Mortal Kombat 2021

Hiroyuki Sanada and Joe Taslim as Scorpion and Sub-Zero is very cool casting. Not sure why they had to invent a new character for the movie in this Cole Young though, there are... *googles* 97 characters in the series so far. If it is just Johnny Cage with a different name, then... meh.

Hiroyuki Sanada and Joe Taslim as Scorpion and Sub-Zero is very cool casting. Not sure why they had to invent a new character for the movie in this Cole Young though, there are... *googles* 97 characters in the series so far. If it is just Johnny Cage with a different name, then... meh.

One of the weak points so far surely....but i read a theory about him, maybe spoilerish so i wont bring it up. The director seems like really respecting the source material so well see.

This also might be a future cinematic universe with all the options on hand.

So the Cole Young dude is the child that the mother hides in the beginning?
Yes..

I watched it today, was probably better than expected.
But not as good as I remember the original Mortal Kombat.

I would give it a 2.5/5..
The story played out as expected and no major shocks throughout.

But how does a Japanese hero warrior end up with his blood line somehow end up in Chicago? And why do all these ancient warriors also happen in live in modern day America - I guess the world is a very small place.

Fights are good but its very forgetable, dialogue is poor and the story is a mess. The original MK movie still has its charm and the characters had chemistry there.

New MK movie far exceeds its predecessor? Or is more faithful and attached to history...

Back
Top Bottom