Passing Stats - Manual and Pass Assistance 1

millossobek

The 3-Stars Cup
19 December 2020
South America
Millonarios FC
Hi bros, I'm a long time Pass Assist 1 player. I've been playing a few practice sessions with manual passing for a while, just to experiment, and it's definitely a different experience!

I'm quite a "stats geek", meaning, it is very important to me that stats are reflected in the game, meaning player ratings, abilities, etc..

My question is.. How do passing stats play out in Manual and PA1 settings? I want passing stats to really matter, meaning, I want a pass by Luka Modric to feel more accurate than a player from a lower-level league. I'm looking for a 90 passing rating to be reflected in the actual match and be different from a 70 pass rating.

I don't really want to enter a "which one is better, Manual or PA" debate. Everyone has their own preferences. :):TU: All I want to know is how passing stats affect actual passing in these different settings.

Cheers bros! I would love to hear your opinions on this. :):TU:

Last edited:
Hi bros, I'm a long time Pass Assist 1 player. I've been playing a few practice sessions with manual passing for a while, just to experiment, and it's definitely a different experience!

I'm quite a "stats geek", meaning, it is very important to me that stats are reflected in the game, meaning player ratings, abilities, etc..

My question is.. How do passing stats play out in Manual and PA1 settings? I want passing stats to really matter, meaning, I want a pass by Luka Modric to feel more accurate than a player from a lower-level league. I'm looking for a 90 passing rating to be reflected in the actual match and be different from a 70 pass rating.

I don't really want to enter a "which one is better, Manual or PA" debate. Everyone has their own preferences. :):TU: All I want to know is how passing stats affect actual passing in these different settings.

Cheers bros! I would love to hear your opinions on this. :):TU:
i think stats go out of the window on manual in terms of passing and shooting

Yeah that's my impression too it would seem like manual passing and shooting would make stats not matter, that's one of the main reasons I've stayed with PA1.. But i haven't confirmed this since there seems to be different opinions.. :D

Yeah that's my impression too it would seem like manual passing and shooting would make stats not matter, that's one of the main reasons I've stayed with PA1.. But i haven't confirmed this since there seems to be different opinions.. :D
Its difficult to judge exactly as there are two manuals - one is with R1 (on my set up) maybe L2 and the other is pass assist at OFF/Manual or whatever in the controller options. Im not sure if having it as manual is the same as holding down the manual override. There maybe more stats in speed and turning etc and ball control - you can feel difference for example running with the ball with Messi - i think as shooting is a little too simple thats why on manual you see see lots of similar goals and stats cant come into play as much - also the AI plays more poorly when you have manual on and their type of goals are reduced in my opinion

Right, I had the same impression when I played manual shooting, stats didn't really matter so much (perhaps shot power did, but not necessarily accuracy). I have some doubts about passing though. I've read many different opinions on different websites and forums and while some say that stats do have an influence on manual passing (I actually mean the pass assist OFF), others say that it is too small to be noticeable.

On PA1, it would make sense that stats matter more, meaning the players with higher stats would make more chance-inducing through passes, or more accurate ones. But then again I'm not sure what the calculations are with pass assist 1 on/off. I've tried manual and it's fun too, but I guess I want to make sure cause I really want stats to have an importance influence on the game..

I think people get confused between freedom and stats sometimes. On manual you can put the pall more or less anywhere which is great the problem is this for me - i can play a pretty much cross field pass with anyone on manual same goes for giving the ball away - if i am having a bad game on manual with a player like Thiago i could give several simple 10 yard passes away where as Thiago teal life stats that would never happen - just a different way of looking at it. In my mind i find total freedom v stats difficult to work perfectly together. I am not sure you can have both

I think I will stick with PA1 for now, although I might dip into manual from time to time just to mix it up. The Thiago example was a good one, in terms of the stats realism I'm looking for in my matches. Manual passing is a nice change of pace to what I'm used to but I definitely want stats to have an impact on the gameplay, so staying with pass assist makes sense for what I'm looking for.:TU:

I think I will stick with PA1 for now, although I might dip into manual from time to time just to mix it up. The Thiago example was a good one, in terms of the stats realism I'm looking for in my matches. Manual passing is a nice change of pace to what I'm used to but I definitely want stats to have an impact on the gameplay, so staying with pass assist makes sense for what I'm looking for.:TU:
i do the same , currently im PA1, adv through ball, adv shooting playing on professional - most realistic for me. I did unlock legendary playing full manual but that was more to see if i could rather than it being an enjoyable representation of football

Manual is stat based to a point, you can see that by switching from say, Liverpool, down to some 1 star rated team and suddenly you can not pass the ball to save your life. You wont get much of a difference between maybe a 5 star and a 3 star team though. But it helps to put any "realism" aside as passing assistance is not realistic in any way either. on PA1 you can make passes with just about anyone and they will make good passes because the game is essentially making the pass for you. So I would argue that stats matter even less on PA one because everything is so automatic.
What manual passing and maybe even shooting brings is that you are reaping what you sow and with practice, it is by an absolute mile the better option to play the game. also the whole "10 yard passes would not be hard for a top player" is true but at the same time, 10 yard passes are not hard on manual at all if you put practice in. I would have given up on PES years ago if it wasn't for manual passing, it makes it entertaining, opens the game up and gives you satisfaction knowing that you actually had to work for making that goal happen, instead of the game doing it for you.

Playing „manual passing“ (passing assistance 0) and shooting together with adv throughball since a few weeks now, exclusively ML on „regular“ difficulty.

In my experience passing is still somewhat assisted, very slight but noticeable (If you want to play true manual passing you need to duct tape your L2 button 😂)

As for shooting, I haven‘t reached a verdict yet. I‘ve had identical situations where in one I would hit the corner flag from 15 feet out and in another I would slam it in. Since I am only playing ML I suspect that the success of these „manual“ shots is more dependent on the COMs whim rather than my players‘ stats. In any case left-stick margin for success is very narrow, actually considering going back to adv shooting where aiming is more intuitive.

I agree with those, however, who say „manual“ is more rewarding. Takes some time to get used to, but once it clicks you don‘t want to go back.

Been playing FUMA since PES 2016 on Superstar and FUMA on Legend since PES 2021.

Here's how it works from my POV. Passing is a bit quicker and more precise with higher rated passing players (in a sense it's more assisted the better the passing rating) same with shooting. The difference between the stats are not as big as assisted however but there's certainly a difference.

So a high rated finisher means when you point the analog stick to the corner on manual he's more likely to squeeze in a finish.

On Manual, player skills tend to matter a bit more when it comes to passing and shooting.

So there is a difference but it's less pronounced than on assisted.

Hi friends! Well I suppose in terms of the original post, I'd like discuss the effects of stats moreso than the merits or fun factor of PA1 vs manual (I think there's already a thread which does that).. Both have its supporters and detractors. :TU: Some people prefer the rhythm and pacing of PA1, some people prefer the freer style and buildup of manual, to each its own. I guess what I'm looking for specifically is discussion on the effects of passing and shooting stats (especially passing) on both modes.

Here's how it works from my POV. Passing is a bit quicker and more precise with higher rated passing players (in a sense it's more assisted the better the passing rating) same with shooting. The difference between the stats are not as big as assisted however but there's certainly a difference.

So a high rated finisher means when you point the analog stick to the corner on manual he's more likely to squeeze in a finish.

On Manual, player skills tend to matter a bit more when it comes to passing and shooting.

So there is a difference but it's less pronounced than on assisted.

Right! In my experience, playing around with both modes, I can say that yes, manual passing is assisted (kind of 0.3 assistance), which in a way is hopeful because it does mean that stats do play somewhat of a role, but maybe not as much as what I'm hoping..

on PA1 you can make passes with just about anyone and they will make good passes because the game is essentially making the pass for you. So I would argue that stats matter even less on PA one because everything is so automatic.
What manual passing and maybe even shooting brings is that you are reaping what you sow and with practice, it is by an absolute mile the better option to play the game. also the whole "10 yard passes would not be hard for a top player" is true but at the same time, 10 yard passes are not hard on manual at all if you put practice in. I would have given up on PES years ago if it wasn't for manual passing, it makes it entertaining, opens the game up and gives you satisfaction knowing that you actually had to work for making that goal happen, instead of the game doing it for you.

This is an interesting take bro! I'm not sure I agree, but it is an interesting take nonetheless. In my experience, there is definitely a more pronounced difference in PA1 when Modric plays a through ball or a lob (or even a ground pass) than when a 70 rated passer does it. It feels to me like passes are more incisive when Luka does it, for example, and leads to many more chances..

Then again this is all perception.. And everyone's perception is different. Thanks for your opinions bros, it'd be cool to hear some more!:TU:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom