New PES demo version 1 Poll

How do u rate PES2012 demo?

• 5 - perfect, nothing needs to be changed

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 4 - Brilliant but needs a few tweaks here and there

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • 3 - decent game but needs quite a few improvements.

Votes: 80 41.5%
  • 2 - Not that good. Most likely wont purchase this

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • 1 - Awful and would not look at purchasing this at all

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters

jonneymendoza

Legend
1 January 2004
Arsenal
Hi guys. i decided to make a poll where you can rate the PES 2012 demo. i think this poll will be more accurate as after over a weeks play of the demo, you will get a more realistic vote on whether this game is good or not as we all know that initialy when you play a new game, your excited and hyped up.

So lets get this vote started

Re: New PES demo Poll

I think it has the promise to be up there with the greats that is we9le and pes6. Just needs a few minor bugs ironing out which is very possible as they are not major ones.

Come on Konami give us that title we've been waiting for.

Mixed feelings here, but mostly positive though. I like the animations and think they're fluid enough, but still needs work. I like the shooting when most here don't. The dribbling animations needs to be slowed down a bit, only given to very agile players or ones with quick feet. We all know the mess that is the keepers.

I haven't touched it since 26th August though, due to personal reasons.

I went for 4.

The game is in need of smoother and more varied animations, particularly the linking, but that's kind of superficial to me when the game plays this good. There's a few other minor issues as well, like the graphics and keepers but I'm sure they will be sorted.

Hmmm....I wonder who went for 1?

i think people who go for one or 5 should justify why. this game cant be perfect as there will be a newer build demo released and it cant be utter crap doing absolutely nothing good in this game to justify a 1.

I gave it a 4. After 4 lackluster products I think it's a big step in the right direction. Looking forward to demo 2.

I think brilliant is a strong word tbh. I voted "brilliant", but the better option to me would be "very good" or "very promising".

I have hopes that the second demo will give me tons of brilliant moments since the first day until the final release.

I gave it a 4. Keepers need to be fixed. Player switching is near perfect as is defending. Shooting has always been a problem for me so I think that might be more my failings than the game itself. I have a feeling I will be less than happy with the ultimate camera settings. Actually I would prefer a setting halfway between normal close and normal long therefore sliders a la FIFA would work for me. Otherwise the game plays better than 11 and overall I am happy with the effort. Hope they improve over the demo but I kinda doubt they will to any great extent at least.

4 is way too high and everyone who voted that was probably high.

Most of the users are high?

If the developement continues like this i will be voting the next titles as followed:

PES 2013 = 4.1 = 4
PES 2014 = 4.2 = 4
PES 2015 = 4.3 = 4
PES 2016 = 4.4 = 4
PES 2017 = 4.5 = 5

From me you have 5 years to make the game nearlly perfect konami: gogogo. =)

I voted "4".

Well, in my case (I chose 4), I rated the demo for what it was. A demo. The poll doesn't ask me what I think of the full game. If this was the full game, I'd end up with 3 or maybe even 2. It's unpolished and I wouldn't release it in this state, but as a demo, it's pretty damn great. You know it's going to be improved because otherwise they wouldn't release another demo, and I believe the sole reason is to maybe convince FIFA players to think twice before buying FIFA this year. I'd say it worked, because obviously there are a lot of people who loved the demo.

Anyway, I rated it as a demo, and compared to PES 2011, the gameplay has changed for the better, and that's a full game, thus making PES2012 demo a brilliant demo.

I gave it a 4 but it's more a 3.5.

The demo did exceed my expectations definitely, I would have probably expected this to be Demo 2 in my head so I am happy that their ahead of my expectations (which are definitely curbed not to get dissapointed these days).

I hope retail is a 4. 4-5 would need animations to be in the same ball park as FIFA maybe not even FIFA 12 but 09 or 10.

Gameplay is really good, and thats all that really counts for me. Graphics are decent, the LOD in wide is poor tho. The goalkeepers are really...well just shit in this demo and that the biggest thing that sticks out but I know they will be much better in final code. For a first work-in-progress demo, the fact that Im still playing and loving it almost 2 weeks after I got it, speaks volumes. A solid 4 for me.

I gave it a 2.

I know the demo is utterly incomplete, but I definitely won't buy a game that plays like that.

Hopefully the second demo will prove me wrong :)

I gave it a 2.

Comparing with PES2011, it feels like every player, in some ways, have the speed merchant card and good ball control. IMO we lost some individuality in this aspect.

I'm missing the pass assistance we had in PES2011, and the L2 manual as well (i'm struggling with this new system)

Well its just the first demo and i hope they change my mind.

Visually, PES2011 reminds me more of a real football match than PES2012

Last edited:
I gave it a 3 but if i could i'd give it 3.5

PES 2012 will be a solid game on the pitch this year and most likely a very enjoyable one. It's evident that cohesive gameplay on the pitch is basically what the team have been working on all year round. I think in terms of things to work on the game needs better footplanting when in control of the ball (it's great when off the ball), for AI to be able to pick up and tighly mark threats when you're busying trying to defend against another player, as has been mentioned six or seven thousand times better goalkeepers (specifically how the animations work), for the CPU to be more intelligent when choosing when to shoot (they seem to lack any idea where your goalkeeper is and this is most evident when you bring him out to close them down in a 1v1 situation), realistic offside decisions (i.e not calling it when he's 20 yards away and not interfering) and refs who choose to play advantage when there's no way your player is going to win the loose ball.

For PES to be described as the full package it needs to work on the aforementioned things but also it would benefit greatly from things like dynamic weather, dynamic pitches (noticable in bad weather), dynamic clothing (i.e clothing that gets dirty and can be tugged at when loose), less clipping, dynamic injuries. Perhaps that's something for the next gen to introduce. Unlike what Rutter thinks about Fifa, there's always going to be something that can improve the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom