Manual Lob Through Passing Help

Ultimatum

Non-League
5 October 2020
I have been struggling with manual lob through passes. The AI players always catch up before I receive the ball and it always becomes a header duel rather than through even with fast players like Mbappe. The AI dosen't have the same problem. Can someone help with this?

Edit : I have found that L1(player switch) + R2(finesse shot button) + lob pass button makes the ball go a bit lower and it helps a bit but it is way too swervy to land accurately and control. Normal lob through pass doesn't work as explained above.

Last edited:
I'm a FUMA player and I've noticed that on superstar it's very difficult to put a long ball over the defensive line. Full power varies depending on where the defensive line is, like it's capped such that the defender can retreat just enough to get a header in and stop my wingers (Neto and Traore) from going 1v1 with the keeper. These aren't lob balls but probably a similar issue.

I'm a FUMA player and I've noticed that on superstar it's very difficult to put a long ball over the defensive line. Full power varies depending on where the defensive line is, like it's capped such that the defender can retreat just enough to get a header in and stop my wingers (Neto and Traore) from going 1v1 with the keeper. These aren't lob balls but probably a similar issue.
I have also found manual full powered passes to be highly inconsistent. When switching the play, sometimes the ball goes out of bounds and sometimes it doesn't even make it to the other side.
But the issue is that even when the ball does make it, the AI players catch up before it does.

I have also found manual full powered passes to be highly inconsistent. When switching the play, sometimes the ball goes out of bounds and sometimes it doesn't even make it to the other side.
But the issue is that even when the ball does make it, the AI players catch up before it does.
I've experienced this too, though sometimes it's justified by a combination of opposition press, time on the ball and player posture.

As frustrating as it is when you know you've placed the perfect pass but some algorithm prevents it from being executed as you intended, it makes it all the more enjoyable when it goes to plan.

The defensive AI needs to be improved to handle this case fairly, in it's current state without adjusting long balls and player pace, it would be extremely easy to beat teams that play a high defensive line.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom