Improved Career Mode mod

Ya match ratings are actually terrible hope you all can fix that someday 😅

For negotiations in career mode with this mod, do we have to use 'strict' or 'loose'? @Topaz
Up to you. I use loose personally as strict could behave strangely at times(if you are a lower rated team, you cannot buy any players from higher league for example).

Changes from 1.9.5:
- Updated to TU 15.1
- Added new playstyle and more frequent playstyle traits to youth players.
- Fixed AI stalling transfer offer for a very long time.
- Hopefully fixed loaning players becoming permanent transfer.

Attachments

• ImprovedCareerModev1_9_5.zip
    91.1 KB · Views: 30
Changes from 1.9.5:
- Updated to TU 15.1
- Added new playstyle and more frequent playstyle traits to youth players.
- Fixed AI stalling transfer offer for a very long time.
- Hopefully fixed loaning players becoming permanent transfer.
Absolutely love this mod my friend! It makes career mode so much more fun and realistic and thank you for that! I've got two questions if I may. The first is regarding the AI range of deviation from the player market value when bidding or demanding transfer fee. I found it a little too exaggerated sometimes when the AI asking for twice or more than the player value (you can see in the pictures for example Haaland and Kimmich) or offering me way too less than the player value (if the player value is very low, the AI will bid 0) I think you did absolutely great job with the transfers algorithm, but maybe it will be a good idea to limit the deviation percentage from the market value to reflect real life, do you think it's possible? The second question is how would you recommend to me to start my way in modding? I've got so many ideas and I want to be able to help make the game better, but I don't know where to start... what should I learn? Thank you again, for your time and effort, and your awesome work! I'm really appreciating it!

Attachments

• FC 24 15_06_2024 21_43_37.png
    FC 24 15_06_2024 21_43_37.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
  • FC 24 15_06_2024 22_01_41.png
    FC 24 15_06_2024 22_01_41.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • FC 24 16_06_2024 4_56_33.png
    FC 24 16_06_2024 4_56_33.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
  • FC 24 16_06_2024 4_54_52.png
    FC 24 16_06_2024 4_54_52.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
  • FC 24 16_06_2024 4_55_20.png
    FC 24 16_06_2024 4_55_20.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
Absolutely love this mod my friend! It makes career mode so much more fun and realistic and thank you for that! I've got two questions if I may. The first is regarding the AI range of deviation from the player market value when bidding or demanding transfer fee. I found it a little too exaggerated sometimes when the AI asking for twice or more than the player value (you can see in the pictures for example Haaland and Kimmich) or offering me way too less than the player value (if the player value is very low, the AI will bid 0) I think you did absolutely great job with the transfers algorithm, but maybe it will be a good idea to limit the deviation percentage from the market value to reflect real life, do you think it's possible? The second question is how would you recommend to me to start my way in modding? I've got so many ideas and I want to be able to help make the game better, but I don't know where to start... what should I learn? Thank you again, for your time and effort, and your awesome work! I'm really appreciating it!
Another thing that I encountered and forgot to mention is the transfers outside the transfer window, it happened too many times compare to real life including big money transfers that are unlikely to occur outsid ethe transfer window, I think it will be more realistic to reduce the probability of that (especially with big transfers). I hope it's possible, and I hope that what I've said is ok and will help improve the mod. (In the pictures I added examples)

Attachments

• FC 24 16_06_2024 6_13_13.png
    FC 24 16_06_2024 6_13_13.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • FC 24 16_06_2024 6_13_59.png
    FC 24 16_06_2024 6_13_59.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • FC 24 16_06_2024 6_14_37.png
    FC 24 16_06_2024 6_14_37.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • FC 24 16_06_2024 6_15_00.png
    FC 24 16_06_2024 6_15_00.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 11

You cannot really change a range/deviation like that. It's based on a lot of factors like form, morale, happiness, league, team rating, age, contract length and potential. That's why the UI doesn't really reflect true values. I can change what factor contribute more to their values or less.

I purposefully have teams make good amount of singings outside of the transfer window to offset the amount of singings they make during the transfer window(which by default isn't a lot compared to real life). It keeps the league and the matches competitive.

Can this mod do anything about the CPU nerfing my players?

Hate the games where my team suddenly can't dribble, pass or shoot for absolutely no reason, apart from a poorly implemented difficulty spike.

Question for you-- (some context first)-- a While ago, I tried a home-made mod that improved loan acceptance and loan behavior, and made more low-to-mid (i.e. 60-78) level players available in free agency. This was an attempt to replicate how many lower-league teams (League 1, League 2, Ligue 2, etc) build through frees as much as they can. So I bumped the numbers of players released to free agency, and I THOUGHT I bumped teams filling from free agency.

But now, a few seasons in, I see major (Premier League! Championship! Champions-League-Quality!) teams running 1 goalkeeper, 23-24 outfield players (and sometimes less!) ...

Your mod looks like a great fix for this !

If I want to tweak my home-made mod, to ensure that larger teams carry 30+, while still retaining a viable free agency for lower-tier teams, would you be willing to share some thoughts about what else I need to edit?
(I altered these INIs: player contract, cmsettings, managerai, transferlistings. Altered some CSVs: NegotiationsLoanorBuy, TransfersNegotiationsSettings)

Can this mod do anything about the CPU nerfing my players?

Hate the games where my team suddenly can't dribble, pass or shoot for absolutely no reason, apart from a poorly implemented difficulty spike.
I removed all the boosts but you need to use a gameplay mod like @Anth James to eliminate all the boosts for CPU.

Question for you-- (some context first)-- a While ago, I tried a home-made mod that improved loan acceptance and loan behavior, and made more low-to-mid (i.e. 60-78) level players available in free agency. This was an attempt to replicate how many lower-league teams (League 1, League 2, Ligue 2, etc) build through frees as much as they can. So I bumped the numbers of players released to free agency, and I THOUGHT I bumped teams filling from free agency.

But now, a few seasons in, I see major (Premier League! Championship! Champions-League-Quality!) teams running 1 goalkeeper, 23-24 outfield players (and sometimes less!) ...

Your mod looks like a great fix for this !

If I want to tweak my home-made mod, to ensure that larger teams carry 30+, while still retaining a viable free agency for lower-tier teams, would you be willing to share some thoughts about what else I need to edit?
(I altered these INIs: player contract, cmsettings, managerai, transferlistings. Altered some CSVs: NegotiationsLoanorBuy, TransfersNegotiationsSettings)
There is a limited amount of transfer a team can do and it's scripted within the engine. This also includes loan moves. The way of fixed it was making CPU team make more transfers/loans outside of the transfer window so when the transfer window starts, those players gets transferred. For the min amount of player per position, you need to also change wpa.ini.

There is a limited amount of transfer a team can do and it's scripted within the engine. This also includes loan moves. The way of fixed it was making CPU team make more transfers/loans outside of the transfer window so when the transfer window starts, those players gets transferred. For the min amount of player per position, you need to also change wpa.ini.
Awesome, thanks. I might play with this. Might take a look at your mod and what it does to lower leagues also. I appreciate the quick reply!

Back
Top Bottom