Mega Drive Football Games (VIDEO)

GlesgaGreg

Non-League
21 September 2019
Hello all, hope you don't mind a bit of self promotion but I thought this might be of interest to the older of us in here :D Any views would be much appreciated!

Does this bring back happy memories of these games? I'll be doing Part 2 in a couple weeks.

Ah good memories mate great video too, you should definetly make another. Footie games have always formed a basis of all my computers and consoles since I was a kid.

World Cup Italia 90 was a brilliant game, loads of fun working up the pitch essentially bouncing the ball off each player. The music just adds to each game. The only downside is the long half length, just a little too long to have a proper run of games.

European Club Soccer is my fave on the Mega Drive. It just has that classic look in terms of angle, pitch and players. The added joy of seeing substitutes warming up at side of pitch. Plus with the vast amount of teams to explore. Again the music is almost as good as the gameplay, complete package. Also Three Shredded Wheat for more power haha.

Sensi was great but SWOS was so much better that it was hard to play “basic” on the Mega Drive. Also I feel it had a nasty”bug” in my eyes. You could only edit 40% of the teams before the cartridge memory locked and no further team could be edited resulting in data requiring to be wiped. It was so disappointing.

I quite enjoyed World Cup 94, it had a nice sensi view with fun gameplay. With a different visualstyle.

Fifa95 I felt was the best of the FIFA’s. best blend of gameplay and graphics.

Thanks mate! Ah yes great insight too - yeah shame we never got SWOS on the Mega Drive, got USA 94 covered in Part 2 :)

Really good videos, @GlesgaGreg
My 1st console was a Genesis, but i had no Footy games for it, i'd only get into those with the Winning Eleven games on PS1 and PS2.
Still, i always had a lot of curiosity for these older games, tried getting into many using an emulator and stuff, but for some reason i just can't really enjoy them all that much, i guess it really must be harder to someone that started out with the more modern ones, still, after watching these videos i think i might give some of them another try, especially Dino Dini's Soccer, which to me always looked appealing, but i had a hard time playing it.
Keep up the good content, lad!

Really good videos, @GlesgaGreg
My 1st console was a Genesis, but i had no Footy games for it, i'd only get into those with the Winning Eleven games on PS1 and PS2.
Still, i always had a lot of curiosity for these older games, tried getting into many using an emulator and stuff, but for some reason i just can't really enjoy them all that much, i guess it really must be harder to someone that started out with the more modern ones, still, after watching these videos i think i might give some of them another try, especially Dino Dini's Soccer, which to me always looked appealing, but i had a hard time playing it.
Keep up the good content, lad!

Thank you mate! Yeah I'm with you, I have lots of trouble getting into it if I'm playing on a PC. I use one of those all-in-one retro consoles which works with my PS4 controller and plug into my TV and it works fine and feels more like playing a console. Just wish I could play/capture PS1 PS2 games to go back to the old ISS & PES games.

Reactions: MKC
Thank you mate! Yeah I'm with you, I have lots of trouble getting into it if I'm playing on a PC. I use one of those all-in-one retro consoles which works with my PS4 controller and plug into my TV and it works fine and feels more like playing a console. Just wish I could play/capture PS1 PS2 games to go back to the old ISS & PES games.

Thought about jailbreaking a PS3? That's what I've done. Makes playing/capturing PS1, PS2 and PS3 games a breeze.

Love your videos. Crash course for me as I was one of those who only ever played Italia '90. I didn't have any Sega console and very few of my pals did. Naturally I'm also keen on how they take on Scottish fitba. Cheers to Pele's team for picking Aberdeen. Jeers for sticking them in blue. Presuming they let the alphabet do the talking. Some absolute stinkers in among them, and I wouldn't recommend the second video before bedtime - stuff of nightmares.

Now that you mention it, perhaps the reason i'm not liking them is because i'm trying to play with a keyboard, maybe if i use my DualShock 4 on my PC i can enjoy them a lot better, thanks for the heads up!

About the PS1 and PS2 games, man, those are incredible, i played Winning Eleven 3 Final Ver. recently and it was one of the best footy experiences i've had in a while, definitely recommend looking into what you can do to play and capture footage of them, these games are worth it, and i'm sure you'd make another great video too, you're really good at this. @Flipper the Priest has some good advice, maybe you could even see if you can find an used PS2 for cheap, since it has backwards compatibility and all.

Now that you mention it, perhaps the reason i'm not liking them is because i'm trying to play with a keyboard, maybe if i use my DualShock 4 on my PC i can enjoy them a lot better, thanks for the heads up!

About the PS1 and PS2 games, man, those are incredible, i played Winning Eleven 3 Final Ver. recently and it was one of the best footy experiences i've had in a while, definitely recommend looking into what you can do to play and capture footage of them, these games are worth it, and i'm sure you'd make another great video too, you're really good at this. @Flipper the Priest has some good advice, maybe you could even see if you can find an used PS2 for cheap, since it has backwards compatibility and all.

The fact that folk use keyboards has been a recent revelation to me! DS4s work so well on Windows 10 and Android for that matter. My phone and tablet both run PS1 games like a dream.

PS2 always welcome but hunting down an original or slim (not super slim) is the way to go, and jailbreaking it. I started my journey with a PS2 - FreeMCBoot, OPL, etc. But then moved to the PS3. Means you can play games from PS1, 2 and 3 and capture it with the HDMI. Winning Eleven 7 International... 🤤

Honestly, all of the above would've been complete gobbledygook to me in March! 😁

Reactions: MKC
Back
Top Bottom