Patch 1.02 is out!

if konami do not fix the response issue in gameplay this is the worse flop in the pes series, gamespot a very good website for games have rated the game 6.5, in my opinion the at current i give the game 5.0, only for the graphics, the rest is a mystery, i recommend people to play pes 2009.

It would appear that kitserver doesn't work with this new patch. Anyone else find this?

Yeah it never does because of the exe changes, ill hold off applying the patch i think until juce updates kitserver. I hope they dont release too many patches, otherwise im sure juce will get fed up of updating kitserver.

i just cant accept how konami could release this pes with stupid refs and horrible lag/response time. i mean wtf happend with all the hyping pre-release? were ppl told to stfu about these issues?

Some friends of mine (italians) told me that since yesterday, after the release of the new patch, the got a lot of Lag Online while the Online was "perfect" before.
I (living in France) just did a couple of matches and was "perfect" for me.

The game doesn´t need a gameplay pach, that´s for sure, you guys are crazy if you think a gameplay patch is coming out for a game like this. What´s the problem with gameplay? That´s not pinball, it´s football. Slow pace and good gameplay.

The game doesn´t need a gameplay pach, that´s for sure, you guys are crazy if you think a gameplay patch is coming out for a game like this. What´s the problem with gameplay? That´s not pinball, it´s football. Slow pace and good gameplay.

Gameplay definitely needs a patch mate, I don't know how you'd think it doesn't. Even in YOUR OWN THREAD you must have picked up how unbalanced the difficulty modes are at the very least :SHOCK:

- Refs need to be addressed immensely
- GK are too schizophrenic and are part-time clowns
- Overall AI needs to be fixed (ie. differentiation of team playing style between long ball, passing game, wing play etc)
- Game speed is too fast (without kitserver's speeder it's a pinball fest)
- Control consistency (erroneous passing, players adjusting randomly etc)
- Lethargic player movement/control (players are very stiff even near touchlines resulting in players running ball out)
- Defensive walls on halfway line? :BLINK: (we could remove them in 09 but are illogically forced this year)
- Penatly camera angles should be optional (PK during match from wide cam and are from behind players in PK shootout, weird)
- Remove auto CPU assistance (CPU sometimes scores or clears for you)
- Defenders standoff running attackers way too much
- Collision detection/unfinished animations (these are worse than 09 in a lot of areas)

There's a lot more issues like this littered in the game, some very astonishing. This game definitely needs a patch ... I mean the least they could have done is release a patch similar to the limited WE 2010 patch. The game does a lot of good things right but has plenty disappointments as well; the kind that make you wonder if they have proper Quality Assurance, bug checking, or even care 'sigh'

Last edited:
Gameplay definitely needs a patch mate, I don't know how you'd think it doesn't. Even in YOUR OWN THREAD you must have picked up how unbalanced the difficulty modes are at the very least :SHOCK:

- Refs need to be addressed immensely
- GK are too schizophrenic and are part-time clowns
- Overall AI needs to be fixed (ie. differentiation of team playing style between long ball, passing game, wing play etc)
- Game speed is too fast (without kitserver's speeder it's a pinball fest)
- Control consistency (erroneous passing, players adjusting randomly etc)
- Lethargic player movement/control (players are very stiff even near touchlines resulting in players running ball out)
- Defensive walls on halfway line? :BLINK: (we could remove them in 09 but are illogically forced this year)
- Penatly camera angles should be optional (PK during match from wide cam and are from behind players in PK shootout, weird)
- Remove auto CPU assistance (CPU sometimes scores or clears for you)
- Defenders standoff running attackers way too much
- Collision detection/unfinished animations (these are worse than 09 in a lot of areas)

There's a lot more issues like this littered in the game, some very astonishing. This game definitely needs a patch ... I mean the least they could have done is release a patch similar to the limited WE 2010 patch. The game does a lot of good things right but has plenty disappointments as well; the kind that make you wonder if they have proper Quality Assurance, bug checking, or even care 'sigh'

They need to balance the levels, but not a patch to change the gameplay, that´s not possible. That´s what fifa players need in their fifa 10 pc, and 09, and 08, and 07... the game is so bad in terms of gameplay that they are always looking for gameplay patches, something that PES has never needed. A patch to improve the players´response and the balance of levels, but gameplay is quite good I think.

They need to balance the levels, but not a patch to change the gameplay, that´s not possible. That´s what fifa players need in their fifa 10 pc, and 09, and 08, and 07... the game is so bad in terms of gameplay that they are always looking for gameplay patches, something that PES has never needed. A patch to improve the players´response and the balance of levels, but gameplay is quite good I think.

A patch is a patch is a patch, it fixes issues ... a large number of the issues I listed are gameplay issues, others go hand in hand with gameplay and others are based on completion of game oversights or errors. The gameplay is ok but it needs a patch to adjust many issues both gameplay (oh another one is crossing and shooting/heading being too easy) and other.

I have no doubt Konami will NOT release a patch to sort out the listed issues (even the small ones); they don't care to.

Some friends of mine (italians) told me that since yesterday, after the release of the new patch, the got a lot of Lag Online while the Online was "perfect" before.
I (living in France) just did a couple of matches and was "perfect" for me.

As marcap said, I'm experiencing a terrible increase of lag since I installed the patch 1.02. Moreover, I get the feeling that the CPU is more stressed than before, as the cooling fan runs almost always at maximum speed.

So, not only this patch doesn't fix the big issues, but it has even made the situation worse!!! :RANT:

Anybody else with the same problems?

" GK are too schizophrenic and are part-time clowns ""

HeHeHe , you could only read that in these forums.
Theres me just thinking they were sprites on a screen!

players seem robots, pes2008, pes2009, and pes2010 seem unfinished games, graphics are perfect, but is the only good thing in the game, konami lie for us every year, we are waiting for pes2011 because we know that will do nothing to improve the game...

As marcap said, I'm experiencing a terrible increase of lag since I installed the patch 1.02. Moreover, I get the feeling that the CPU is more stressed than before, as the cooling fan runs almost always at maximum speed.

So, not only this patch doesn't fix the big issues, but it has even made the situation worse!!! :RANT:

Anybody else with the same problems?

+1

since the patch 1.02 the cpu-teams seem attacking better. yesterday there were scenes i have never seen before.
the attacking cpu builds a big overload with crossing positions etc.
even long range shots when the golie stands to far outside the goal were tried in yesterdays matches...
i do not know exactly but it seems you can hold the ball better in midfield without the cpu-defense standing directly on your feet...

I can only say that 1.02 hasn't changed online gameplay or lag dramatically, so all the "I get lag now, that I didn't get before" is nonsense.

nofing has changed with 1.02 and i really really have doubts now that the response of players and robocop style gameplay will never change, konami never needed pes 2010, pes 2009 for me now.

Back
Top Bottom