PES 2016: Is gameplay perfect? All-In-One

I have a lot of fun with PES2015, i guess i am stupid?

Wait, am i stupid too?

It's just that people who complain about the game are much more vocal than people enjoying it.

Pes 2015 is a good/great game. Sometimes good, sometimes great. It also has a lot of flaws but hopefully Pes 2016 will solve most of those flaws.

Regarding the last two posts: I enjoy PES 2015 as well, I've stated that many times on this forum. But this need for some to defend even the OBVIOUS broken aspects of the game is downright ludicrous. I mean seriously... when people are inventing excuses and claiming that the broken aspects of the game are intentionally programmed badly in order to make the game more accessible and fun, then you know there's no actual desire to have an honest conversation. And comments about people complaining for complaining sake are just as fraudulent.

The defensive slider/setting effectiveness in FIFA 15 is close to flawless, call it 9.5 out of 10. By comparison, the defensive slider/setting effectiveness in PES 2014 works quite well, 7 out of 10. The defensive slider/setting effectiveness in PES 2015 is broken beyond repair, a 3 out of 10. This by far is the biggest issue with the game, it's half a working game at this point. And the PES 2016 videos show that the issue has yet to be fixed. I'm interested in having a real dialogue on these topics, and apparently the OP is as well. At the very least this thread can serve to wake people up to this major flaw in the game, it might even save some here a bunch of money this year. Because I'm sure not considering buying PES 2016 at this point, not unless it's absolutely clear this issue is addressed.

Last edited:
Regarding the last two posts: I enjoy PES 2015 as well, I've stated that many times on this forum. But this need for some to defend even the OBVIOUS broken aspects of the game is downright ludicrous. I mean seriously... when people are inventing excuses and claiming that the broken aspects of the game are intentionally programmed badly in order to make the game more accessible and fun, then you know there's no actual desire to have an honest conversation. And comments about people complaining for complaining sake are just as fraudulent.

The defensive slider/setting effectiveness in FIFA 15 is close to flawless, call it 9.5 out of 10. By comparison, the defensive slider/setting effectiveness in PES 2014 works quite well, 7 out of 10. The defensive slider/setting effectiveness in PES 2015 is broken beyond repair, a 3 out of 10. This by far is the biggest issue with the game, it's half a working game at this point. And the PES 2016 videos show that the issue has yet to be fixed. I'm interested in having a real dialogue on these topics, and apparently the OP is as well. At the very least this thread can serve to wake people up to this major flaw in the game, it might even save some here a bunch of money this year. Because I'm sure not considering buying PES 2016 at this point, not unless it's absolutely clear this issue is addressed.

Agreed with every single thing you said up until this:))

Nonsense. You don't make a game "accessible and fun" by breaking it. A game that is broken isn't fun, period. And PES 2015 is broken: is completely and utterly broken defensively and positionally. It's broken in the exact manner the OP pointed out with regards to all the various PES 2016 videos we've seen so far. It was a brilliant post that clearly shows what's fundamentally wrong with this game. The OP is rightly asking if any of this been fixed for 2016. And it sure doesn't look like it's been fixed. I noticed the same broken defensive coding in the earliest 2016 video that was released, it was the first thing I looked for.

Will it be fixed? We don't know yet. But dismissing the broken defensive coding as something Konami does on purpose to make the game accessible and fun, is absurd.

PES 2011-2013 had defensive positioning nailed better than any football game because 2012-13 players where very responsive in their movement. Those where running on a beefed up PS2 engine though so there where no issues in movement preventing players from running back and forwards into their designated positions depending on the strategy. As I've said many, many times before in PES 2015 players are quite stiff which affects all their movements.

PES 2014 had better formation compactness and so does FIFA 15 in terms of the positioning being more fluid and closer together rather than grid like and spaced out, but both games where riddled with bigger issues which ruin the football experience. So despite this aspect being better in other games, PES 2015 with the grid like off the ball positioning gives a better game than 2014 with the strong points in other areas it shows.

The focus in 2015 was all on the gameplay balanced and uniformed regardless if the formation and defensive positioning was stiff and grid like or fluid.

Broken is when some tries a system and it fails to function, Konami haven't tried to implement the formation position in a more realistic and fluid way like in previous games, this was not their intention, its setup to be this basic on purpose as a structure we saw back in the PS2 days. Konami mastered this from PES 2011-2014, so the fact it isn't there now means they are doing it on purpose and don't want it to show ingame.

Remember the balance/cause and effect which give a certain experience. For the record i'd rather have the better fluid defensive positioning and tighter compactivness.

The defensive slider/setting effectiveness in FIFA 15 is close to flawless, call it 9.5 out of 10. By comparison, the defensive slider/setting effectiveness in PES 2014 works quite well, 7 out of 10. The defensive slider/setting effectiveness in PES 2015 is broken beyond repair, a 3 out of 10. This by far is the biggest issue with the game, it's half a working game at this point. And the PES 2016 videos show that the issue has yet to be fixed. I'm interested in having a real dialogue on these topics, and apparently the OP is as well. At the very least this thread can serve to wake people up to this major flaw in the game, it might even save some here a bunch of money this year. Because I'm sure not considering buying PES 2016 at this point, not unless it's absolutely clear this issue is addressed.[/QUOTE]

I did not play FIFA 15, but I quit PES 2015 a few months after buying it and went back to PES 6 (yes, PES 6). I Cannot agree more to what you just said, the sliders, and the setting that would speed up player defensive return were completelly broken, did not work at all.

To me there were a lot more issues, like the opposing computer AI, which would keep playing the ball on defense, through limitless passing, beacuse their system would tell them to do so. It was near impossible to take the ball back ( I played on Brazilian league -at the master league). I simply quit. Online, for Brazil area, was ridiculous, and the lag cheat was going on all the time (if you were winning online, the oponent would use it - i dont know exactly somehow, and you would be responsible for breaking the connection and then losing the match).

I was wondering what would be PES 16, as I have a PC anc couldnt see a demo.

Thanks for sharing this info.

Cheers all,

Claudio

Back
Top Bottom