (I'm playing with Spurs so have good players so bear that in mind as well).

It's the 'easiest' Fox Engine PES for sure. A lovely game and the CPU doesn't talk BS like it does in most of the releases since then but yeah, PES 2017 doesn't challenge enough in Superstar for me.

Disclaimer: I'm always going on about football games being easy like I'm some god - I'm not :LOL: For some reason in PES 2017 I find the CPU a little passive at times. I beat Real Madrid earlier 2-0 without breaking a sweat, didn't have to fight for the result at all.

Maybe I'll play as a Sky Bet Champ or Serie B side on my next save.
I feel like added responsiveness in these games usually comes at the cost of them being too easy

Been jumping about on different versions of PES.

I've come to the conclusion this week, this is the best modern PES made.

It has everything - unpredictable moments, you can dribble, pull off skill moves, score some worldies, the AI dribbles and beats your defenders and the physicality is brilliant.

I've played 3 games tonight.

1st one, ball over the top, goes loose, their 'keeper comes rushing out, I get to it just before him and he clatters me. Pen and yellow card for GK. Lovely.

2nd game, not much happening then the AI give it to their winger. He does a drag back, beats 1, jinks round the 2nd of my defenders then crashes a shot off the post.

3rd game I've just played. I gifted them a goal then they sat back. But that also meant they kicked me to ribbons. Anytime I got into a dangerous position, the AI flattened me. I had about 13 free kicks in a 14min game. I lost 1-0, couldn't create anything clear cut but it was great to see them deploy them tactics to keep me out.

I think I've realised what's been missing from a lot of games I've been trying - fun.

I've downloaded an option file and will get a ML going tomorrow night. I can't bloody wait, I feel like I'm 10 again 😂

Been jumping about on different versions of PES.

I've come to the conclusion this week, this is the best modern PES made.

It has everything - unpredictable moments, you can dribble, pull off skill moves, score some worldies, the AI dribbles and beats your defenders and the physicality is brilliant.

I've played 3 games tonight.

1st one, ball over the top, goes loose, their 'keeper comes rushing out, I get to it just before him and he clatters me. Pen and yellow card for GK. Lovely.

2nd game, not much happening then the AI give it to their winger. He does a drag back, beats 1, jinks round the 2nd of my defenders then crashes a shot off the post.

3rd game I've just played. I gifted them a goal then they sat back. But that also meant they kicked me to ribbons. Anytime I got into a dangerous position, the AI flattened me. I had about 13 free kicks in a 14min game. I lost 1-0, couldn't create anything clear cut but it was great to see them deploy them tactics to keep me out.

I think I've realised what's been missing from a lot of games I've been trying - fun.

I've downloaded an option file and will get a ML going tomorrow night. I can't bloody wait, I feel like I'm 10 again 😂
This is exactly how I feel about 2017, it’s my favourite iteration of PES and I’m currently in the 2053 season of my ML save with Arsenal😂in PES 2021 I couldn’t even bare to get past 2 seasons

So I recently jumped in I found a workbable option file and got a few games in and I'm totally in love with this game. Its very responsive but theres a certain physicality and weight to the players and the ball is very loose, if you over dribble the ball gets nicked away. Im sure some tween complained about this and it was taken away

I've turned back to PES 2017 as well for the past two weeks, playing an old save on my Xbox master league and things were a bit strange at the beginning, but now it clicked and it's so hard to go back to PES 2021. There's a sense of randomness, there's a feeling of easy defending in a realistic way, the manual passing actually feels good and free, but with a minor assistance just enough to avoid frustration... It's a very balanced game. And also, the referees, so much better! They're not affraid of showing yellow and red cards, or giving penalties.

Also love the fact that GK's are not super human, you can actually catch them on the wrong foot and so on.

The only thing that I remember being a problem at the time was the similar pace to every player, but I understand it's part of the mechanics to keep the game interesting, and outpacing the CPU is actually a contextual thing rather than just keep the sprint button pressed all the time. It works, and the overall experience is great! Loving it!

Back
Top Bottom