NHL Thread

Kings look scaring good. :( Another road victory, this time against Phoenix. The East side will have no chance against them. :(

not NHL but hockey.. i´m so proud of our national team making history again winning silver today!! it was a fantastic tournament for us and this picture speaks thousand words...

this victory is dedicated to Demitra, our lost hero, captain forever..

542090_10150912309899297_135350949296_9531978_1907846556_n.jpg

not NHL but hockey.. i´m so proud of our national team making history again winning silver today!! it was a fantastic tournament for us and this picture speaks thousand words...

this victory is dedicated to Demitra, our lost hero, captain forever..

542090_10150912309899297_135350949296_9531978_1907846556_n.jpg

Yes it was an emotional time for the team. They did it for Pavol. Quite a few were there at the funeral last year:

Russia under Zinetula Bilyatedinov a member of the eighties Red Machine took the world title 10-0:
YouTube - IIHF WC 2012: Final Russia vs. Slovakia (6-2) Highlights

The Slovakian fans were very generous and they scored a great win over a NHL packed Canada team. :APPLAUD:

Ticket pricing was terrible though. Many empty arenas. Malkin was player of the tournament.

Sad news is that another great of hockey died recently at the very young age of just 52 Vladimir Krutov part of the famous Makarov-Larionov line. Ridiculously talented but never really applied himself in the NHL. But who cares he was a magnificent player as shown when the Soviet Union beat the NHL All Stars:

YouTube - RIP Vladimir Krutov tribute

Currently the NHL draft is going on. Nail Yakupov went to Edmonton to join Nugent-Hopkins and Hall. They passed on Ryan Murray.

Couple of netminders in there of note. Andrei Vasilevski outstanding in the u17/u20 WC for Russia and Malcolm Subban brother of PK of the Canadiens.

Hope Russia manage to get Galchenyuk to play for the country of his parents too.

2012 NHL Entry Draft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Concludes today with the later picks. Jordan Staal has been traded to the Hurricanes to join his brother Eric and Bobrovsky has ended up with the BJ's. Hopefully het gets some time in net to develop.

Let's see where Luongo ends up now. Rumours are Maple Leafs are after him. One can hope! :EASY: But I'm not getting too excited yet!

His old team Florida Panthers are apparently interested as well.

Let's see where Luongo ends up now. Rumours are Maple Leafs are after him. One can hope! :EASY: But I'm not getting too excited yet!

His old team Florida Panthers are apparently interested as well.

Blimey PLF. Life's tough being a Leafs fan. ;) Straws. Clutching. At. :))

Rick Nash traded to NY!

Seems as it's: Erixon, Dubi, Anisimov, 1st for Nash

Good deal for the Rags, a bit overrated player with high cap hit but it's a deal I can live with. Not sure how CBJ fans feel about this... could have gotten more in the process.

It's been really busy in the NHL this season......

Greed has come to rule the roost again. MLS will soon surpass the NHL. Meanwhile the KHL is providing some excellent exciting hockey.

Norway gained promotion to the u20 top division and Poland moved up a division in the u20's.

The top tier of the u20 World Championships starts in Russia on Boxing Day. Look forward to seeing Grigorenko and company.

Cheer up. You can still watch the KHL and the u20 World Championship has started in Ufa.

Bit of a narrow scrape for Russia against Slovakia the other night but a mich improved performance against America. Comfortable win for Canada 9-3 versus Germany but Sweden and Finland have great medal chances this year.

Nichushkin is a real prospect. Forget Yakupov and company. He was running circles against Canada in the Youth Olympics last year.

http://www.worldjunior2013.com/

yeah, our boys and basicly all of us thought we will be hammered by Russians, but we surprised them :P

Indeed. Very unlucky not to get more than a point for the OTL. I see Canada was busy injuring players again as well.

YouTube - Anthony Camara Huge Hit on Patrik Luza - Canada vs Slovakia - WJC Dec 28th 2012 (HD)

Petterson suffered a nasty injury in a 'friendly' for Sweden against Canada and now you have Luza. Dirty hockey from the Canadians. It affected the Slovakian players who had been playing some lovely hockey and were leading comfortably.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/sto...slovakia-amid-latest-allegation-of-dirty-play

Canada claims to have invented the game (actually it was Scotland) but European in particular Russia mastered the art of playing it.

Last edited:
Indeed. Very unlucky not to get more than a point for the OTL. I see Canada was busy injuring players again as well.

YouTube - Anthony Camara Huge Hit on Patrik Luza - Canada vs Slovakia - WJC Dec 28th 2012 (HD)

Petterson suffered a nasty injury in a 'friendly' for Sweden against Canada and now you have Luza. Dirty hockey from the Canadians. It affected the Slovakian players who had been playing some lovely hockey and were leading comfortably.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/sto...slovakia-amid-latest-allegation-of-dirty-play

Canada claims to have invented the game (actually it was Scotland) but European in particular Russia mastered the art of playing it.

ok if you really think russia has mastered the art of playing hockey then i guess you think its only a offensive game without defense..

ok if you really think russia has mastered the art of playing hockey then i guess you think its only a offensive game without defense..

The lapses in recent defence are only recent.

The Russian team were also excellent defensively and with top level netminders prior to 1990.

Remember Konstantinov and company ? All this rubbish that Russian forwards also don't play defensively is rubbish too. It's just a myth the sort that idiot Don Cherry always turns up.

Most often with regards to Russia but also the likes of Sweden and other European players.

Bobrovsky is a candidate for the Vezina. The netminding talent is coming through like Serebriakov and Vasilevski. Voynov , Kuilkov and several others are emerging.

However some of the coaches Russia have appointed recently have been poor and not enforced a stricter defensive ethic.

Anyway Bilyatedinov has that sorted out recently.

so the final starts tonight..i hope for Handzus that Chicago will win this year...both Chara and Hossa already got one SC..but Handzus realy stands out since he moved to Chicago...i hope he wins it, what a player and person he is.

so the final starts tonight..i hope for Handzus that Chicago will win this year...both Chara and Hossa already got one SC..but Handzus realy stands out since he moved to Chicago...i hope he wins it, what a player and person he is.

16x9

:D

GO LEAFS GO!!! They are playing wonderful!! Once the media gets behind it and start blowing things out of proportion, we'll be back to our losing ways and miss the Playoffs (or barely make it in and fail again).

It's sad, but it is a Toronto team...never destined for success in the modern era.

Knicks season may have ended a little bit earlier than I thought (erm, maybe not, I knew it all along) anyway, the Rangers are a powerhouse this year and #1 contender for the Stanley Cup! Let's go Rangers!

sweep22.gif

Back
Top Bottom