No love for it :(

I find a lot of difference between players, the good amount of stats really make a difference to my and my friends. Same with tactics. It's the deepest approach to football we've ever played, that's for sure.

Yes, it has it's problems, of course, we'll never play a flawless sports game. Maybe our children will.

The thing that annoys me is that when people talk about "unpredictability" and put pes as an example, it's demagogic. The only reason PES is unpredictable is because YOU DON'T CONTROL IT! You try a pass or a shot and the CPU does what it wants. I clearly don't want this at all in Fifa. So PES is not an example for me, at all.

True, they should make stats have more impact on tha manual controls. I read a post by Trance talking about the accuracy of passing and shooting and I tend to agree with him in this matter. All they need in Fifa is to reduce the accuracy of passing and shooting in manual and semi, thus making the best teams of Fifa 2010 play as the worst in Fifa 09 and so on.

That said, it also depends on how do you play. If you always do the same plays, it's harder to have "unpredictability". I tend always to do and try different things. I don't play to win for the maximum ammount of goals, I play to make beautiful plays and that pays off in this game. And I have an impressive ammount of "unpredictability" in my offline multiplayer tournaments.

In fact, I would say Fifa has more unpredictaility playing on semi /manual than PES has ever had. Really. And I've played some PEs 09 to back it up. PES is simply scripts that make things go wrong or right, that to me is not unpredictability, it's poor coding.

In Fifa I could miss my target a few meters or not, but the ball goes more or less where I intended to. In PES, the pass, the cross or the shot would simply go nowhere where I planned it simply because of "balancing" scripts or shitty things like Teamvision or the crap AI. That can be "realistic" in some players and in some circumstances (for instance, you pass to a mate but it goes to another one who was unmarked), but not being the rule as it is in PES. Having your striker shoot to the body of the goalkeeper even if you aimed for the right corner doesn't seems fun nor smart nor more realistic. It's simply they don't have the clue as how to develop the game further than the PS2 engine.

I've seen incredible things happen in Fifa and enjoyed it, while in PES I don't enjoy at all the weird things that happen, in fact it was one of the most irritating things. Having 15 shots on goals and loosing because the CPU did its "magic" and sent my empty net sitters wide or high for no reason, or my 5 star-team suddenly unable to connect a simple pass or mark a single player. Please, that's CHEAP.

About the devs stolen by EA, it happened 2-3 years ago and it appeared in many magazines here in Spain. Even in Meristation, a quite famous games magazine, they were talking about it some weeks ago whne pes was released.

I find a lot of difference between players, the good amount of stats really make a difference to my and my friends. Same with tactics. It's the deepest approach to football we've ever played, that's for sure.

Yes, it has it's problems, of course, we'll never play a flawless sports game. Maybe our children will.

The thing that annoys me is that when people talk about "unpredictability" and put pes as an example, it's demagogic. The only reason PES is unpredictable is because YOU DON'T CONTROL IT! You try a pass or a shot and the CPU does what it wants. I clearly don't want this at all in Fifa. So PES is not an example for me, at all.

True, they should make stats have more impact on tha manual controls. I read a post by Trance talking about the accuracy of passing and shooting and I tend to agree with him in this matter. All they need in Fifa is to reduce the accuracy of passing and shooting in manual and semi, thus making the best teams of Fifa 2010 play as the worst in Fifa 09 and so on.

That said, it also depends on how do you play. If you always do the same plays, it's harder to have "unpredictability". I tend always to do and try different things. I don't play to win for the maximum ammount of goals, I play to make beautiful plays and that pays off in this game. And I have an impressive ammount of "unpredictability" in my offline multiplayer tournaments.

In fact, I would say Fifa has more unpredictaility playing on semi /manual than PES has ever had. Really. And I've played some PEs 09 to back it up. PES is simply scripts that make things go wrong or right, that to me is not unpredictability, it's poor coding.

In Fifa I could miss my target a few meters or not, but the ball goes more or less where I intended to. In PES, the pass, the cross or the shot would simply go nowhere where I planned it simply because of "balancing" scripts or shitty things like Teamvision or the crap AI. That can be "realistic" in some players and in some circumstances (for instance, you pass to a mate but it goes to another one who was unmarked), but not being the rule as it is in PES. Having your striker shoot to the body of the goalkeeper even if you aimed for the right corner doesn't seems fun nor smart nor more realistic. It's simply they don't have the clue as how to develop the game further than the PS2 engine.

I've seen incredible things happen in Fifa and enjoyed it, while in PES I don't enjoy at all the weird things that happen, in fact it was one of the most irritating things. Having 15 shots on goals and loosing because the CPU did its "magic" and sent my empty net sitters wide or high for no reason, or my 5 star-team suddenly unable to connect a simple pass or mark a single player. Please, that's CHEAP.

About the devs stolen by EA, it happened 2-3 years ago and it appeared in many magazines here in Spain. Even in Meristation, a quite famous games magazine, they were talking about it some weeks ago whne pes was released.

It all boils down to perception of course...Thats why we should not consider people that prefer pes as a somekind of lower race...
People that preffered old gen fifas were not lower than people that played and liked old gen PES...Its just what one seeks in a game...
And lets not forget that real life football is NOT manual ( accuracy is greatly reduced since its played with a spheric object and with feet)...if it was we would see same and same teams winning all the time...which is far from the reality....
Thats why EA's approach needs a touch of randomness and a greater impact of stats....
KONAMI has done this in a crude way of scritpting everything due to the lack of power in PS2 era....and in PS3 era KONAMI just didnt provide the resources needed in manpower and investment to the football department to cope with the demands....
Look at MGS4...that game came with a wave of critical acclaim...Now imagine Seabass with the kind of resources that Kojima has...
But the bane of the PES series is Japan....As long as Japan keeps spitting on FIFA and EA...as long as KONAMI makes a huge chunk of cash out of Japan with a decent piece in EU they wont feel any pressure from EA...
EA has just the UK and America (where football is parctically dead) only if FIFA gets a foothold in Japan (highly unlikely) we will see any progress in PES series...

The only reason PES is unpredictable is because YOU DON'T CONTROL IT! You try a pass or a shot and the CPU does what it wants. I clearly don't want this at all in Fifa. So PES is not an example for me, at all.

Wait, are you the same guy that won the CL in your 1st attempt?? :LOL:
You sure youre not exaggerating there, mate? Nobody is satisfied with PES now, but we all know its not like that.
Some of the things you said in your first post were spot on. But then again, it is so clear that your opinions are completely biased that you end up losing credibility.

You played the game for just a weekend, but that's not enough to have a solid opinion. I, on the other hand, hated PES08 and then bought FIFA 08, only to find it sucked monkey's ass. But, before I dare to say that, God knows I tried hard.

It was very clear that this thread would turn into another fanboy battle ground. But the real meaning behind it remains. Even if PES is still your choice of footie game, theres no passion in it like the old days. Konami has been treating its fan base merely as costumers. But worse than that, it's been a bad treatment :(

Yeah, pes is not even close to being as good as it was last gen. But I still have fun.

I wish I could just get rid of it and enjoy FIFA 2009 like all of you seem to do, but I just cant, I still find it to be rubish... next gen pes is still much better than fifa for me. Fifa's football still doesnt feel acceptable for me.. doesnt click... its moonball instead of football like some people have said.

To be honest I'm just hoping some new company comes around and creates the ultimate football game (even if it has few licences, I just want amazing gameplay) and kicks both EA's and this gen's konami incapable behinds.
Or EA stealing some of the most competent devs from under seabass, and making fifa good (but EA probably already assumes fifa is perfect, seeing all the praise from the dumbasses on the internet who know nothing about footbal, imo).

Back
Top Bottom