ITALY thread

Re: The Italy Thread - Forza Azzurri! - "Il sogno è appena cominciato"

Italy was lucky that Suarez did what he did, so now most of people focus on that and tend to forget that Italy PLAYED bad, red card was to harsh but so was Marcisio, why the hell he had to do that ? he clearly went for his leg and he didn't just touch the guy he even push his leg more so he deserved a red card.

about football players being a role model to kids, so are Wrestling fighters and most of people who watch that are kids so it doesnt mean to do whatever they see in tv , at the end of the day most of football players are people who aren't know for being smart, many of them haven't even finished high school.

Well In Luis Suarez case I believe it´s not a case of beign moral-imoral, fair-unfair.
I´m sure he has a real serious sort of psychopathology, a mental disturb.
It´s not an excuse or something, he should get a punishment and have a permanent psychological-psychotherapeutic monitoring.
People are overeacting asking him to be banned from football, an asshole in another thread even wanted him dead.

Last edited:

Italy was lucky that Suarez did what he did, so now most of people focus on that and tend to forget that Italy PLAYED bad, red card was to harsh but so was Marcisio, why the hell he had to do that ? he clearly went for his leg and he didn't just touch the guy he even push his leg more so he deserved a red card.

about football players being a role model to kids, so are Wrestling fighters and most of people who watch that are kids so it doesnt mean to do whatever they see in tv , at the end of the day most of football players are people who aren't know for being smart, many of them haven't even finished high school.

totally agree, worst than Wrestling are those UFC fighters who are considered models and heroes.

Some very harsh posts in here.
So every parent whose kid has something wrong is to blame ?
One word of advice from somebody who has kids and has been a youth coach: if you think that, don't ever think about having kids...
Kids do wrong things all the time...that is called experimenting and learning.
You guys are talking about kids like they are the finished article....

As a matter of fact, talking about biting, most young kids have a bite reflex...
We once went shopping and i turned out that my son (2 or 3 years old) had taken some toys...he had stolen something at an age where he had no notion of stealing...i guess i was to blame, even if we returned the thing immediately to the shop and apologized.

In football, kids loose it all the time...i guess their parents are to blame for that...

Forgive for being a litle bit sarcastic, but some of these posts are really over the top...you guys judge childeren as adults and every thing that goed wrong is a mistake by their parents. I'm glad that most of you guys live in foreign countries. Belgium is a nice country to live in.

I'm sorry for this post, but this is my honest reaction to what some of you say here...

In a lot of cases parents are to blame though. I used to referee 10 and 11 year olds at both high (professional football clubs) and low levels and parents are the same. I think some parents want their kids to be what they couldn't be, in this case a professional footballer. Parents drive their kids to do some crazy things on a football pitch because they're crazy themselves. It's happened a lot that I've had to tell parents to leave the surroundings of the pitch because they were urging their kids to kick others or were vocally abusing others.

damjan said:
It's happened a lot that I've had to tell parents to leave the surroundings of the pitch because they were urging their kids to kick others or were vocally abusing others.
i congratulate you on your self control mate. i would seriously lose my shit on such parents. :P
.... Kids do wrong things all the time...that is called experimenting and learning.

i think u just misunderstood our point gerd. u certainly misunderstood mine. of course kids do dumb shit... they're supposed to. and no one would blame em for that. and i also don't blame parents whose kids do dumb shit, coz that would be ridiculous.
i blame those parents, whose kids do dumb shit and who don't act on that. because those are usually the kind of lazy-ass parents who also blame their children's lack of education on society or on "unappropriate role models".

let's say u're my son's football coach. i come to pick him up after training and u tell me he bit his teammate on a shoulder. i would immediately scold him in front of his friends, i would invite his friends to join my scolding, asking them to try and explain to him, in their own words, why his behaviour was unacceptable (that should be fun). then i would take him home, explain him a thing or 2 about what sport is about, about how u can't expect respect from others if u don't respect them. i would try to help him understand how he humilliated himself, and how his friends are going to picture him from now on ("as the little loser who can't accept defeat and can't control his nerves"), unless he changes his attitude.
then i would bring him to his friend's house to apologise.
and finally i would ground him for 3 weeks, revoke his playstation privileges, and forbid him to play football with his friends for 2 months.:P

and i would never blame my son's behaviour on suarez.

however u're right, i'm in no position to give parenting advice to anyone, and i realise raising kid is the most difficult (and rewarding) challenge a man faces in his life... infact i'm looking forward to it :))

Last edited:

One word of advice from somebody who has kids and has been a youth coach: if you think that, don't ever think about having kids...
Kids do wrong things all the time...that is called experimenting and learning.

As a matter of fact, talking about biting, most young kids have a bite reflex...
We once went shopping and i turned out that my son (2 or 3 years old) had taken some toys...he had stolen something at an age where he had no notion of stealing...i guess i was to blame, even if we returned the thing immediately to the shop and apologized.

In football, kids loose it all the time...i guess their parents are to blame for that...

Forgive for being a litle bit sarcastic, but some of these posts are really over the top...you guys judge childeren as adults and every thing that goed wrong is a mistake by their parents. I'm glad that most of you guys live in foreign countries. Belgium is a nice country to live in.

I'm sorry for this post, but this is my honest reaction to what some of you say here...

If you're raising a kid (one that was not born with some brain malfunction) that attacks people with their teeth as a result of seeing a famous person do so then, yes, you're failing as a parent.

And I'm not talking about kids that are biologically pre-rationality, like toddlers. I'm talking about older kids.

If you're raising a kid (one that was not born with some brain malfunction) that attacks people with their teeth as a result of seeing a famous person do so then, yes, you're failing as a parent.

And I'm not talking about kids that are biologically pre-rationality, like toddlers. I'm talking about older kids.

I will not answer what comes to my mind first, but let's say that then i'm a very bad parent and that i was coaching a team whose kids all had very bad parents...not that anyone has ever bitten an opponent.

I wonder where you start blaming parents of childeren that emulate professional football players: diving, a bad tackle, harassing the referee, cheating

They do it all.

Godo's post is the best proof i did not misunderstood some of the posts, Ben...

Well, maybe it's just me...let's agree to disagree...two times the samen day in the same thread, i must have a bad day...

Let's be brutally honest here: Godotelli is a piece of shit. Has been for a long time and is outdoing himself ever since the world cup has started. Fuck that guy.

Bye.

I will not answer what comes to my mind first, but let's say that then i'm a very bad parent and that i was coaching a team whose kids all had very bad parents...not that anyone has ever bitten an opponent.

I wonder where you start blaming parents of childeren that emulate professional football players: diving, a bad tackle, harassing the referee, cheating

They do it all.

Godo's post is the best proof i did not misunderstood some of the posts, Ben...

Well, maybe it's just me...let's agree to disagree...two times the samen day in the same thread, i must have a bad day...

There's degress. A kid losing his temper and hurting someone in a tackle is a whole lot different than a kid being so impressionable as to bite someone because he saw a famous person doing it.

Let's be brutally honest here: Godotelli is a piece of shit. Has been for a long time and is outdoing himself ever since the world cup has started. Fuck that guy.

Bye.

:LMAO: so random

What exactly was this little outburst based on?

:BYE:

i blame suarez for this :D

Parenting is easier then marriage! I tell my kids when they were kids. You lots are my reflection and right now . I'm shit so anything you do from here on is better than me. We live in a world where some homes has (2) mums or (2) dads or (1) mum n no dad or (1) dad n no mums or grandparents raising families.

My honest opinion there's a lot of confusion and sometimes bring a lot of grief in homes. Whenever you are confronted by someone rude . You need not to react but think what sort of home they came up from.

So after years of telling them this made up cheat code theory of mine . My son at 17 yrs old was playing in a Highschool footy (2 yrs ago ) tourney and he was running the show and leaving players for dead w/ some cheeky dribbling moves.
This kid from on the far side of the pitch was upset and ran like a bull right towards my son and threw his elbow n broke his nose . It was violently n gangster style stuff. The crowd screamed my son rose
up and try to keep playing . He looked confuse almost like he was ordering food to someone. Then, the ref stop due to all the blood pouring down.

I felt such a anger I wanted to fight the whole lot. I waited to see my son's face waiting to see his reaction. I ran over and he said "Pop, think you can take me to the hospital ?..." Then he said" I think that kid is a (1) dad n no mum sort " I laughed so hard and was amazed .
My son did not react but remembered my words. I wanted to fight !

Sometimes parenting is a hit n miss. Life is unpredictable and nothing is certain. My son is going to his sophomore year at the University soon. He nothing like me so he'll be fine.

Sometimes knowing nothing you could be grateful for everything .

Very interesting article here, Prandelli having his stupidity (having Balotelli in the NT and always giving that scum priority) coming back at him in front of team:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Mondiali/25-06-2014/mondiali-italia-prandelli-balotelli-stai-zitto-cosi-nasce-spaccatura-lo-spogliatoio-801043501888.shtml

Maybe someone could translate it to the others.

What I could pick up...Mario is easy to dislike,but he has talent. The boy is racially abused by his own FANS! He`s on a Italian team where he may already feel rejected . You calling him scum is just proves my point. He doesn`t want to sit w/ the squad and he feels better w/ his girlfriend. At that point frustration and blame game is part of the natural response. I`m sure he rather distance himself and take any criticism coming his way. Funny how one player can bite another and his teammates rush to his defense. Mario should of gone to URU :P

Very interesting article here, Prandelli having his stupidity (having Balotelli in the NT and always giving that scum priority) coming back at him in front of team:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Mondiali/25-06-2014/mondiali-italia-prandelli-balotelli-stai-zitto-cosi-nasce-spaccatura-lo-spogliatoio-801043501888.shtml

Maybe someone could translate it to the others.

i see. yesterday they said on tv there was a spat in the dressing room during half time. i guess now we know what that was all about. and when u consider also what happened right after the game, it's easy to understand some of the reactions from the players and the coach (the one which impressed me the most was buffon's).

personally i'm done with balotelli. that's really enough. i've been rooting for him ever since he was 17, despite all the shenanigans and the drama, and despite the fact he wasn't showing any signs of improvement, not only as a man, but as a football player.
but that's it. he's not a talented teenager anymore; he's 24, and his track record says he's a mediocre striker with a 14 goals per season average, and who's not any better when it comes to providing assists for his teammates. he's never even hit the 20 goals per season mark, and yet he acts as if he was the second coming. he's more of a primadonna than the likes of ibra and cassano, even though he's not even close to them talent-wise. he disrespectes teammates with much bigger stature and gravitas than his and he's managed to become the most hated guy in every dressing room he entered in his carreer.
he's even disprespected those coaches who were stupid enough to give him a second chance, when he really didn't deserve it (like prandelli and mancini).
and to top it all, he managed to piss off every coach he had in his carreer. all of them. from mancini to allegri, from prandelli to mourinho, to seedorf. theese coaches couldn't be more different... they have absolutely nothing in common, except the fact they all dropped mario like a sack of flour. that's quite a feat.

and now he's even playing the racial card! does he really believe this is gonna get him any sympathy? when i heard about the statements balotelli released this morning i thought "who could possibly be so naive to believe anything coming out of his mouth at this point". but after reading bebo's post, i guess i was wrong.
bebo said:
What I could pick up...Mario is easy to dislike,but he has talent. The boy is racially abused by his own FANS!
yeah right. that's why his fans dislike him... coz they're racists. u know what bebo, i guess i'm racist too, coz i also can't stand balotelli anymore. and also buffon must be racist.... and de rossi...... and pirlo..... and prandelli (that's just hilarious)... they all can't stand balotelli anymore so they obviously must be all racists.... because clearely there can't be any other reason to dislike mario balotelli.
i also guess javier zanetti must be racist, and mancini, and eto'o and seedorf. that's kinda weird coz i'm pretty sure seedorf and eto'o are both black.... but i guess everything is possible when it comes to balotelli.

i'm not gonna translate the article daniel. there's no point, really, coz, even if i would translate it, in just a couple of days u'd see some other guy coming here defending balotelli and implying italians are just a bunch of racists.
it's just not worth it, and i've got better things to do with my time than setting people straight. so, if u want my suggestion, just let people believe whatever they want to believe and get on with your life.

Last edited:

People always use and will always use the racism card with Balotelli because there is not a single rational argument that can be done in favor of him, not one, not even by the fools who helped him, whom he spits in the face and people still think he is a poor traumatized child who deserves all the chances in the world and is 'a great player', what a rational use of the word 'great' right there.

Meanwhile thousands of black players (or whatever color) are doing just fine and have the respect of the crowd (because Balotelli is intensely cursed whatever country he goes, not only Italy), the teammates, the coach and the fans simply because they are not scum like him, but let's just ignore that and focus on the poor baby, makes more sense, right? He uses that to justify the scum he is and it works, it fucking works just like you said, it's the worst part by far.

I'm ALWAYS called a racist on this matter, always say the giangantic list of reasons why I hate him (not one being his skin color of course), but it doesn't matter what you say about him, you will always hear the racism and poor baby 'argument' back. I guess my E. Davids shirt is racist too, also the fact I was happy that Juve bought Ogbonna, oh well...

But yeah, people will see what they wanna see, there is no real justice or fairness in the world, so I might just move on and let people be as ignorant as they please.

Last edited:

Hate?

Did he rape your mother and sister in front of you or something?

Maybe a bit controversial, but the a reason many of the ultras chant racist abuse to Balotelli is simply because they dislike him as a whole, not just his skin colour per se. It's still disgusting and the fans who do it should be banned (just like the ones chanting about the Vesuvio when they play Napoli)

i can only speak for myself, but i don't hate him. i never hated anyone in my entire life.

i simply dislike him. i don't like his attitude on the pitch, i don't like his attitude off the pitch, i don't like the fact that people refer to him as a "great talent with huge potential", as if we were talking about a 18 years old kid, while he's almost 24 now and pretty much the finished product (and the finished product isn't really that impressive at all). and i strongly dislike his disruptive behaviour and disrespect towards his teammates, as it often poisons the entire dressing room.

and what i find most annoying is the fact that it's impossible to state your dislike for him without being labelled as a racist. it's ok to express your contempt for a player like cassano or pepe or materazzi or menez, but as soon as u say something about balotelli, then god forbid.

i dislike balotelli for the same reasons why i dislike cassano. because he's an ass, a self deluded idiot, who is destroyng his carreer, wasting his talent, ruining the poise and chemistry of every dressing room he's ever been a part of.... and yet he still talks of himself in 3rd person and considers himself on par with actual world class players such as ibra, ronaldo and messi. theese are no reasons to hate someone of course. but to dislike him? yeah, you bet.

for years i rooted for him and waited for him to become the player he was supposed to become.... to grow a spine and to mature as a person. but he's 24 now and he's still just as stupid, immature and annoying as he was when he was 17. and he's not a better player than he was when he was 17.
so, at this point, i'm tired of waiting... and i really don't want him to play for italy anymore, as we have better players, players who can score more goals than him, who can provide more assists than him, who have a better attitude on the pitch, a higher workrate, and who don't disrupt the chemistry of our dressing room.... players like immobile, destro, rossi, insigne, berardi... they're national team material... he just isn't.
Damjan said:
Maybe a bit controversial, but the a reason many of the ultras chant racist abuse to Balotelli is simply because they dislike him as a whole, not just his skin colour per se. It's still disgusting and the fans who do it should be banned.
precisely. we should learn to call things with their proper name. here in italy the crowds express their contempt for a player by either whistling or booeing him. and they do it to both black and white players. cassano has been booed dozens of times. whenever gilardino or toni come here in palermo they get booed every time they touch the ball; and that clearely has nothing to do with racism, as they're white.
on the other side there are hundreds of black players in serie a who never get booed. has seedorf ever been booed? davids?, ogbonna? or what about m'boma, wome, weah, sissoko, kanu, masinga?

Last edited:

Well, I think Mario has some deep complex issues no doubt. He probably don`t have a mentor to steer him. If, you could see race like a burn victim (nothing against burn victim plz) you know there something different about that person (physically) and you don`t ever use it towards that person. When that person does something you don`t like. Your reaction is to hurt him, and there comes the personal attack ...You burny! You fire sleeper! Im glad fire burn you! it sound silly, but you get the gist .

A burn victim wakes up every morning looking at his burns. If , he lived in a place where burn victims were a few. He w'd feel better? I don`t have the answer... I know the NT are not racist and I personally feel most ppl use racism to hurt that person.That`s why Alves eating that banana was incredible. I teach kids offense is something your accept. Don`t accept it and you won`t be offended. It`s not the best solution ,but it`s about coping during a personal attack.

No problem for the members in here about Mario and lo zio your no racist you just have a higher IQ then most in here.
So, you should know what it feels like to be surrounded by ignorance...its your burden not mine :P
Daniel__Juve your years of frustration led to this sort of hate. I guarantee, you know such word or feeling. Mario has talent ,but its deteriorate by his behavior what you dislike is seeing him less of a footballer and becoming a arrogant person who doesn`t see his own destruction .

Mario is a natural prick and I`d like to think Im the same. I`m here all week folks :BOP:

i understand your point bebo, but that excuse is no longer valid for him. u can act like a whiny little bitch who feels sorry for himself when you're a 17 years old teenager, not when you're a 24 years old man. we all have our scars. but it comes a time in your life when u gotta man up, grow a spine and move on.
besides it's not like we're talking about some orphan or a war refugee. he's got not one but 2 families who love him and follow him wherever he goes. he didn't grow up in sarajevo or in bagdad. he grew up in brescia. he got opportunities many kids could only dream.

at half time prandelli told him "get your head in the game and start playing some football or i'm gonna sustitute u with someone else"
to which he replied "trust me, u better stop badgering me or..."

seriously can u believe this guy?! is this how u talk to your coach? to the man who had faith in u and lined u up as a starter despite your shitty season in milano?
he managed to get prandelli angry!!:CONFUSE: that's unbelievable. honestly i can't even imagine prandelli angry. the man is nicer than the dalai lama and the pope put together. and he managed to piss him off!

once the match was over and the players got into the dressing room, pirlo was called for the doping tests, but before leaving, he asked the guys to wait for him coz he wanted to talk to them once he got back. pirlo is our vice captain and one of the "senators" of the team so everyone waited for him..... except balotelli, who got dressed up and immediately stormed out of the dressing room to reach the bus.

i'm not proud to say this, but if i had been in that dressing room, i would have followed him to the bus and then i would have dragged him back to the dressing room by the balls.
and if i would have been prandelli i would have actually gone for it. i would have told him "oh really? come on then big guy, show me what u got... show me what u're gonna do if i don't stop badgering u, u little ass!"
u still think i'm a smart man? :D

bebo said:
No problem for the members in here about Mario and lo zio your no racist you just have a higher IQ then most in here.
So, you should know what it feels like to be surrounded by ignorance...its your burden not mine
oh fuck u, man! :D

Last edited:

I love how you can break it down for even a toddler to understand :LOL:

What I w'd never forgotten about lo zio and Milanista is a very late night on a forum...you 2 predicted the Premier are loaded w/ American suits outside to buy in the EPL. I thought you lots were crazy and then you said that w'd open the door for anyone to buy up.

You lots predicted that w/ no real reason...this was during the Glazer buying stock up and I just joined this forum. You see shit through tunnel vision mate. Its hard to see you differently to that night. If you become a WUM . I w'd only see you for what you were to me and ignore what you become. Ppl sometime see what they accept or refuse to see it. I think women always have this thing they can change a person (like some sort of trophy goal) When coaches see Mario they see a unpolished gem, they want to have a crack at it like some crazy bird . I feel for those who try and sometimes its not about the coaches but the trails for Mario to see ppl after ppl came your way to help polish you .but He`s the snake that was stuck in the middle of a mountain, begging to take him to the top and he won`t bite you...they took him and while almost at the top ,he turn and bit them and told the person you know what I was when you took me with you.

So, I get the Italian ppl issues with him. Im sorry for the trails of bite marks on those who try to help him. The question is when will the Italian ppl notice a snake is a snake .

i know i'm gonna completely ruin the moment with this, but i just gotta ask...
what's a WUM? :SS

if I'm not wrong WUM = wind up merchant/ annoying poster

i can only speak for myself, but i don't hate him. i never hated anyone in my entire life.

i simply dislike him. i don't like his attitude on the pitch, i don't like his attitude off the pitch, i don't like the fact that people refer to him as a "great talent with huge potential", as if we were talking about a 18 years old kid, while he's almost 24 now and pretty much the finished product (and the finished product isn't really that impressive at all). and i strongly dislike his disruptive behaviour and disrespect towards his teammates, as it often poisons the entire dressing room.

and what i find most annoying is the fact that it's impossible to state your dislike for him without being labelled as a racist. it's ok to express your contempt for a player like cassano or pepe or materazzi or menez, but as soon as u say something about balotelli, then god forbid.

i dislike balotelli for the same reasons why i dislike cassano. because he's an ass, a self deluded idiot, who is destroyng his carreer, wasting his talent, ruining the poise and chemistry of every dressing room he's ever been a part of.... and yet he still talks of himself in 3rd person and considers himself on par with actual world class players such as ibra, ronaldo and messi. theese are no reasons to hate someone of course. but to dislike him? yeah, you bet.

for years i rooted for him and waited for him to become the player he was supposed to become.... to grow a spine and to mature as a person. but he's 24 now and he's still just as stupid, immature and annoying as he was when he was 17. and he's not a better player than he was when he was 17.
so, at this point, i'm tired of waiting... and i really don't want him to play for italy anymore, as we have better players, players who can score more goals than him, who can provide more assists than him, who have a better attitude on the pitch, a higher workrate, and who don't disrupt the chemistry of our dressing room.... players like immobile, destro, rossi, insigne, berardi... they're national team material... he just isn't.

precisely. we should learn to call things with their proper name. here in italy the crowds express their contempt for a player by either whistling or booeing him. and they do it to both black and white players. cassano has been booed dozens of times. whenever gilardino or toni come here in palermo they get booed every time they touch the ball; and that clearely has nothing to do with racism, as they're white.
on the other side there are hundreds of black players in serie a who never get booed. has seedorf ever been booed? davids?, ogbonna? or what about m'boma, wome, weah, sissoko, kanu, masinga?

Exactly, it also explains why Boateng was boo-ed when he was at Milan. It has happened before that 'normal' players of African descent have been racially abused though, but other countries are incredibly hypocrite when it comes to this. Every time Italy is the 'bad league with Nazi fans'. It's ridiculous, people seem to forget the things shouted in English grounds for example. Unfortunately, Italy will not be getting rid of the stereotype anytime soon.

Exactly, it also explains why Boateng was boo-ed when he was at Milan. It has happened before that 'normal' players of African descent have been racially abused though, but other countries are incredibly hypocrite when it comes to this. Every time Italy is the 'bad league with Nazi fans'. It's ridiculous, people seem to forget the things shouted in English grounds for example. Unfortunately,Italy will not be getting rid of the stereotype anytime soon.

because it's largely true

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom