New Kits

Cruzeiro

0,,36666861-EX,00.jpg

Note that Raposão the mascot and Roger Flores are not the same person.

Well well, here's a little story.

At the beginning of the year, Avaí FC, team participating of Brazilian Série A, decided to create an interactive contest letting any person to feel free to propose a design for a brand new kit to be used in Brazilian Cup.

The actual kits of the team are those:
Home
IMGPRODES_20090822122934006799.jpg
IMGPRO_20090822122951006799b.jpg

Away
IMGPRODES_20090824180216006800.jpg
IMGPRO_20090824180233006800a.jpg

Third
IMGPRODES_20090911151056006801.jpg
IMGPRO_20090911151120006801a.jpg

Discussions about these kind of sets have already been made every year with turkish clubs.
However, since it is a contest to create a special Brazilian Cup (fourth) kit, what would it be like?

In the end, 685 kit designs were proposed, 45 reached the "semifinals", and 5 were selected to the final by a group containing people from the club, from the fansite crew, and from the manufacturing company. The finalists were these ones:

avaif.jpg

Wow. What the hell was that?
Number 1 looked like our current home kit. Why would we have another one like this?
Same for numbers 3 and 5, too similar to our third kit.
Then we have kits number 2 and 4.

I have voted for number 4. The main reason... the (even if small) change of colour.
Guess who won?

alana-eu-fiz-a-camisa-741x1024-1-600x829.jpg

avai2010_1.jpg

CamisaCopadoBrasil.jpg

... Here we go again for a new season of 4 (or more) kits with the same colors.

PS 1: We play with this shirt for the first round of Brazilian Cup on wednesday, against Ypiranga. It haven't been told yet whether the guys will play with black pants or no shorts at all.

PS 2: I can't even imagine what will it be like if we meet another mostly-white team on this cup.

PS 3: Here are some proposals by a mockup creator that were, IMO, far more interesting than the finalists. Some kits there are also far better than our current home and away kits. Bordallo proposals

lol the Roger celebration was brilliant, about the kits I don't know why they brought the full crest back, the stars are way nicer.
Fabio kit is nice but useless, the home and green gk deserves a mention while the rest is just ok.

Now everybody is complaining about the sponsor, I honestly don't mind the main sponsor being in a different color;
take the Flamengo away for example, the blue doesn't bother but in the home it does but thats cause the logo is unnecessarily huge.
I think what kills Cruzeiro kits is not the orange but the colorful sleeve logo. Sometimes is not about color but application.

Oh and the training looks like that Italy supposedly 2010 kit with the muscles.

Haha some Avai games get really color confusing indeed, every team that had white had problems there last year.
Is that Kristin Kreuk?

lol the Roger celebration was brilliant, about the kits I don't know why they brought the full crest back, the stars are way nicer.
Fabio kit is nice but useless, the home and green gk deserves a mention while the rest is just ok.

Now everybody is complaining about the sponsor, I honestly don't mind the main sponsor being in a different color;
take the Flamengo away for example, the blue doesn't bother but in the home it does but thats cause the logo is unnecessarily huge.
I think what kills Cruzeiro kits is not the orange but the colorful sleeve logo. Sometimes is not about color but application.

Oh and the training looks like that Italy supposedly 2010 kit with the muscles.

Haha some Avai games get really color confusing indeed, every team that had white had problems there last year.
Is that Kristin Kreuk?

agree..that fabio kit is totally useless..he wont be able to use it... so like in past years we know he will be using some other alternate kits since he seems to not like the default rbk gk kits... im guessing he will be using the green kit(really nice btw, my fav.) and he will also use the special WC kit that will be released soon(i bet its nothing more than a yollow shirt with our logos....)

Any good photos new puma templates ? that use national teams.

PWRC-1.10 template. Or possibly Jubilo-Iwata pics ?

ugliest bayern home kit since ages..
and black/red socks would look great on a black/red third kit.. but not on this!!

lovely bayern kit....ok the socks dont fit to the rest but the kit itself is great!!

btw it is an anniversary kit!! 110 years FCB.

Arsenal Insider has reported that the club will be wearing a new home kit next season designed after their 1971 kit, celebrating the clubs 125th anniversary
“AS FTK revealed last week, Nike and the club are said to have agreed on a design based on the traditional red shirts with white sleeves much to the relief of some of our fans who had feared the club were set to abandon the white sleeves altogether.”

Back
Top Bottom