New Evo-Web beta site (XenForo 2.1)

Mart

Executive Janitor
Staff
28 February 2002
NYC
Darlington FC
Hello! Things have been working too smoothly recently so it's time to upgrade our forum software again. XenForo 2.1 has been out for a while now (we're still on the 1.x train) and includes a lot of new features as well as being more 'modern' overall.

I set up a beta site and would very much like your feedback.

https://beta.evo-web.co.uk

There are a lot of new bits and bobs but for us the main things are:
  • Updated look and feel
  • Dark mode skin
  • Improved Discord integration
  • Push notifications (this is reliant on the web standard approach, which means Safari on Mac and iOS browsers do not currently support them)
If you can spend a few minutes of your time logging in and looking at stuff then letting me know your thoughts it would be appreciated. Let me know here or in the beta forum but bear in mind everything in there will be deleted when we upgrade.

Email has been completely disabled on the beta site to prevent people being spammed. The backup in use on the site is from June this year so it won't reflect any changes made to user accounts in the last couple of months.

If you have any questions, holler at me, siblings.

Last edited:
Woah! Looking sexy! :D

One small suggestion though: In the light theme could you maybe make the white a little less white? A very light, very subtle grey?.

Wasn’t those two in a different order before?
Post reply then insert quotes.
Now it’s the opposite,that’s what caused me confusion
Or is it dementia?
Pretty sure it’s a switcharoo on those two buttons

I dont mind the dark theme. I like it.
One thing - if there is a thread with multiple pages - i dont see mini page numbers in threads titles.
Dont know if you follow me, but lets say Pes20 had 60 pages, but when I click to the thread it sends me to page 1.

• Staff
I dont mind the dark theme. I like it.
One thing - if there is a thread with multiple pages - i dont see mini page numbers in threads titles.
Dont know if you follow me, but lets say Pes20 had 60 pages, but when I click to the thread it sends me to page 1.
The page numbers are below the thread title. The other thing is that normally XF would keep track of where you'd read to last time - we don't have that right now in the beta site because all of the threads have effectively been inactive for a couple of months.

Reactions: Tom
Is Discord integrated properly yet?
It doesn't "recognize" my usual Discord login credentials. When I click on login (or "join") it open the discord web app instead of letting me use it from Evo-Web. So it's either or.

it is better
but i have some suggestions :
- can you put country flag instead of location(image replace text field)
- if you want use grid view for forums and nodes it is so good

Is Discord integrated properly yet?
It doesn't "recognize" my usual Discord login credentials. When I click on login (or "join") it open the discord web app instead of letting me use it from Evo-Web. So it's either or.
Not sure, I'm logged in and it shows me Discord embedded in the site. Maybe after you're logged in it works OK?

The page numbers are below the thread title. The other thing is that normally XF would keep track of where you'd read to last time - we don't have that right now in the beta site because all of the threads have effectively been inactive for a couple of months.
Oh, that would be handy to have, if it remembered your last place visited..

But I was talking about main page with threads.
I dont see the page numbers there..
Screenshot_20190809-164127_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190809-164002_Chrome.jpg

Might be a mobile/responsive thing, I'll look into it, thanks!

Hello! Things have been working too smoothly recently so it's time to upgrade our forum software again. XenForo 2.1 has been out for a while now (we're still on the 1.x train) and includes a lot of new features as well as being more 'modern' overall.

I set up a beta site and would very much like your feedback.

https://beta.evo-web.co.uk

There are a lot of new bits and bobs but for us the main things are:

• Updated look and feel
    Dark mode skin
    Improved Discord integration
    Push notifications (this is reliant on the web standard approach, which means Safari on Mac and iOS browsers do not currently support them)
If you can spend a few minutes of your time logging in and looking at stuff then letting me know your thoughts it would be appreciated. Let me know here or in the beta forum but bear in mind everything in there will be deleted when we upgrade.

Email has been completely disabled on the beta site to prevent people being spammed. The backup in use on the site is from June this year so it won't reflect any changes made to user accounts in the last couple of months.

If you have any questions, holler at me, siblings.
The new site give me an error when I do the login with Google account

Thanks - I've disabled the third party sign-in links on the beta site. They will be fine when we migrate as the normal/non-beta site will be recognised by Google etc.
If I create and account with EvoWeb beta, It will work on It?

When upgrading site the old thread will be deleted ? I mean The editing forum such as PES2017-PES2019. Because I still want to see the tutorial and solving problems. Thank You.

If I create and account with EvoWeb beta, It will work on It?
You can create a separate account on the beta site - there is just no link to third party sign-in now. The beta data itself will be deleted as part of our upgrade.

When upgrading site the old thread will be deleted ? I mean The editing forum such as PES2017-PES2019. Because I still want to see the tutorial and solving problems. Thank You.
All of the data we currently have here will be included - nothing will be deleted as part of this upgrade.

I can't seem to get the discord count thing to go away mate, & I don't seem to be logged into discord although I am logged in on the app...my evo web account & discord are linked (associated)

Untitled-1.png

You can create a separate account on the beta site - there is just no link to third party sign-in now. The beta data itself will be deleted as part of our upgrade.
When I create the account the confirmation via email don’t work probably because the beta site add a dot on the end of the email (for example gmail.com.)
B69F5496-E37E-4290-A22D-EA8AD92454CA.jpeg

Reactions: Tom
I'm really, really liking this new design.

Making polls have an option to make the results not visible until it has closed (or not visible at all to anyone buy the author) would be great, but visually I'm a big fan.

One thing I have noticed is the bottom of the screen doesn't seem to resize correctly when altering your window size.

Fullscreen and very narrow is fine, but in the middle creates a large gap.

The 'contact us' etc info right at the very bottom doesn't align particulary well either, but now I'm just nitpicking :D

upload_2019-8-9_19-30-5.png

upload_2019-8-9_19-25-53.png

upload_2019-8-9_19-26-17.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-9_19-25-28.png
    upload_2019-8-9_19-25-28.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 7
When I create the account the confirmation via email don’t work probably because the beta site add a dot on the end of the email (for example gmail.com.)
View attachment 18313
There's no email on the beta site - can you send me your username via PM (here or on the beta site) and I'll activate your account.
I've activated your account on there now, thanks for your patience!

I'm really, really liking this new design.

Making polls have an option to make the results not visible until it has closed (or not visible at all to anyone buy the author) would be great, but visually I'm a big fan.
We (Tom) already found an add-on that will let us control poll results like that, once we've upgraded I'll add that.

@Chuny and @Hawke - looking into the Discord thing to see how it's meant to work.

Thanks, @OBH, will take a look.

There's no email on the beta site - can you send me your username via PM (here or on the beta site) and I'll activate your account.
I've activated your account on there now, thanks for your patience!
Thanks, don't worry, I know that a beta can have problems like this.

Dark mode is more pleasing on the eye in my opinion. Would it be possible to allow jpegs to be added instead of urls. Just easier to put screen shots attaching jpegs?

Back
Top Bottom