Microsoft Xbox 360

Just pick up the original for about £4-5 if you want to jump round Crackdown again I reckon.

So is there any benefit(besides 250gb hdd) in buying this new 360 over the old one?
(Since the Jasper versions are aparently 3rl free*)

Uses half the electricity of the old one so if your utility bills are high and you have to pay yourself that's worth considering, for me the main attraction is reduced noise.

I know it works jay, but is it better? or significantly better?

I think somebody got one and mentioned it a while ago.

From what I could remember they had a bit of trouble setting it up. But they said it was much better than the old one. (could be wrong but thats what I remember)

I have the old one and have had no problems with it at all. My xbox is upstairs and my router is downstairs in the front room and it works fine.

Uses half the electricity of the old one so if your utility bills are high and you have to pay yourself that's worth considering, for me the main attraction is reduced noise.

Yeh thats something.. but i doubt the deduct in my electricity bill would be worth the price diference(at least for a few months)

Yeh thats something.. but i doubt the deduct in my electricity bill would be worth the price diference(at least for a few months)

Well presumably you'll sell your old one second hand? In which case the extra cost is only the difference between the two minus the amount you save on electric, over a few months you could have made the money back :)

Well presumably you'll sell your old one second hand? In which case the extra cost is only the difference between the two minus the amount you save on electric, over a few months you could have made the money back :)

I dont have a 360 atm :(

Sold my last one(European one) and im regreting a lot now...:(

Not really, Game give you 100 quid for an Elite, 80 for a 60Gb Premium, and so on, prob about 40p for an Arcade.

Funnily enough I stripped it down completely and removed the motherboard and could find nothing wrong with it so planned to hot towel it the next day which supposedly can temporarily fix the E73 error, put it back together the next day, turned it on and it worked perfectly and has worked for the last two days.

We plan to get the new 360 when Kinect comes out as they will hopefully do a bundle :)

My 360 has died. Froze up a good few times today, then garbled graphics, then RLOD constantly. Even more annoying because it's JTAG'd.

:(

My Dad said that the console had the RROD before but the guy only soldered the dry joint and didn't do the X-Clamp. So he's gonna make a call to the guy and see about getting the clamp done.

Edit: Did some diags and it turns out it's because the X-Clamp needs either tightening or putting on, the guy said he'd be able to sort it out no problems and for free as well :BOP:

Phew!

Last edited by a moderator:
Funnily enough I stripped it down completely and removed the motherboard and could find nothing wrong with it so planned to hot towel it the next day which supposedly can temporarily fix the E73 error, put it back together the next day, turned it on and it worked perfectly and has worked for the last two days.

We plan to get the new 360 when Kinect comes out as they will hopefully do a bundle :)

E73'd again today so did the overheat thing and it worked fine after that, guess it's on its last legs.

My Dad said that the console had the RROD before but the guy only soldered the dry joint and didn't do the X-Clamp. So he's gonna make a call to the guy and see about getting the clamp done.

Edit: Did some diags and it turns out it's because the X-Clamp needs either tightening or putting on, the guy said he'd be able to sort it out no problems and for free as well :BOP:

Phew!

It will go again in a few weeks

Anything other than a proper MS fix is only a temporary one

Are the new Xboxs shipping with the same power bricks? Seeing as everything else is now built in (HDD, WIFI etc) it would make sense to finally have the PSU built inside the unit.

Also, what about the heat? Have they finally put the problems behind them?

Back
Top Bottom