Newcastle United Thread

That tells you more about the idiots up in the boardroom. Amazing Hughton's done so well under such ridiculous management above him.

Chris Hughton sacked.

Shameful.

What were the club expecting this season?

I've worked in close proximity with your owner Mike Ashley in the past.

The man is a complete and utter imbecile.

Modern day football, the players who play it, the fans who support it, the media who report on it and the people who run it make me completely fucking sick nowadays.

The game is near dead for me.

I'd like to say it's "shocking", but the chairman had a track record for making such crass decisions. Who's going to replace him ? Talk of Gullit... madness

Mike Ashley is a complete c**t to be honest. Feel sorry for Chris, he has done a great job getting us back up when we could have ended up like Leeds. Alan Pardew early favourite to take charge. Bye bye once again Premiership :CRY:

After hearing the news I realised I was all mixed up and you must have been bottom of the table with 5 points and -25 goal difference. I went to check the league table to make sure but turns out I wasn't mistaken after all.

11th place, ahead of Liverpool, Everton and Villa. Beaten Arsenal away, drew with Chelsea, smashed Villa and Sunderland.

Mike Ashley... what a cunt.

It amazes me how stupid some people can be. Every manager that takes a side in the Championship, promotes them to the EPL and has the team at 11th mid-way through the season beating Arsenal, drawing Chelsea should have his contract extended or at least mess up so badly (like being relegated, or losing 20-0 to Blackpool) before talks of having him replaced starts.

Do you think its like football manager where Mike Ashley wanted to press extend contract, but his mouse slipped and accidentally fired the guy?? i mean, come on...at least give me ONE reason why he should be fired.

Crazy decision.... sure does a lot for team morale....
wonder which experienced manager is going there.....
Jol would be taking a big risk going there.

Rijkaard going to Ajax ?

If Hughton can be sacked ...then imagine how lucky people like Benitez at Inter, Houllier at Villa and Hodgson at Liverpool...Grant at West Ham... are feeling now....

Chris Hughton brought Newcastle back to the Premier League, won over the devotion of the players and has the club sitting 12th in the table after just a season and a half in charge. Still, owner Mike Ashley sacked him on Monday, shocking players, fans, and every other right thinking person on the planet who cares about such things. Now, Ashley is in the market for a new gaffer with underwhelming names like Alan Pardew, Martin Jol and Alan Curbishley in the mix. The following is a transcript of how we imagine that interview process has gone.

Ashley: Alright, need a new manager. Someone with better experience than that last guy. Pardew -- what kind of experience do you have?

Pardew: Well, I've managed Reading, West Ham, Charlton and Southampton. Oh, and I should probably mention that I got dumped from that last job because staff morale was borderline suicidal and I fought with the chairman.

Ashley: Great. That's a lot more experience than my last manager had! Jol, your turn.

Jol: I managed Spurs, followed by a year at HSV and a year and a half at Ajax where I won the Dutch Cup. I actually just left them to pursue this job. And because I wasn't doing so hot this season.

Ashley: Interesting. You also have a giant head. That makes mine look thinner and probably means you have a huge brain. I like that.

Jol: Thank you?

Ashley: Curbishley -- you have any pizza on you?

Curbishley: On me? No. I don't usually carry pizzas around.

Ashley: Well that's too bad. You can go home now.

[Curbishley leaves, Martin O'Neill enters]

Ashley: O'Neill! You're a good manager with good experience. You want this job?

O'Neill: I'd be interested. But I'd want control. And a reasonable transfer budget. And you should know that I won't bite my tongue if the boardroom lets me down. And-

Ashley: Get out.

[A pile of cakes in the corner moves]

Ashley: You -- hiding behind Cake Corner. You here for the open position?

Hughton: Uh, certainly. I'd love to have it, sir.

Ashley: What's your name?

Hughton: Chris -- Chris, sir.

Ashley: I don't like that name. You're Dave now. What kind of experience do you have, Dave?

Hughton: Well, I managed Newcastle. Finished first in the Championship last season and had them in 12th place this season. Even beat Arsenal at the Emirates. The players love me, too.

Ashley: Now that's impressive! How have I never heard of you before, Dave?

Hughton: Gross incompetence?

Ashley: That might be it. You're hired! Jol, you're hired, too. You can just stand next to me and make me look handsome by comparison.

Jol: Fine.

Ashley: Excellent! We need to celebrate. Let's get Curbishley back in here with those pizzas of his.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog...-Ashley-picks-Newcastle-s-next?urn=sow-292769

The sacking of Chris Hughton is an absolute disgrace after all he's done for Newcastle, with limited resources and a car-crash of a club to stabilise. The fact that he got them out of the Championship at the first time of asking - and at a canter - when other big teams have struggled is all credit to the man. Newcastle are sitting comfortably mid-table and are not in any realistic danger of relegation. Surely the target this season was survival and stabilisation, both of which Hughton looked sure to achieve?

Hughton has proved himself to be a good manager with complete respect from the fans and players, something which is quite rare in modern football. I heard that he was only being paid around £250k a year on his rolling contract, which is pocket money for the Premier League. This puts his achievement at Newcastle into perspective.

Ashley is joke. Good luck with your next 'big name' manager. They've worked so well for Newcastle in the past.

Only one way to go.35yrs of experience.Manager of the year award.British media darling.And most importantly,you lot will make alot of scousers happy.PLEASE HAVE ROY HODGSON?????

That Ashley guy is an absolute disgrace.
What a moron, what a fucking idiot. I think Hughton did great at Newcastle. For once everything was calm at that club. Poor fans and poor poor Hughton.

People should boycot his sportswear brands...i've never been tempted to set up a Facebook group (to be honest i think it's pointless), but now i'm starting to doubt (well, i will not do it). This is a very big injustice. Why is it always the wrong people who have money? What an utter, utter moron this man is.

I think FIFA or UEFa should protect football from this kind of people (yes, i know, how naïve can one be)and let them do a test before they can become owner of a football club (clubs like Newcastle, Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs... in a way can be considered national heritage). I think it's not unreasonable to ask a minimum of intelligence, morality and sense of ethics of football owners (but then again, Blatter and his cohorts would be the first people to fail that test).

Last edited:
Gotta agree with everybody else here.

It's AMAZING how DUMB of a decision this was! Atrocious!

Most likely, that stupid prick Mark Ashley has NOW successfully ensured Newcastle DOES get in trouble and possibly suffer relegation. I honestly couldn't see them get relegated with Hughton in charge but now with a new man half way through and the players shocked and dismayed, who knows what can happen....

When Newcastle gets relegated again, he'll have his mission accomplished, that dumb fat f**ck!

p.s. Is there ANYONE who DOESn't like Chris Hughton?! Loool... it seems like everybody from fans of the club to opposition fans, to other managers, his own players.... the whole world seems to love the guy. Mark f'n Ashley is probably the only loser who didn't.... and sadly that's what mattered.

If Pardew takes over:

Sacked by West Ham (PL), hired by Charlton (CC). Sacked by Charlton, hired by Soton (L1). Sacked by Soton, land job back in PL. Amazing.

:LOL:

Alan Pardew would be a disaster from a dressing room point of view. Don't forget he sacked from West Ham after that carry-on with Carl Fletcher's wife.

Back
Top Bottom