Martin O'niells history for dumbasses who think hes never won anything.

embraceuk1

Original Member Since 2001
30 December 2001
Indiana USA (Scottish)
Nottingham Forest
Just heard a dumbass Aston Villa fan on Talksport say hes only won cups in Scotland.

Just heard a dumbass Aston Villa fan on Talksport talking about all he won was a few cups in Scotland.

HIS MANAGERIAL CAREER STARTED IN 1990 WHEN HE WAS APPOINTED MANAGER OF NON LEAGUE WYCOMBE WANDERERS. DURING A VERY SUCCESSFUL 5 YEAR SPELL AT THE CLUB THEY WON THE FA TROPHY IN 1991 AND 1993, THEY WON THE VAUXHALL CONFERENCE IN 1993 TO CLINCH PROMOTION TO THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE AND THEY ALSO WON PROMOTION FROM DIVISION 3 IN 1994.

AFTER REJECTING APPROACHES BY LEICESTER AND NOTTIGHAM FOREST HE FINALLY MOVED TO NORWICH IN JUNE 1995, HOWEVER HE RESIGNED IN DECEMBER 1995 AFTER CLASHES WITH THE CHAIRMAN OVER RENAGED PROMISES FOR MONEY TO BUILD THE TEAM.

HE BECAME MANAGER OF LEICSTER ON DECEMBER 21ST 1995 AND WON THEM PROMOTION TO THE PREMIERSHIP AFTER THE PLAY-OFF FINAL WIN AT WEMBLEY IN 1996. IN 1997 THEY WON THE COCA COLA CUP TO GAIN A PLACE IN EUROPE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 35 YEARS. THEY ALSO FINISHED A VERY RESPECTABLE 9TH PLACE.

IN 1998 THEY FINISHED 10TH IN THE PREMIERSHIP AND O'NEILL REJECTS APPROACHES FROM LEEDS UNITED AND EVERTON.

IN 1999 THEY REACH THE WORTHINGTON CUP FINAL AND FINISH 10TH IN THE LEAGUE. IN HIS FINAL SEASON AT LEICESTER THEY WON THE WORTHINGTON CUP AGAIN AND FINISHED A CLUB RECORD 8TH IN THE LEAGUE, QUALIFYNG FOR THE UEFA CUP.

This is also for England fans who rate Curbishley and Sam Allardyce yet easily dismiss O'niell because hes never won much hes actually won more than both of them at equally small clubs.

I've always said Martin O'Neill is the best manager in the UK, he just has that midas touch that makes him a winner at every level of the game

you could see his managerial qualities even when he was a pundit at the WC, picking out stuff that the others missed

Hes a bawbag. :P He is the saviour of Celtic Football Club. He is the man with the midas touch. I wonder though, will he try and sign Petrov and the one and only Neil Lennon.:roll:

Though he is a good manager ;)

Last edited:
I think its the best appointment Villa could have hoped for by a long way and if you want to talk about Trophes, you can count on one hand the managers in the EPL who have acually won any. If the right takeover goes ahead it could make villa a force in the EPL again, with Liverpool, Spurs and others improving it just might stop the EPL becoming the Chelski show

Valmir said:
I hope not, we play Villa 3rd game of the season

I thought it was gonna be an easy 3 points until yesterday :(

Villa would destroy Reading with or without O'Neill.

Still don't rate O'Neill. He's a cock. Villa is about right for him though. You say about his trophies with smaller clubs. Joe Royle did that but he was shit at Everton. As for the trophies in Scotland. Even Souness managed a few of those.

Cock's are the in-thing with managers down England anyway, just look at Ferguson, Mourinho and Wenger for instance.

Cock's of the highest order.

So guess he'll be one of many.

FD

Back
Top Bottom