PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Unlike everyone else, I don’t really like the gameplay in PES 2013. The fact that a single through pass creates scoring opportunities, along with finesse shots, headers, and goalkeepers. These are the aspects I’d consider weak. But there are so many great details both in the gameplay and in the game as a whole that you don’t really think the downsides.

-The game’s simplicity and responsiveness are excellent.

-Player ID is an incredible innovation; even in today’s games, you don’t see such a wide variety of player-specific animations.

-The Master League interface and details are truly amazing. There are so many incredible details, like the ceremonies held at the stadium when we sign a star player, players coming over to talk to us, and strengthening the coaching staff etc.

-The BAL mode is also fantastic and highly detailed.

-It’s great that all the La Liga teams’ stadiums are included in the game.

There are many more amazing details to mention, and these details are what make this game perfect for me.


 
More than 90. I think fantastic achievement compared to the first year.

https://proevolutionsoccer13.weebly.com/player-id.html
My mistake, I got that number from a neoseeker wiki page. But nonetheless even 90 is not a lot, especially since the majority of these are concentrated in the same few leagues/teams. For example, there is only 1 (!!) non-Bayern Bundesliga player with player ID.
 
Unlike everyone else, I don’t really like the gameplay in PES 2013. The fact that a single through pass creates scoring opportunities, along with finesse shots, headers, and goalkeepers. These are the aspects I’d consider weak. But there are so many great details both in the gameplay and in the game as a whole that you don’t really think the downsides.

-The game’s simplicity and responsiveness are excellent.

-Player ID is an incredible innovation; even in today’s games, you don’t see such a wide variety of player-specific animations.

-The Master League interface and details are truly amazing. There are so many incredible details, like the ceremonies held at the stadium when we sign a star player, players coming over to talk to us, and strengthening the coaching staff etc.

-The BAL mode is also fantastic and highly detailed.

-It’s great that all the La Liga teams’ stadiums are included in the game.

There are many more amazing details to mention, and these details are what make this game perfect for me.



All of those issues you mentioned can be fixed and have been fixed already my friend. That's the best thing about this engine, people have literally changed the inertia and have been able to make the gameplay incredibly realistic.
 
FAKKKKK
Can you point me in the direction of anyone/thread that I can get the needed assistance for idiots
the tools like Kitserver or gameplay tool modifiers ai for the game certainly don't involve altering the engine or system files, they usually operate by modifying memory, and the relevant memory addresses can often be found in the source code.
If you modify the engine's code, you typically need to locate the corresponding code via memory addresses as well. but, a safer approach is to modify the memory, this preserves the game's integrity and basic settings. because modifying the engine could lead to a chain reaction of issues. unless, you have the engine's source code.
As far as I know, "edword can's" gameplay tool is also based on Jenkey's source code, but very few people possess that code, and they use it to create paid patches.
If the PES 2013 community had been as selfless as the communities for PES 5, 6, or 2021, we wouldn't be facing this awkward situation today.
You shouldn't look for shortcuts, this requires many tools and a long period of research and accumulation.
 
Last edited:
the tools like Kitserver or gameplay tool modifiers ai for the game certainly don't involve altering the engine or system files, they usually operate by modifying memory, and the relevant memory addresses can often be found in the source code.
If you modify the engine's code, you typically need to locate the corresponding code via memory addresses as well. but, a safer approach is to modify the memory, this preserves the game's integrity and basic settings. because modifying the engine could lead to a chain reaction of issues. unless, you have the engine's source code.
As far as I know, "edword can's" gameplay tool is also based on Jenkey's source code, but very few people possess that code, and they use it to create paid patches.
If the PES 2013 community had been as selfless as the communities for PES 5, 6, or 2021, we wouldn't be facing this awkward situation today.
You shouldn't look for shortcuts, this requires many tools and a long period of research and accumulation.

you can always reverse engineer that tool to at least get a starting point, does it change the executable or memory? if its executable will be easier just changing a few values compare the executable before and after, otherwise maybe starting with ghidra + AI because at some point must read some values from a config file or similar so those will be good start

PS. and yes documentation it's really important even if you don't make a tool for it
 
the tools like Kitserver or gameplay tool modifiers ai for the game certainly don't involve altering the engine or system files, they usually operate by modifying memory, and the relevant memory addresses can often be found in the source code.
If you modify the engine's code, you typically need to locate the corresponding code via memory addresses as well. but, a safer approach is to modify the memory, this preserves the game's integrity and basic settings. because modifying the engine could lead to a chain reaction of issues. unless, you have the engine's source code.
As far as I know, "edword can's" gameplay tool is also based on Jenkey's source code, but very few people possess that code, and they use it to create paid patches.
If the PES 2013 community had been as selfless as the communities for PES 5, 6, or 2021, we wouldn't be facing this awkward situation today.
You shouldn't look for shortcuts, this requires many tools and a long period of research and accumulation.
I actually did it via more research and was able to thus far successfully, although not knowing what the hell I was doing...to actually change the values with a Hex Editor tool, the link below is just one example that was extremely helpful in guiding me. I have ran short test and have seen no negative impact but it looks as if all the values I've replaced are accurate thus far but I'll keep testing.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Ball+Friction/Resistance:+Look+for+the+string+pattern+00+00+A0+40+(Float:+5.0).+Increasing+this+value+slightly+slows+down+ground+passes+over+long+distances,+forcing+teams+to+play+more+strategically.&rlz=1C1VDKB_enBB1092BB1092&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&source=chrome.ctxt
 
I actually did it via more research and was able to thus far successfully, although not knowing what the hell I was doing...to actually change the values with a Hex Editor tool, the link below is just one example that was extremely helpful in guiding me. I have ran short test and have seen no negative impact but it looks as if all the values I've replaced are accurate thus far but I'll keep testing.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Ball+Friction/Resistance:+Look+for+the+string+pattern+00+00+A0+40+(Float:+5.0).+Increasing+this+value+slightly+slows+down+ground+passes+over+long+distances,+forcing+teams+to+play+more+strategically.&rlz=1C1VDKB_enBB1092BB1092&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&source=chrome.ctxt

Could you provide the specific website link? you gave a Google search link for this yields hundreds of thousands of results.
 
Could you provide the specific website link? you gave a Google search link for this yields hundreds of thousands of results.
Oh, I just went off the google search and tried from the values they provided there into my hex editor. The worked perfectly. I didn't use any specific website.
Screenshot 2026-09-19 234206.png
 
you can always reverse engineer that tool to at least get a starting point, does it change the executable or memory? if its executable will be easier just changing a few values compare the executable before and after, otherwise maybe starting with ghidra + AI because at some point must read some values from a config file or similar so those will be good start

PS. and yes documentation it's really important even if you don't make a tool for it
I have the decompiled pseudocode for PES 2013 version 1.03. if it's useful, I'll post it.
 
Do you need a v 1.04 .exe sent to you?
maybe. I’ve been planning to add some features from version 1.03 to version 1.04. Even though I don’t have the source code, I have a general idea of how to go about it; the differences between the two versions shouldn't be significant—it likely just comes down to the offsets at a few key locations.
 
maybe. I’ve been planning to add some features from version 1.03 to version 1.04. Even though I don’t have the source code, I have a general idea of how to go about it; the differences between the two versions shouldn't be significant—it likely just comes down to the offsets at a few key locations.
The format won't upload here, feel free to drop your email here mate & I'll send that plus the dll file mate.
 
All of those issues you mentioned can be fixed and have been fixed already my friend. That's the best thing about this engine, people have literally changed the inertia and have been able to make the gameplay incredibly realistic.

What setup do you recommend? I have the PE (I think?) patch and can switch between 1.0 and 1.04. I think this game has promise but the floaty ball and through passes kind of ruin it for me. But if they can be fixed, I’d happily give it another go.
 
What setup do you recommend? I have the PE (I think?) patch and can switch between 1.0 and 1.04. I think this game has promise but the floaty ball and through passes kind of ruin it for me. But if they can be fixed, I’d happily give it another go.
Well I originally had been using the vanilla exe. I edited my bin file via Pro editing studio, that's where it all began...
I however made the switch to v 1.04 a few months ago & continued doing the same thing, with the editing tool/edward can/jenkey gameplay tool, you can pretty much change anything you desire. You're even able to go into the config text to make adjustments to the gameplay directly as well.

I downloaded HxD hex editor, searched google and had to learn all about hex-strings/ values etc... & changed the physics of the ball to get rid of the floaty-ball directly as you mentioned above. Heck with that tool you're able to modify the ball to actually behave real, aka having proper surface bounce * ball friction*, deflections, spin etc... I took a really deep dive & was able to add on other gameplay mechanics that improve the standard of play immensely.

Below is just an example of some of the tweaks that can be done via the same gameplay tool ini that you can download with either Jenkey's/Edward Can gameplay tool, which will come with most patches, * I think *.

Though I had to search through the forum's for one that works with v 1.04, & I currently use the EdwardCan v 7.3 gameplay tool that can be used with Pes Edit/PesJp patch v 1.0-1.04 too.

*To implement these gameplay tweaks, you must manually type them into the text files associated with Jenkey1002’s Gameplay Tool or a custom gameplay plugin—you do not use a hex editor. [1, 2]
The custom strings you mentioned (OPTIMIZED_DRIBBLE_ISHIKI_TAMEPASS, OPTIMIZED_SHOOT_DRIVE & VOLLEY, etc.) are variables programmed into AI-override scripts inside custom patches or plugins (such as Yair's Gameplay Plugins, Edward Can's updates, or PESJP Patch). They do not exist as flat text strings inside the vanilla pes2013.exe. [1, 2, 3]*

I recently downloaded the WeBrothers patch that's for the original 2013/14 season just to beautify my game abit & that has been working well. I have kept my blur file in manually, * you don't have to, if you want to disable blur the option is clearly there for you to choose *.


I should have most of the files for the stuff above mentioned, I know it seems like a lot of information but it's easy to navigate through via google searches, if you need assistance, I will help where I can. I can upload some of the files here/via email if that doesn't work.
Right now I'm doing an even deeper dive into trying to get my gameplay to be as realistic as possible, so it's taking a while because of making these adjustments without breaking the gameplay mechanics, etc...
I'm making a HELL of a lot of progress in my estimation however, very good signs. It's just taking forever to finetune into something fluid & better than what's currently out there, within the limits of the engine of course.
 
Hey guys, does anyone know about a retro season patch for PES 2013? Anything from 2000 until 2007. I couldn't find something on this web or elswhere. Thanks in advance
Pro Evolution Soccer
PES 13: Retro Patch | Beta v1.0

It’s the best one I’ve tried; unfortunately, it has been discontinued because they couldn't find editors to collaborate. It's Free.
 
Back
Top Bottom