Interview with "Seabass"

Yeboah17

Hamburger SV
24 November 2004
Germany
Hamburger SV
Hi!

I have the opportunity to ask "Seabass" a few questions concerning WE/PES. Are there some special things you ever wanted to know? I will meet him on October 6.

Y17

Could you please ask him if Winning Eleven is still gonna be released for the Nintendo DS or has this now been cancelled. (PSP Exclusive)

Na sowas, wusste gar nicht, dass du hier angemeldet bist. Mal sehen, ob mir auch noch ein paar Dinge einfallen. Danke jedenfalls für den Hinweis! :)

Grüßle,

Slochy

ask him to improve the shitty menus. i hate them.

also ask him to take out the auto side step.

also ask him to stop releasing 4 differnt versions of each game and release 1 GREAT game per year.

ask him if i can have a job.

thanks

The question that seems most relevant to me is about the ML.
I would want to know why the ML is not more costumizable. For example why not more leagues than four and why only 16 teams in a leuague,...
Has it something to do with the fact that Japanese gamers don't like customizable things???

Ask if there's a possibility to get more Liscence's for all leagues coz this will make the master league better havin proper leagues with the corect number of teams etc.

Ofcourse, what great stuff can we expect from winnin eleven 10 !!

Is there gonna be a Final Version of WE9 or any other version, maybe like Winning Eleven Germany 2006 :p ?
and please please can you post the interview later :)

Last edited:
kobashi said:
Could you please ask him if Winning Eleven is still gonna be released for the Nintendo DS or has this now been cancelled. (PSP Exclusive)

D I T T O

"Is Winning Eleven coming out for the Nintendo DS? OR ANY Nintendo system like Gamecube or Revolution?

Yeboah17 said:
Hi!

I have the opportunity to ask "Seabass" a few questions concerning WE/PES. Are there some special things you ever wanted to know? I will meet him on October 6.

Y17

Ask him wether or not he plans to include 360 degree player movement in the future.

the ML question for me. When, if at all, are they going to either a; make it use the full amount of teams (example; 5 euro leagues of 20 and the rest go into either the CL/UEFA cups with the qualifiyers) or b; more costumizable. Its shit how it is now tbh.

I think the license question is pretty pointless imo, after all he says the same everytime; "we are working on it and hope to have more licenses"

He's also stated what he wants to have on the next-gen consoles so mayby a better question is how far he thinks they are with development, and if possible what are the main examples that will be in the nextgen game compared to the ps2/xbox versions.

Is there gonna be an xbox360 version available at launch in november.

What are the changes for we10/pes6?

I think those are pretty much the most important ones when it comes to development for the next version.

Seabass Tetsuka (sp??) is basically the man behind Winning Eleven/ Pro Evo.

Its his baby.

Can U PLEASE ask Seabass what the ponint of a STARTING 11 is IF the AI is ALWAYS gonna change it FOR EVERYTHING besides friendly matches....... I mean there is no use in editing a good starting 11 if its just gonna be canceled out for the AI to pick their own...... And its not just because the ai is resting players this happens even at the beginning of new seasons.... its really annoyin and sumthing that needs to be addressed......

Will you plzzzzzz ask him why the two nordic teams FC Copenhagen and Djurgården are in pes5 and not Brøndby IF and Malmø FF

Ask him about the auto sidestep, is it going to change or is it going to stay like this?

ask him how are you supposed to defend corners in the game

why did he remove egypt and jamaica and some other club teams?

Please ask him why its so easy to get a freekick, its maybe realistic but its not fun to play the game that way.

Why only 32 created players to the clubs?

Please tell him to put a deeper database in next game even if it needs to put a list of free agents abot 200 (Players like Guinazo and lot of others).

I would like to know when the ball won't be "scripted" in terms of deflections and shoots, when we'll have proper control of players running and 360 degrees movement (I hate railed runs) and, probably the most important one:

WHEN WILL WE HAVE PROPER AI IN SINGLE PLAYER AND NOT A BUNCH OF CHEATS THAT MAKE THE GAME SO BORING AND ABSURD TO PLAY EVEN IF YOU WIN 3-0.

A few questions (other later !) :

- first and foremost, in the field of gameplay, why do players don't have the possibility to juggle like on ISS64, 98 and 2000 on N64 (I know it is not the same team but these are both Konami teams so they can take the idea) : indeed, it should be barely useless but people should have the possibility to do it (and maybe lose the ball but still) so as to increase a lot more realism :

* in ISS on N64, it was the :circle: equivalent without direction to lift the ball/control an aerial ball and then holding the button you could juggle and move and make a real sombrero move not the crappy move of WE8/PES4 and WE9/PES5

* in WE/PES, it could be the same with :r2: held before and then :circle: held too without direction to lift/control and then you would move and juggle with both buttons held, then release to stop juggling and do whatever you want (move, low pass, high pass, through pass, shoot)

(Seabass should take it in account if he's really a football addict but from PES5 on (too late I know, such a shame !), seeing that like many people, I suppose, I won't buy the PS3 as soon as it will be released cos way too expensive)

- in the field of editing, why isn't there enough slots to edit badges for each unlicenced teams (clubs and all national teams)

- why isn't there a normal database and a classic database to put retiring players like Zidane and Rivaldo soon and the possibility to put classic players in classic teams (like Romario and Rivaldo when he'll retire in classic Brazil / R. Baggio, Batistuta and Zidane when he'll retire in repectively classic Italy, classic Argentina and classic France

I know I will have other questions but that is what comes to my mind for the moment

Last edited:
Hi!

Thanks for your input, mates! I hope that I´m gonna have enough time to ask these extremely different topics. Remember not to post questions whose answers we already know.

So far:

- What about more teams?
- What/Who determines the team selection (Egypt/Copenhagen)?
- Any Nintendo version of PES/WE?
- When will the controls be revised (360°/Juggling, hey, I liked that feature, too!)
- What are his favourite clubs?
- What about the foul-ridden gameplay?
- Winning Eleen 9 FE/Germany Edition?

Keep the questions coming, 1 month to go ;-)

Y17

Back
Top Bottom