Issues following June 7th upgrade

1) 'Hide avatars' option no longer works - needs me to change some code as the current add-on won't work with the updated style
2) Dark mode - selected text needs to contrast more
Hi Mart, basically my screenshot is the same as @*aLe posted here. All the letters, seems one tone lighter/transparent than before. Any text, the bold is a little bit "thinner" and the regular letter characters seem a little bit thinner. Like you went from 11 font size to 10, so small difference.

It is not something groundbreaking, but pre-update i do not remember to be so difficult for my eyes to read. I hope it is clear what i mean.

1st screenshot from reading other posts

2nd screenshot while i type my own post, here it is even more difficult, as the light letters with slightly grey background , make a "camouflage" combination.

Attachments

• Evoweb.jpg
    Evoweb.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 29
  • evoweb2.jpg
    evoweb2.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 29
Something minor, is it possible to revert the notifications counter color back to red instead of blue? It's pretty easy to miss when using the dark style. And a question, do you plan to implement support for cells panning multiple rows/columns in tables? I use tables a lot in my posts, and I think it might be pretty useful. Thanks for eveything.

Last edited:
  • Staff
I made a few style changes that should address all of the comments so far - please can you let me know as everyone's screen is a bit different.

The avatar thing is going to take longer to work out - the add-on we have doesn't work with the style we have now but I'll get there at some point.

I made a few style changes that should address all of the comments so far - please can you let me know as everyone's screen is a bit different.
The highlighted text issue has been solved, it's now way more readable.
Now we definitely can't say we don't see it.

Well done and thanks for fixing it! 😉

when i enter a topic and read the latest post... after reloading the page (overview of threads), the topic is still marked as unread! i want that bold topic to be gone! please have a look.

and while we are at it... its still easier to reach the "report" button than the "edit" button! i'm beggin you for month now. please switch these!
or give me an explanation please why that makes sense as it is. i just want to know! ;)

thanks for all the work @ mods and @ admis! :)

Last edited:
Whoops! Sorry about the unread thing, complete mistake - now fixed.

and while we are at it... its still easier to reach the "report" button than the "edit" button! i'm beggin you for month now. please switch these!
or give me an explanation please why that makes sense as it is. i just want to know! ;)

Oh, I thought I'd fixed it months back that's all. It still is fixed on wider views but I can see we lost the narrow/mobile fix at some point. Unfortunately it's a template modification to fix it and to do that I have to create an add-on in development mode. Nothing too crazy but it is fiddly making sure the template modifications work without breaking other stuff. I'll get back to it while I'm looking at this avatar issue. Once it's done I'll send you my address so you can send me gifts.

It's default XenForo design and non-customisable. We'd have to ask their design team why Report is first and you can't change it.

Oh, I thought I'd fixed it months back that's all. It still is fixed on wider views but I can see we lost the narrow/mobile fix at some point. Unfortunately it's a template modification to fix it and to do that I have to create an add-on in development mode. Nothing too crazy but it is fiddly making sure the template modifications work without breaking other stuff. I'll get back to it while I'm looking at this avatar issue. Once it's done I'll send you my address so you can send me gifts.

It's default XenForo design and non-customisable. We'd have to ask their design team why Report is first and you can't change it.
For me it is 100% OK now. The contrast between background/letters is good and easy readable and the new posts and unread posts are bold again. :)

Wow wait. One more last. I promise it will be the last one, as I became too spoiled. :P The final button to post e reply, it is labeled "Post reply" with a big counterclockwise arrow, used to be green in dark mode. Now it is same color with background. The "save" button when you edit a post,the one with the floppy disk icon, the same. Can you make them a different color again.

PS: I promise for me, this is my last request!!! :D

Thanks Mart. If it is to much of a hustle, I’ll never ask again! :)

btw: had the same topic at another xenforo and they got it working without any probs afaik.
8A3F4760-CCD8-4EB1-9282-F6AC5EDB21DF.jpeg
It’s their mobile view.

Anyway. I am done with this topic! ...and I’m good. :D
Keep up the great work guys!! :BYE:

Think I got everything apart from the Amazon links.

@Mart thank you so much!!! :LOVE:

I was commenting this morning and out of muscle memory I clicked bottom left corner to edit... and the edit button was there!! :EASY: What a relieve for a german fella that needs to edit his comments A LOT!!

Awesome!!
You especially have a super duper week my friend!! :D
The rest “just a good week”! :P

edit: @Tom ...you old red carding Mandelhörnchen! :D

Last edited:
@Mart Amazon links are not embedding on posts, mate. Sorry!
Thank you.
This might your browser blocking something apparently. Nothing has changed with the Amazon embeds in theory. Any specific examples?

This might your browser blocking something apparently. Nothing has changed with the Amazon embeds in theory. Any specific examples?

You know what? You're absolutely right.
One of the Adblockers was messing it up. I don't recall this issue happening before the upgrade, but it probably happened before too and I just never noticed it.

Thank you Mart, and sorry.

Just a last question, it is pretty much QoL, not vital. In continuation of @PRO_TOO request the edit option button for our posts, changed positions with report, correctly.
But, if possible always, what is the purpose of "report" in our own posts? I mean, is there a chance in million that anyone would report his own self? (except for me, who I am unstable personality :P)
I promise after this I will mute myself :D

Just a last question, it is pretty much QoL, not vital. In continuation of @PRO_TOO request the edit option button for our posts, changed positions with report, correctly.
But, if possible always, what is the purpose of "report" in our own posts? I mean, is there a chance in million that anyone would report his own self? (except for me, who I am unstable personality :P)

Some people have used it to request a deletion of their content or request an edit they lack privileges. It's not super unusual when you're not aware that tagging exists and you're too lazy pm'ing one of us instead.

Some people have used it to request a deletion of their content or request an edit they lack privileges. It's not super unusual when you're not aware that tagging exists and you're too lazy pm'ing one of us instead.
Ah OK Tom, then let it be. If people need it. Thank you for info. :)

Don’t you drag me into this! :LOL:

;) 😗

Back
Top Bottom