PES 2010 vs 2011 vs 2012 vs 2013?

@vialli82 a quick Google search gives me only 2 results. Citra which is the best option, and Retroarch, which comes second in reviews, and i have zero touch with it to be honest.
@slamsoze what's the name again about the other 3ds emulator than Citra? I tried another on the list and the game crashed lol.
I'm currently updating a game but that game non stop to freeze and it's more than annoying. It should have been quick, like it took me one day for the Premier League (i'm updating PES 14 PS2, on 3ds roster are up to date and it's called "WE 2014")

Thanks in advance (i add that version on my list of "curiosity", which means no idea if i will continue to play but sometimes you can be really surprised)

Retroarch is an all in one emulator (that means: all classic consoles pack emulators via one single application, at the same time downloading live those plugins to run a "rom" or a console "disk" image). You can use it for everything and it works great if you configure it correctly. The only part that lacks to be the number one emulator is that has so much console emulation in it that in the end this application would always be on the second place. The problem is that a polished single app specialized on a single type of emulation will run slightly better those specific classic console games, but as a second option Retroarch is the best option !!!

In the end it's very simple: if you don't want 10 apps. to emulate 10 consoles you'll go for Retroarch... If you want 10 different specialized apps to run 10 specific consoles then you'll need to investigate and use the "best" software made for it. I'm all for the second option...

Thanks, My problem is resolved : there's two executable in Citra. I took the "beta" one... Of course lol.

Now it's running faster and without freeze, thanks... But i really remember a conversation about emulator which was "better" something like Citra or Nightly i don't remember well. Some days ago. Don't remember what console emulated you where talking about lol, or a mod for console (no idea).

BTW not quite easy to check and compare faces, found the one missing/or the one in more, checking the name on his back then looking if the players is IG or not.
+ I found a system to have the exact Growth type (rated on 265 i think, no idea what the diff between "Standard / 3" vs "Standard 58". Will investigate and make test later, just for my/our PES general culture lol.
Nightly , yeah, that's the name. It is a "version" of Citra. Nightly and Canary. I mean they are both Citra versions.

...We recommend installing both versions but using Citra Nightly as it is the more stable version; only switch to Citra Canary...

Retroarch is an all in one emulator (that means: all classic consoles pack emulators via one single application, at the same time downloading live those plugins to run a "rom" or a console "disk" image). You can use it for everything and it works great if you configure it correctly. The only part that lacks to be the number one emulator is that has so much console emulation in it that in the end this application would always be on the second place. The problem is that a polished single app specialized on a single type of emulation will run slightly better those specific classic console games, but as a second option Retroarch is the best option !!!

In the end it's very simple: if you don't want 10 apps to emulate 10 consoles you'll go for Retroarch... If you want 10 different specialized apps to run 10 specific consoles then you'll need to investigate and use the "best" software made for it. I'm all for the second option...
Thanks mate but i prefers separate emulator on PC (only), i got it on a folder... But i play on my big 4k with a Raspberry pi 3b+ with almost 6000 games on it (all type, hack only when it's corrective or colors changers, i don't like self made patch but restoration ones i love it)
... So i don't play on PC for emulation any more as i got what i need on real hardware.. With one exception i will finish one day : Ultimate G'N'G on PPSSPP. i prefers on a smaller screen like the one on my desk, more a size for working or whatever else than gaming. Well PsP is an exception.

Also play some old PC games like Bioshock trilogy and endend the 1st Souls on it. Sometimes a PES to lauch, the 2008 especially or 2014 but it's very rare.
I own a PS3 jailbreak and FIFA 14 on PS4 so... For Fifa versions, it's better. + i ain't a fan of the 12 and the 13 is a lower version of the 14 so...

>So in brief : my Rasberry and Batocera + a scanlines generator , and since i brought it i don't play emulation on PC.
I Just to check on PCSX2 / 3DS / PPSSPP etc. for editing and patchs, that's all. But i play them on my PS2.

Already talked about it but if i brought a console i will buy a real 3DS XL, like the Wii, is a full experience platform, not for emulation to me.
But i given up as the price are excessive. And i only use it not to play but to recopy players lol.

Now, you're right about Retroarch Windows, as long as you update the core regularly. But there's not an as good Genesis Emulator from 2005 like Kega Fusion... Less option etc.
I tried games on N64, i was "Wow, it's super fast in comparison to what i tried before", but i didn't checked the new Project64 version, running games almost perfectly. Well it's not a console that i care that much, from Nintendo take the Wii for shooter and 3DS XL like i said before. But i don't think the prices will drops one day, it will be more the opposite (rarety ... mo-money)

Nightly , yeah, that's the name. It is a "version" of Citra. Nightly and Canary. I mean they are both Citra versions.

...We recommend installing both versions but using Citra Nightly as it is the more stable version; only switch to Citra Canary...
That the nightly version which blocked the game 😅
The one with "qt" at the end is running perfectly. Didn't crashed since an hour vs every 3-4 minutes with Nightly. Guess it depends to some GFX card factor got no idea.

Back
Top Bottom