Interview with "Seabass"

Well I can answer your first and last questions right now (not including the one about the crisps). Such a simple answer, doesn't even need words, just a symbol:

$

(that should really be the Yen symbol but I don't have one on my keyboard... hahah)

- Will there be even greater player control when PES hits the next generation consoles? (There's a noticable difference from PES4 to WE9/PES5 but there are still some points where I would like more control)

- Will the auto clear always be a part of the game? :(

Pelintra said:
Hi could you make this questions for me? I would appreciated alot.

- Why not Ligue1 and Budesliga and Portuguese Liga licensed?
- Why not more new stadiums, like Santiago Bernabeu, Luz, Dragão, Alvalade XXI, Celtic Park, Maracanã and Ibrox?
- Why not Japonese Teams and South Korean licensed teams in Pro Evolution Soccer series? Would be a great bet in Japonese marketing.
- Why Pro Evolution Soccer series doesn't have right to have more editions like Winning Eleven Series?
- What about a ball editor in-game editor?
- What about more classic teams specialy some clube teams, like Real Madrid 50's, Benfica 60's, Barcelona 90's etc...?

That's all, Thanks! ;)

Nice questions!

I would ask him: "How it feels to have WE9 kits decrypted?"

And if he visits sites like Evo-Web... :)

Love ya Takatsuka! :lmao:

Hi!

No, the interview has not beeen made yet. As I posted, the big chance will come on October 6.

As I know up to this moment, the interview might be like a press conference, and so it won´t be a "real" intrview. So, these quite detailed questions (e.g. PLF and his ML) may not be asked. But I hope I can get some extra time.

There was a pretty nice question about the "incomplete" manual. I heard a rumor that there might be a h**tb**k for P*o Ev*****on S*c*** 5, but that is not supposed to become public now. It might be relea*** when PES5 c***s o**.
Sorry for writing in code, but these infos are top secret.

Y17

PS: Let the questions come to me! :-)

some other questions for u to ask...:
Which is the last series of PES/WE for ps2
When can we see fully licensed PES/WE?
Do you download patches for we9 and try them out urself?
The current master league doesnt fully utilize the available club teams, are you gonna improve it?

Tridek2 said:
Nice questions!

I would ask him: "How it feels to have WE9 kits decrypted?"

And if he visits sites like Evo-Web... :)

Love ya Takatsuka! :lmao:
:lol: :mrgreen:

@Yeboah, alright man if you don't feel my question is suitable that's alright. But perhaps we can make it a bit shorter just saying why doesn't the ML structure currently not utilize the game's potential where you can only use divisions of 16 instead of real thing and overall about 72 teams out of 112 or so that you guys put in there.

Stan said:
Jesus...and you would certainly do a better job...this is pathetic.

i know that comment wasn't directed at me but i certainly would tell my art staff to draw STRAIGHT grass patterns and make my player animations be REALISTIC and NATURAL.

i'm sorry fantoms but name me one game with better player animations??? You can't...i 've had thesame discussion with someone a couple of weeks ago and the only thing he could think of was a previous incarnation of WE...i dare you...you will not find a better one...

Just mroe one question please:

-Why not third kits for the club teams? Some teams have it, and in MasterLeague, if we play a Inter vs FC Porto it's a bit confusing. Would be a great add to PES5 or maybe WE9 International from Japan.

Hi!

Now´s your last chance! Tomorrow I´m gonna fly to Italy and meet that guy. Anything that you still miss?

Y17

I didnt bother reading the rest of the thread and other questions asked, but im sure nobody's mentioned questions on replay.

1. Why did we7int have great replay views, we8 series had crappy ones.. and then we9 had the good heigher views again??? just off interest

and something a bit more sensible:

2. Will they ensure that replay length is a bit longer... so we can see the build up.. currently they are only about 6 secs in realtime speed... is there a chance that replays will be extended to about 20 sec + in future releases.. this would be amazing for those great build up type goals.

3. quickly one more.. um please ask him to also consider making celebrations more relistic..eg taking shirts off.. also allowing the player1 who scored the goal be able to manually celebrate.. ie. control the celebrating player..where he runs (with the team chasing him) and pressing buttons to do certain things..eg.. jump over fence.. or just slide on ground an wait for players.. this would be the ultimate of control... from play to goal, to celebration.. now thats what i call teh icing on the cake ;)
mind u..he'll probably just laugh :)

cheers,..and all the best yeboah.. and please thank seabass for making such a brilliant game :)

cheers,
steve

Ask him how Pro evo WE9 has sort of transformed over the year into ISS like on the old N64.
Only recently has new moves been incorparated such as the 360 degrees spin. This move was in ISS a long time ago. Every1 knows about this move in football why did it take so long to incorporate into WE/PE.

Also the gameplay in WE/PE is goin more towrds an arcade feel i feel. Moves such as the flick up on analogue stick. this move is similar to ISS the (i think its the left yellow button when u do the knee ups and dat.
Me i've noticed this soon there will be the flick over the head trick wit da ball (u watch)

Also i think is very IMPORTANT in ISS on da N64 u could move yr team around from set pieces by pushin da yellow down button.
This has 2 b incorporated because in PE/WE yr players stay more or less idle with u only b able 2 move 1 character. This mainly results in corners goin in from oppsition players when yr players should be clearly first to the ball.

Also they should add some sort function where u can create set pieces e.g from free kicks ( maybe in free kick mode which u then save and load into yr team settings b4 u start a match, jus like yr formation)

These are some issues i and a few others hav, and last but not least the the ability to change the camera all the way round when yr takin a free kick from the middle of the park. any1 noticed this that u cant pass back when u take a kick from the half-way line. (this is a minor fault some may not view this as dat important but i c it as football & in football u should be do most basic footie things)

Anyway lets us know
Cheers :)

ask "seabass" when they are going to improve penalties and when they going to make it look like real penalties, such as player movements and etc.

aussiepesfan said:
3. quickly one more.. um please ask him to also consider making celebrations more relistic..eg taking shirts off.. also allowing the player1 who scored the goal be able to manually celebrate.. ie. control the celebrating player..where he runs (with the team chasing him) and pressing buttons to do certain things..eg.. jump over fence.. or just slide on ground an wait for players.. this would be the ultimate of control... from play to goal, to celebration.. now thats what i call teh icing on the cake ;)
mind u..he'll probably just laugh :)

This!

But just say to him he could keep it very similar, just have say 4 celebrations per player and you just press the corresponding button to the one you want after a goal, would be simple to code in and work well.
I'd love to be able to do Vieri's shush after a late winner against one of my mates.

Thats about the only useless addition I can think of, the rest are gameplay and things that wont be added any time soon. :roll:

At least ask him about the ML setup and if they're gonna let us have full leagues any time soon. :applause:

Thanks. ;)

ask him why he doesn't allow us to create a bunch of blank teams so we can make our own leagues

also ask him if he has plans to make a proper tournament editor so we can create our own league structures, with 4 divisions, etc, like real life

Hi.....when you're interviewing Seabass you have got to speak with him about the terrible choice of stadiums and pitches.
I once had a vision .....What if i could play on a really high quality green, thick and soft pitch like the ones in world cup 2002 in japan/Korea or In euro 2004.
When i play in Master League....i can't stop thinking of how ugly the pitches are, except from OLYMPICO in ROM......oooooooofff what a fantastic pitch.
Soft and thick green pitches are so funny to play on.......the whole feeling of the game really improves belive me...!!!!!!!
Tell Seabass....that we want to play football on high quality pitches instead of, on rough dirty pitches like Chealsea's blue bridge.......In real life it is much better!!!!!!!!!!!

One more important thing!!!!!!..........the new feature where the ball takes more bounces is awful and really bad. While sitting and watching a real fotball match the ball kisses the green pitch while one player passes another, in some cases the ball takes a few bounces not always.........But now it's like all player's are amateurs who can't seem to deliver a proper pass.............Once again...by making the ball take less bounces ...the feeling will improve, drastically, belive me !!!!!!on that!!!!!!

edited. please don't post that way again, cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask him why in order to do a first time cross or through ball, you have to hold down the button that switches players - making it not work as well as it could. Instead of L1 for this, maybe R2 would be a better option.

And et rid of that damned pitch with the stripes that make it look like a ploughed field.

Stop taking stuff out of the games and keep adding (teams, editing options, replay views, L1 dribble).

For me its:

Do you guys actually watch games and realise that groundsmen mow the pitch in straight lines and not like drunken idiots?

The ML one, why not utilise the availeble amount of teams?

And what Zygalski just mentioned, doing a one-touch thru pass is nearly impossible because you switch player. Also ive noticed that when i want a player to run up for a lose ball and shoot with r2 he just stands still and hardly moves (some might call that ai cheating as it happens even when not pressing r2, but thats another discussion).

Zygalski said:
Stop taking stuff out of the games and keep adding (teams, editing options, replay views, L1 dribble).

L1 dribble? hmmm I thought you liked the auto side steps and you had no problems with it, what happened now?

Yeboah17 said:
Hi!

No, the interview has not beeen made yet. As I posted, the big chance will come on October 6.

As I know up to this moment, the interview might be like a press conference, and so it won´t be a "real" intrview. So, these quite detailed questions (e.g. PLF and his ML) may not be asked. But I hope I can get some extra time.

There was a pretty nice question about the "incomplete" manual. I heard a rumor that there might be a h**tb**k for P*o Ev*****on S*c*** 5, but that is not supposed to become public now. It might be relea*** when PES5 c***s o**.
Sorry for writing in code, but these infos are top secret.

Y17

PS: Let the questions come to me! :-)

Could this possibly be what you mean?

Could you please ask Seabass why Konami don't release PES on all platforms like EA do with Fifa, despite PES/WE being the top seller for Konami.

Seriously guys, it's a crime that Fifa has zero competition on the other consoles such as the DS.

Ask him about his plan for the next gen consoles...will there be big differences???

how about this:

Does it bring you alot of happiness to know that your game is 500x better than Electronic arts attempt at a footy game, and when will we be seeing EA lose their complete football licences to Konami?

Hell, I bet u any money players like Rooney, Ronaldhino etc who advertise Fifa don't play it. They are probably around Henry's house with Terry and Drogba playing PES5 ;)

Ulver said:
L1 dribble? hmmm I thought you liked the auto side steps and you had no problems with it, what happened now?

That L1 dribble was my favourite dribble style in PES4!!! Hated it that it was taken out in winning eleven 9/Pro evolution soccer 5.

Elite said:
That L1 dribble was my favourite dribble style in PES4!!! Hated it that it was taken out in winning eleven 9/Pro evolution soccer 5.

Hmm i see you have changed your opinion too, i thought you liked the new dribbling? i thought it was more *realistic* , what have changed your mind?

Now you guys just realized that the auto sidestep have ruined the game? :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!

Okay, I think that´s it. About twelve hours to wait until I meet the legend designer of the greatest football game. I´m pretty excited, and I hope to get the chance to at least ask 15 of your questions.

You´ll get the answers ASAP.

Thanks a lot, and remember:

Hamburger SV + Rafael van der Vaart = Champions League!

Yeboah17

Hi!

If you think about it for a moment, you will find the answer yourself, won´t you?

:-k

Y17

Back
Top Bottom