@kibaxx7 Thanks bro! Yeah, it was a real challenge, especially in a tough edition like FIFA 15. I've thoroughly enjoyed it!

It was my first season in a FIFA Manager Mode and it was a blast! I love to switch off between PES and FIFA! Two different games, two different personalities, but the immersion in both is really awesome! :)

In fact, I haven't dediced whether to continue on with Benitez's story or go back to Comizzo's (or Werder), as I'm enjoying all three stories so much! Here's what I do know for sure: They are all ongoing and will continue indefinitely! :TU:

Last edited:
Which one will be the winner? :THINK::LMAO:
It's difficult to say, my friend!! I enjoy both PES and FIFA a lot, they have completely different personalities and characters! It all depends on feeling. :TU:
Heheheh Comizzo and his gang will be back very soon, Sensei!! I consider it my main story, and with your gameplay mods for PES 2021!! :YES: :APPLAUD:

Hey man, just wanting to say that i have enjoyed your master league stories ever since I discovered them and it's been fun reading them, hope the stories never end dude!

Last edited:
1709894663570.png

UNHA CIDADE CONTIGO!! THANK YOU RAFA!! (FIFA 15)
SUPER DEPOR SEASON 2: A WHOLE CITY STANDS BEHIND BENITEZ!

38 Matches Played
wins, 15 draws, 10 losses
8th in Spanish La Liga!

Sometimes I ask myself: What is success in football? Is it only defined by trophies, league titles, international competitions? If that were the case, then 99 percent of all clubs in the world would be abject failures, as most haven't won titles or haven't done so in many years, or haven't even qualified for international cups.. Is success only the shimmering glitter of the trophy as the players douse each other in champagne in multi-million stadiums, in front of ESPN or Sky Sports Cameras, under the complete gaze of the Sports World? Is this success, is this the only measure of it? Of course not. Success is completely relative to the team, to its particular and ever-changing circumstances, like a reflection that changes its shape in the water when a pebble is thrown, waves and circles transforming reality, transforming the way we see it, creating different expectations. In football, like in life, everything is subject to perception.

Rafa Benitez's second season with Deportivo La Coruña (affectionately known as Super Depor) was a resounding success. In his first season, he earned the management's respect. In his second season, he earned the fans' love. Did we win any trophies? No. Did we qualify for Europe? Think again. But this was a beautiful season, one that Depor's fans will cherish for a long time, a season of struggle, of poetry, motion, and most importantly, of humility.

Coming into our second season, Depor was faced with an immense challenge. Eleven players (a crazy number! many of them were starters), had departed the team due to their loanee status, going back to their original squads. This left us quite depleted, and faced with what seemed like an insurmountable hurdle: Would we be able to repeat our historic first season campaign? If you remember, in our first year we were tasked with a very straightforward mission: Avoid relegation. And not only did we do this, but we for sure over-achieved, finishing 11th in the league with a record of 14-7-17. The Depor board, more than satisfied with this outcome, rewarded Rafa with a second season contract, but this time, with a different task: Reach the Round of 32 of the Copa del Rey, and much more importantly, finish midtable in La Liga! Would we be able to repeat our feat with such a depleted squad? To some it might seem unfair that the board would expect so much of Benitez and the players, especially after the departure of so many of our key contributors from last season.

With only 10 million euros to spend in the offseason transfer market (man, the board has been stingy as hell!) we had a difficult mission: Replenish our team and try to field a respectable squad and one that could compete for midtable.. This seemed like a colossal task, especially given the fact that we were a weaker team than the year before, at least in terms of raw talent. But we soldiered on: Led by first year stalwarts Helder Postiga, Haris Medunjanin, and Juan Dominguez, we soon picked up Kim Seung-Dae from the K-League to reinforce our frontline, a speedy yet unproven player at a bargain price. But lo-and-behold, little did we know, that he would join the other established 3 players to form a quartet which would lead us to a memorable season!

1709956243700.png

Yet there's an important point that I think is important to stress: None of this was known at the start of the season. Kim was an unproven quantity, Postiga was an efficient and charismatic striker, but was aging, and the dual center midfield combo of Medunjanin and Dominguez, while talented, didn't exactly strike fear in 2016 La Liga. Complemented with a group of role players, would Depor be able to achieve the board's lofty goal with a less talented overall squad? All Benitez knew is that we had to approach this season with an immense lack of vanity, knowing that probably in each match, we would be facing more talented squads, many of which would triple us in budget if not more. But, and this I must repeat: This was the challenge that Rafa was looking for. We had to keep our heads down, knowing in the depth of our hearts that we belonged in first division, and try to prove all naysayers wrong!

Surprisingly enough, we held our own in the first quarter of the season, as we went 3-2-4 in our first ten games. After going 1-1-2 in our first four, (Against Athletic 1-1, followed by a 1-0 away to loss to Villarreal, then our first victory 1-0 vs Betis at our stadium and losing 3-1 vs Valencia in fixture 4), we achieved a significant win against Espanyol in fixture 5. This match was worthy of attention, as our two forwards, Helder Postiga and newly acquired Kim Seung-Dae, scored an effective one-two punch against the Catalan side, the seeds of a striker collaboration which would bear fruits throughout the season, as you will see! The Espanyol match was followed by a 2-0 away loss to Valladolid, yet we rebounded well in Fixture 7 with a 2-1 win against Eibar in our grounds. These two aforementioned victories (fixtures 5 and 7) were significant in the sense that they represented a true coming out party for Kim, scoring two goals which proved decisive and creating a true on-field rapport with Postiga (Our Portuguese star coolly scored a penalty vs Eibar to seal the win)! And even though fixtures 8, 9 and 10 were a bit more mixed (a 4-1 loss against a very in-form Barca, a 0-0 draw against Sporting Gijón and a 1-1 away result vs Málaga), we were doing much better than expected with one quarter of the season down.

What came next was incredible: We improved upon this unexpected form all the way up until the midseason break, going 4-3-2 in our following 9 matches and moving up in the standings in totally unforeseen and grueling fashion! Fixtures 11-15 were particularly positive for us, as we were unbeaten (with a 1-0 victory against Granada, followed by a 0-0 draw against Atlético Madrid, a 3-2 win against Elche at home, an impressive 0-1 away victory against Sevilla in fixture 14, and a 1-1 draw against Getafe in the following match. This represented a wonderful run for us, especially given the circumstances). Despite the fact that fixtures 16-19 were a bit more mixed (a 4-1 loss against Real, an always important 1-2 win in our Galician Derby against Celta de Vigo, and a couple of 1-1 draws against Rayo Vallecano and Real Sociedad in fixtures 18 and 19), we closed out the first half of the season strongly, riding on the heels of an astonishing run which was above and beyond all predictions at the start of the season (more on that later)! A side note: We also reached the R16 in the Copa de Rey in this span, decisively beating Malaga in the R32 before bowing out to Celta in the R16. (It is important to note that Benitez decided to prioritize La Liga over the Domestic Cup, and often fielded our second team filled with former free agents and bargain players).

Naturally, and as a consequence of our league performance, there were several important highlights in this first half. I would say that the most significant match was Fixture 12 against Simeone's Atletico: It was our first point in two years against the Big 3 (no small task, this!), and we withstood an offensive onslaught as they outshot us 13-1.. A great performance by our defense! Fixture 17 was also a great result: The Galician Derby against Celta. We were looking for comeuppance for our Cup elimination, and this victory had extra spicy condiments: We got one back against our eternal rivals, and the match featured an outstanding performance by our backup striker, soon to be retired ex-Panathinaikos José Toché, who WILLED our team with a brace. After the first half of the season ended, we were 7-5-6, and get this: We had climbed up all the way to SIXTH PLACE. and suddenly, at the halfway point, BENITEZ HAD STEERED DEPOR INTO EUROPA LEAGUE POSITION!! :BSCARF:

1709962771414.png

Needless to say, this was an amazing, a truly remarkable feat. Yet, as it is always the case, tough challenges would loom ahead. Would we be able to maintain this torrid pace? Not so fast. In our following 10 matches (fixtures 20-29), we would definitely come back to earth, going 2-4-4. A wakeup call? Maybe. Were we recipients of untimely injuries? Absolutely. But perhaps more realistically, this run brought us back midtable before the final stretch of the season. Malaga stopped our run, handing us a 0-1 defeat in our stadium, and while we were able to rebound against Sporting Gijón with a 0-2 victory in fixture 21, we lost our following match 2-1 on the road against Rayo Vallecano. This would set up yet another edition of the Galician Derby against Celta de Vigo (the fourth time we would meet them this season), and in this time, no differences were created as the final score read 1-1. In fixture 24, the Yellow Submarine of Villarreal showed their difference in quality, beating us 1-2 in a battle for table position, and we finished this stretch with a couple of dramatic draws (1-1 vs Athletic-in a match where Kim had the game winner and was all alone in literally the last play of the match- and yet stealing yet another point 0-0, against Atlético Madrid). Drawing against Simeone's squad was an encouraging sign. Nevertheless ,it was true that our players had hit the proverbial midseason wall and had run a bit out of steam, as this run had brought us back to 10th place, 8 points out of Europa League position and perhaps-realistically speaking-effectively ending European aspirations for this season. Imporantly. injuries yet again played a role in this run of encounters, as two of our four musketeers, Medujanin and Postiga, were injured for long stretches during this period. Had the grind of La Liga exposed our lack of depth? Absolutely. We had performed really well this season, but we were reliant on top-heavy performance. We were a bit unlucky against Bilbao as Kim's shot at the very end could've given us 3 points instead of 1 but despite that, yes.. We were back at midtable! Still overachieving, remarkably, but our lack of depth was a bit evident at this stage.

Yet, in another twist and turn in this roller-coaster of a season: We would recover near the finish line, going 5-5-2 to close it out and running on a hot streak which propelled us back up in the standings! The next two matches would be momentous for very different reasons: Fixture 27 would feature the return of Helder Postiga after a long injury absence (The Portuguese has been great for us, as both an emotional leader and on the pitch, but he has been very injury prone in the Benitez years). And come back he did, combining his play brilliantly with Kim Seung-Dae (the Korean scored a goal after a VIRTUOSO run using his pace, and found Postiga with a perfect through ball in the second half) to come back from a 1-0 deficit to beat Granada 1-2 in a performance that showcased not only talent, but also a lot of guts, a trademark of Rafa's teams. Fixture 28 was also a STUNNING result, a 0-0 draw against none other than the League Leaders, mighty Real Madrid at the Bernabéu. What was impressive about this draw, in addition to it being against one of the best Madrids in history (BBC, Modric and Kroos and Casemiro, Sergio Ramos, etc), was that we did it with our SECOND TEAM! (Facing a grueling schedule of 3 matches in one week, Benitez chose to field our bench players. Everyone, the press, the fans, everyone and their mother were expecting a drubbing, but nobody saw this 0-0 draw coming, we even had some chances in a brilliant tactical display by Benitez. Overall, a great result. And despite the fact that we lost the next match against Getafe 3-2, we then went on yet another patented run in fixtures 30-32, but this time, with a super-exciting twist: It wasn't just the fact that we won three games in a row! No, that would've been epic enough. It was the WAY that we won them, as our offense remarkably exploded for 10 goals!! (a 2-1 victory against Real Sociedad, a 4-1 drubbing against Valladolid, and a 1-4 goal festival against Espanyol, with amazing performances by Postiga and Kim, scoring a Brace and a Hat-Trick, respectively!) This was a bewildering explosion of goals, to put it mildly!! Up until then, our team had been known for grinding it out, low-scoring games and close encounters.. So this Carnival definitely came as a surprise: Our strikers had woken up and had pulled out all the stops!!

After the razzle-dazzle of this offensive display, we were facing only 6 fixtures until the end of the season. Fixture 33 would have us visit Barca at Camp Nou. This was a good match, especially given the quality of our opposition, and if it weren't for a brilliant individual play by Neymar Jr., we would've escaped with a point! (Kim even had a chance to equalize at the end like @slamsoze noticed!). Despite the 1-0 loss, this was more than a valiant effort against MSN and a Barcelona which still included Inesta and was one of the best squads ever assembled. A remarkable result in a surprisingly positive season in which we drew Atletico Madrid twice and also drew against Real in the Bernabéu. (I actually think these have been benchmarks in our campaign, as we have stood up to the big 3 and even though we haven't been able to beat them, we have kept our ground). After a rather uneventful 1-1 draw in fixture 34 against Eibar (the waters had to become calm sometime, didn't they?), it was time for the GOAL FESTIVAL to make a comeback, as we played what was undoubtedly the craziest match of the season, an INSANE 4-4 draw at home against Sevilla (or should I say Carlos Bacca? He scored all 4 of their goals!) 8 goals in one match! Absolutely an event that had be seen to be believed (Kim continued on with his torrid pace, scoring another hat trick in an absolutely historic night! If it weren't for costly defensive mistakes and the fact that Bacca was on fire, this could've been our most epic win of the season, instead, it was the craziest!!) This was followed by a great away 1-3 win against Elche, before closing out the season with a couple of draw results against opponents with vastly different realities and at opposite ends of the table: 1-1 vs #3 Valencia and a 0-0 away match against a very inspired Betis (who were in a desperate fight to avoid relegation but we kept them from recording a victory)! Obviously a very consequential match for them, yet we took it very seriously as well as we wanted to finish in the top 8, a symbolic gesture that moreso than the points (we were far from European spots long ago), served as an objective reality: We wanted to be amongst the 8 best teams in Spain, and we did it, with a depleted squad, no less!!

Circling back at the end of the season, I can confidently state that Rafa Benitez's second year at Super Depor was MASSIVE. So much so, that he earned the complete trust of the board, and much more importantly, total devotion from a city that was nostalgic for relevance! No, we didn't qualify for Europe this season, and even though it would've been a great feat it really doesn't matter at this point. We fought, we streaked, we swooned, but in the end, not only did we persevere, but we brought back first division relevance to La Coruña, in the myriad and mysterious Northwestern state of Spain. Galician lands, colder and completely connected to its martime traditions, dark and cloudy, with a fanbase which usually doesn't bask under the sun but withstands and even enjoys the moody weather, grey clouds, cold Atlantic air and rain.. In matches that at times seem more like they are being played in Scotland than in the sunny Iberian Peninsula.. With the languid and somewhat melancholic sounds of Catalan mixing in with Spanish.. A hero emerged. Rafa Benitez, of Valencia and Liverpool fame, completely cast out from Madrid, remembered fondly at Newcastle, is now seen as a Giant in Deportivo La Coruña.

1709978964276.png

Rafa Benitez: "I cannot emphasize enough the importance of humility. It's humilty which enabled us to reach this point. Humility is what grounded us in every single match, in every fight for possession and clearance, in every attempt to tackle and dispossess. Does talent alone guarantee success? Does hard work? Perhaps not one without the other. But when we are not abundant in the first, we must emphasize the second. Yet again, I must once again ask all of you, all of you gathered here. What is success? Do you live your lives, waking up every morning thinking of success in your head? Doesn't this become a bit tiresome after a while? Yes, Football is a Sport, and we all play to win. But maybe, just maybe there's something beyond winning. Maybe, just maybe, what makes us become enamoured with football, and also with life is something that might sound unromantic, but might be the secret to happiness. Maybe football, like life, like love, is not about winning, but about BUILDING."

1709977135423.png

:BSCARF::TU: Stay tuned to the next edition of Millossobek's Master League Stories! :TU::BSCARF:
Comments are welcome!:YES:

Last edited:
What I love the most about this thread, it's not just coz' has a focal point to tell stories... but how those are told and exposed in sync with images, videos and in context with the narrative. It's just amazing that every single story feels unique because of the sheer amount of PES/FIFA past games, but also how diverse are picked managers, clubs and nations that from a real life point of view makes sense with a touchable flavor regarding a fantasy & parallel historic perspective... :APPLAUD:

Keep the good work mate !!! :RSCARF:

@etb10dmk Yeah man! I always try to make fantasy connect with reality in my stories! For example, if I am playing with a real-life manager, I always try to follow his personality, or at least how I perceive it to be! Comizzo with his fighting temperament, Benitez the hardworking and grounded approach, etc, yet at the same time, leave a lot of space for imagination , storytelling, and emotion! And I agree: There are so many games to choose from, it really is depending on the mood and the time period you want to play! The immersion in football games is fantastic. :)

Thanks a lot for your support and for following the thread, bro! It really is great to hear that you're enjoying the ride!

I am still debating whether I'm going to continue with my PES 2021 Peruvian Master League or my FIFA 15 Career mode in Spain. These are my two main stories at the moment, and I really want to continue both. In anycase, stay tuned for more updates! :BSCARF:

@etb10dmk Yeah man! I always try to make fantasy connect with reality in my stories! For example, if I am playing with a real-life manager, I always try to follow his personality, or at least how I perceive it to be! Comizzo with his fighting temperament, Benitez the hardworking and grounded approach, etc, yet at the same time, leave a lot of space for imagination , storytelling, and emotion! And I agree: There are so many games to choose from, it really is depending on the mood and the time period you want to play! The immersion in football games is fantastic. :)

Thanks a lot for your support and for following the thread, bro! It really is great to hear that you're enjoying the ride!

I am still debating whether I'm going to continue with my PES 2021 Peruvian Master League or my FIFA 15 Career mode in Spain. These are my two main stories at the moment, and I really want to continue both. In anycase, stay tuned for more updates! :BSCARF:
My vote for FIFA 15. It feels more fresh to me. Additionally i would like to see some FIFA14 Story, as it has gathered a lot of praise and I've not seen enough gameplay footage.

1711186949640.png

THE WERDERANER!!!!! (PES 2009, Season 3)

Özil, Ono, Appiah, and Pizarro Lead Werder Bremen to the Champions League!!
(My First Ever Champions League in my ML Stories!!)

1711185877068.png

:GSCARF: Stay Tuned, my Friends!! :GSCARF:
:TU: - Millossobek - :TU:

Last edited:
Get ready for Midfield Battles and Tenacious Mentality..

Introducing.. My Official Werder Bremen FIFTH MUSKETEER.. Joining Pizarro, Ozil, Appiah, and Ono..

Star Defensive Midfielder..

1711818702977.png

:GSCARF: BLAISE MATUIDI!!!!! :GSCARF:
Manager Millossobek: "Adding a player of Blaise's quality will pay immediate dividents for our team. He will be the anchor of our midfield, completing our midfield revolution that I envisioned 3 years ago, and his tenacious defensive skills will be complemented with a very well balanced all around game. I don't see him as a Defensive Midfielder only, but a complete, dynamic multi-faceted modern player, one that will defend, attack, build up play, help in everything. I am not usually one to sing praises after the transfer window, but I can't contain my excitement at Blaise's arrival. He also happens to be a great person, with a humble and easygoing yet strong personality. This is a win-win for the Werderaner."

Matuidi: "It's an honor to wear this shirt.. Growing up in Fontenay-sous-Bois, I grew up admiring Jay-Jay Okocha, so I appreciate a little flair. But as my footballing career has progressed, I have developed my own identity as a player. My main love is defending and tackling, but I also love distributing the ball, and helping in the attack as well. But moreso than talking so much about tactics, I will assure you that I will bring a mentality that will complement the existing Four Musketeers. I am not looking to shine individually. I am not looking for personal glory. What I am looking for is team glory, give this mythical shirt the respect and love it deserves, to get along well with my teammates, and to let my game speak for itself. I cannot wait to play my first Champions League Match!!"

:GSCARF: More Coming Up Soon!! :GSCARF:
:TU: - Millossobek - :TU:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom