Microsoft Xbox 360

A Missouri State student came back to his dorm to find his Xbox 360 stolen. Realizing the controller still connected when turned it on, he set out to find the console. And he did.

This is probably the only set of circumstances in which this would work — 360 stolen, thief lives 30 feet away, that's only gonna happen in a college dorm. But credit to Ryan Ketsenberg for using some critical thinking and old fashioned sleuthing to get his stuff back and bust a thief.

According to The Standard (newspaper of Missouri State):

Ketsenburg, who lives in Hutchens House, said that after his Xbox was stolen, he turned on his wireless Xbox controller and found that it was still connecting to his Xbox. Based on this discovery, Ketsenburg said he realized that his Xbox must be nearby, he said.

The controller connected to the Xbox on the fourth, fifth and sixth floors of Hutchens but not on the third floor and seventh floor, so through process of elimination, Ketsenburg said he figured out that the stolen Xbox must be on the fifth floor.

Following the controller's signal, Ketsenburg said he was able to pinpoint the room where his Xbox was stolen.

The Xbox 360 wireless controller has a 30-foot range, according to the Xbox Web site. When looking for his Xbox, Ketsenburg said the light-emitting diodes of the controller flashed when he was out of range.

The 5th floor resident assistant checked the alleged room where the stolen Xbox was and was able to find the Xbox, Ketsenburg said.

Best part? They recovered the console before the thief got home to notice it was now missing from his dorm. Payback's a bitch!

Ketsenberg said his hard drive was formatted, so he's really upset about that. But then again, he got his console back. And he's not the one who's (presumably) getting kicked out of school.

:LOL:

My Live Subs expire in just over a week, is that link for 12 month subs posted a few pages back still the best place to get them?

Sorry if it's been asked a million times, I'm sure it has, but where's the cheapest place to get a new 12 month Xbox Live gold membership card/code?

EDIT 1: Placebo's just suggested this site where it's £27.49, he got his there so obviously they can be trusted; anywhere cheaper than that?

EDIT 2: Found two sellers on eBay selling them cheaper, £24.50 & £25.45, do they look a bit dodgy though?

Yep that's the same one, they bumped the price up since we bought ours :)

Holio used this one: http://www.xboxliveuk76.com/ £26.99 for 13 months, website was down for me when I tried it a month or two ago.......

Probably......

NXE

when i use the guide button mid game, and go in my friends list or accept or send an invite for a party my xbox freezes for about 5 seconds, i dont hear the game sounds or ppl on the mic, but then comes back to life, it does it all the time

anyone else got or fixed this bug

going to clear my cache later and see if that helps

I was on play.com looking to get a new game for xmas and came across a few im interested in but i dont understand what way they convert pounds into euro's. Games on it that cost £40 cost 50+ euro but when i go into a money converter through google £40=42 euro. Another game on Play is £15, when changed its 53 euro:CONFUSE:

Anyone have an idea why this is?

Its probably something obvious but im confused.(also notice my inabilaty to get a euro sign into this post i dont have a clue how to do that either:D)

From their FAQ :
4.1.6 When you create a seller account you must specify a currency (either pounds sterling (£) or euros (€) to receive the proceeds of your sales. This will be the currency in which your proceeds will be stored. If you receive proceeds in a different currency, the funds will be converted to your 'PlayFunds account currency' at an exchange rate which is currently set at €1 = £0.74. All fees will be applied to the sale after the currency conversion.

I was asking myself the same question, but their rate does not change.
I don't know when and how they decided the "0.74", but it's not going to change...

Still better prices than France shops but...

Alt gr+e for the euro sign (€).

morning chaps,

i bought a vga cable from game for my 360, should i have gone for the official one? picture seems a little 'wishy-washy' for my liking

I bought the unofficial one with the wire that feels a bit... Scaley.

The quality was really awful, there was shadowing and wishy-washyness.

I bought the official cable and fiddled with the display settings (colour enhancement - or whatever it's called - knocked up to max), clear as a bell. Can't get a better picture, even the HDMI picture isn't as good.

i remember ages ago chris we had this conversation on another thread, when i previously had a 360 and i went out and bought the official vga and it was great...but i bought a 360 a few days ago and couldn't find anywhere that sold the official cable in the high street so went into game and picked up the un-official one and it's not great....went into hmv and they are selling the official one in there so might buy it....but pissed off cos now iv'e already spent 15 quid on one vga cable

@ morto;

Are you registering as a "foreigner"? Curious as I ordered a few games a couple of weeks ago to be taken over by my nan and they were in pounds with an english creditcard/english adres. Was planning on changing the shipping adres but if they bump up the prices they can f"#$ off. I'll just get my nan to send it over.

what lead are you using now coopz?

i have a sony bravia hd 40 inch

I'm using the Component cable as my 360 doesn't have HDMI but the picture is awesome anyway

for me it seems the bigger TVs don't like VGA. I tried it on my old PJ and it was shit and i tried it on a 50" Sony Bravia and it was shit, but i tried it on a 32" TV and it was fine

for me it seems the bigger TVs don't like VGA. I tried it on my old PJ and it was shit and i tried it on a 50" Sony Bravia and it was shit, but i tried it on a 32" TV and it was fine
Yep, VGA gets worse on bigger screens. I've tried the official Xbox 360 VGA cable on a 40" and it's fine but I know that depending on the cables you use, it makes a big difference. I bought a shite generic VGA splitter box and cable on eBay, and on a 17" monitor the picture was decent, but on a 19" monitor or above it was an absolute waste of time. Grains, waviness, shadowing, really bad picture.

Because you could download the games onto other peoples console as many times as you want I guess.

Yep. It basically means if I download the games onto my mates 360, he can only play it with my ID signed into XBL.

If I get a new 360, I'd have to be permanently signed into XBL to play my XBLA games, but using this DRM tool, I can transfer my licences from my old console to my new one, and so play offline.

NXE

when i use the guide button mid game, and go in my friends list or accept or send an invite for a party my xbox freezes for about 5 seconds, i dont hear the game sounds or ppl on the mic, but then comes back to life, it does it all the time

anyone else got or fixed this bug

going to clear my cache later and see if that helps

i have the same problem...

exactly how do i clean the cache? does that mean ill need to install every game again in my hdd?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom