NBA 2K General Thread

To celebrate the release of 2k22 I bought 21 today ,I've had it in game pass since December I think ,and it was removed this month.
The good thing with last year's game is that all the bugs are ironed out ,plus all the rosters are up to date (and tendencies/stats are accurate for every player)

I'm going to put myself in the draft class ,SIM last season and see which team drafts me for this season and play out a career on Myleague.
So much fun
How do you update the rosters for the new season? Would love it if its possible thanks

How do you update the rosters for the new season? Would love it if its possible thanks
Check for rosters made by by the Community in the "create a roster section/user made"
I use the the latest official rosters and have simmed a year so it's not that important with up to date rosters to me

Last edited:
I will probably pass on 2k22. I need a break from basketball gaming. I have 2k21 and 2k20 and from what I've heard from serious basketball gamers its not drastically diff although defense got a big boost. I do like that they added unique PA/play by play announcers for every team tho. Only sports game I can see myself purchasing this year is the esports boxing club as it has been years since we got a decent boxing game.

I will probably pass on 2k22. I need a break from basketball gaming. I have 2k21 and 2k20 and from what I've heard from serious basketball gamers its not drastically diff although defense got a big boost. I do like that they added unique PA/play by play announcers for every team tho. Only sports game I can see myself purchasing this year is the esports boxing club as it has been years since we got a decent boxing game.
Im perfectly happy playing my 21 too.
I will get the new gen around Xmas I guess ,when the price has dropped

Really tempted by NBA 2K22 as a sports fan in general, but I've tried previous NBA 2K games and been put off by the complexity of it (don't know anything about basketball and know less about what I should be doing with a controller in my hand).

Should I take the plunge on 2K22? Wondering what it's like for a complete amateur...

Really tempted by NBA 2K22 as a sports fan in general, but I've tried previous NBA 2K games and been put off by the complexity of it (don't know anything about basketball and know less about what I should be doing with a controller in my hand).

Should I take the plunge on 2K22? Wondering what it's like for a complete amateur...
I think you should get it. Deepest franchise mode in any console sports game (there are some issues though). Gameplay is really good (might be kinda hard since they tightened up the defense). Check out my videos if you haven't already.

It's like me when MLB got released on Xbox ,so pumped up ,though I know the basic of baseball ,I felt lost.
Gave up quite early.
But if you get some deeper knowledge or just play casual on any of the great career modes (not mycareer) you'd might learn a lot.

But (not scaring you) a very tough game to master (both basketball and 2k) when to set picks etc ,those are the things that makes this game shines ,what you set out to do ,if smart ,you can!
Can only agree with @Becanes that this is the deepest (you'd be surprised) career/franchise mode there is.
I absolutely love this franchise , whether it's 2k14-2k22 it's brilliant.

Check out some myleague videos on YT.
And yes ,get it!

It's like me when MLB got released on Xbox ,so pumped up ,though I know the basic of baseball ,I felt lost.
Gave up quite early.
But if you get some deeper knowledge or just play casual on any of the great career modes (not mycareer) you'd might learn a lot.

But (not scaring you) a very tough game to master (both basketball and 2k) when to set picks etc ,those are the things that makes this game shines ,what you set out to do ,if smart ,you can!
Can only agree with @Becanes that this is the deepest (you'd be surprised) career/franchise mode there is.
I absolutely love this franchise , whether it's 2k14-2k22 it's brilliant.

Check out some myleague videos on YT.
And yes ,get it!
I'll be starting a MyNBA (the new MyLeague) at some point some. I'll be putting it on YouTube so hopefully you guys will follow along.

I'll be starting a MyNBA (the new MyLeague) at some point some. I'll be putting it on YouTube so hopefully you guys will follow along.
Absolutely ,sucks that steaming is a bitch (sound) on 2k.
Love Myleague/myNba ,never really interested in mycareer ,think I played it on 13-14-15 then Myleague since

Absolutely ,sucks that steaming is a bitch (sound) on 2k.
Love Myleague/myNba ,never really interested in mycareer ,think I played it on 13-14-15 then Myleague since
I think they actually made the sound work on streaming 2k from the console. I use my capture card though so it should sound good. Hope to get started really soon. I have young kids so it's sometimes hard for me to record my voice either has I play or voice over after.

I think they actually made the sound work on streaming 2k from the console. I use my capture card though so it should sound good. Hope to get started really soon. I have young kids so it's sometimes hard for me to record my voice either has I play or voice over after.
It's gotta be the first game (except 15) that you can capture sound straight from the console on.
Let me know when you're up and running.
Which team?
I always go for rebuilds ,Pistons right now

If you buy it we have some guys working on a Roster that will make it play a lot more realistic.
I usually DL from OS ,cant remember which i used for 2k20.

Are you changing tendencies etc?
Which platforms ?
Deffo interested ,give me a shout

Last edited:
I usually DL from OS ,cant remember which i used for 2k20.

Are you changing tendencies etc?
Which platforms ?
Deffo interested ,give me a shout
It's not my roster by yes Tendencies, playbooks, attributes etc are being changed. It will be on XBOX and PS5. Check the roster section on OS. It's called Attention to Detail. Check out my latest youtube videos. I'm playing with the roster.

It's not my roster by yes Tendencies, playbooks, attributes etc are being changed. It will be on XBOX and PS5. Check the roster section on OS. It's called Attention to Detail. Check out my latest youtube videos. I'm playing with the roster.
I remember them/that roster for 2k19 (or 20) .
I followed that thread on OS ,not sure they ported it over to Xbox back then though.
Yeah I'll check your vids out bro.

It is released for XBOX X right now. It will be out for PS5 in the next couple of weeks.
I Downloaded The Attention to details for my 2k21 ,bought 22 the other day but haven't really started it yet.
Takes a bit of time to set it up right (sliders/settings etc)

Btw any good draft classes?
I usually use OH YES ENT's draft classes.

Last edited:
Playing time.
NBA 2k21 7 D 4 hrs 25 min.
NBA 2k20 10 D 9 hrs 41 min.
NBA 2k19 7 D 23 hrs 0 min.
NBA 2k18 3 D 6 hrs 25 min.

Couldn't get info on 17+16+15+14+13+12+11
But I'm sure that 17/16/15/14/13 were played at least 5-10 days each

I played Mycareer (hate that mode) on my 2k14+15 yesterday ,and though some scripting it still plays very good ,the fact that you can chose "SIM" as gameplay setting is so good.
Comparing looks and gameplay for these two Vs Pes/Fifa 14/15 and it's insane how far ahead they were

Hard at work.
Got careers going on 2k14-15-17-20-21-22.
Started mycareers on 14-15 ,two of my favourite games ,a my league on 17 and 20 ,plus myNba on 21-22.
Gotta say that my myleague on 20 is the one I like the most ,a rebuild of Timberwolves.
Very very time consuming

Hard at work.
Got careers going on 2k14-15-17-20-21-22.
Started mycareers on 14-15 ,two of my favourite games ,a my league on 17 and 20 ,plus myNba on 21-22.
Gotta say that my myleague on 20 is the one I like the most ,a rebuild of Timberwolves.
Very very time consuming

I see a lot of reviews trashing this series. Is it mostly because of MTX? As an offline player for a career is it OK? I had 2k13 i think it was (one that had Jordan at several points in his career) it was fun although I didn't get too invested bc I don't follow NBA too much. But gameplay was good
Wish they would bring back NCAA titles. Ncaa 2k8 was fantastic.

I see a lot of reviews trashing this series. Is it mostly because of MTX? As an offline player for a career is it OK? I had 2k13 i think it was (one that had Jordan at several points in his career) it was fun although I didn't get too invested bc I don't follow NBA too much. But gameplay was good
Wish they would bring back NCAA titles. Ncaa 2k8 was fantastic.
Mtx ,and the usual online crowd thrashing their own game.
It's by far the best offline career mode when it comes to sports games ,MLB the show being the second best.(not including FM here)
2k11 is the one your thinking about.
Great game.
So many options as a console/pc user to set up your game ,download community made roster/settings/kits etc.
Plus the amount of sliders to set up your game to sim Basketball ,there's no sports title out there that comes close.
You can customise everything.

Luckily enough I love basketball ,so this series is the one I treasure the most (FIFA/Pes) love running/playing a team for the long haul.
The thing with NBA 2k is that they cover all sorts of players and modes ,cheesy FUT /casual and SIM gamers.
What we'd like to have in FIFA ,one gameplay for offline players and one for online players have always been in 2k.
I really love playing it

Mtx ,and the usual online crowd thrashing their own game.
It's by far the best offline career mode when it comes to sports games ,MLB the show being the second best.(not including FM here)
2k11 is the one your thinking about.
Great game.
So many options as a console/pc user to set up your game ,download community made roster/settings/kits etc.
Plus the amount of sliders to set up your game to sim Basketball ,there's no sports title out there that comes close.
You can customise everything.

Luckily enough I love basketball ,so this series is the one I treasure the most (FIFA/Pes) love running/playing a team for the long haul.
The thing with NBA 2k is that they cover all sorts of players and modes ,cheesy FUT /casual and SIM gamers.
What we'd like to have in FIFA ,one gameplay for offline players and one for online players have always been in 2k.
I really love playing it
Thanks man. Will keep an eye out for w good price. Custom Rosters are available in console too right? Like madden?

Back
Top Bottom